Chapter 1: The Wreckage

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Chapter 1: The Wreckage

#101 Post by tibbius »

"It makes a difference," said the young gnome fussily. "If he was thrown it was a death by violence and he should be buried under the Sun. If he fell it was a death by accident and he must be buried under the Moon." He gestured vaguely toward the stage. "When a king's burial is at stake these are important questions! ... Your accent is good. Have you lived here long?"
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

sirravd

#102 Post by sirravd »

"I'm aware it is important, but I don't know the answer. As for how long I've lived here, that's none of your business."

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#103 Post by tibbius »

The gnome stamped his little booted foot impatiently. His dark braids swung from side to side. His nose was about even with Galeschin's navel. Looking upward at the big Riverine man, he seemed exceptionally childish. "Courtesy would serve you better," he said sharply and shrilly. "I am Doblas, second underdeputychiefpriest of the Sun. My mission is to investigate the death of the late King Bryce and properly inter him. Where is his body?"

Einrich had walked away, gathering a squad of soldiers to retrieve the bodies of his previous squad.
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#104 Post by Rex »

Rus

Rus stays with Einrich and continues to ignore the gnome.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#105 Post by tibbius »

Rex wrote:Rus

Rus stays with Einrich and continues to ignore the gnome.
The fallen soldiers from earlier in the day maybe got up and wandered away. Their weapons and bodies were not where Rus remembered the affray. Einrich kicked at the smooth moon-grey hexagonal pavers and struck one hand into the other: "Damn their eyes, they've deserted. Eleven men short."

The delegation from Sun City continued to move around the plaza with sacks, gathering especially the scattered books and scrolls. They avoided interacting with the soldiery.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#106 Post by Rex »

Rus

"Maybe we should head back then. This place is a mess in more ways than one."

sirravd

#107 Post by sirravd »

Galeschin wearily concurred. This is hopeless. Who knew that regicide would result in so much chaos?"

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#108 Post by Rex »

Rus

"I think he probably tripped well trying to take a piss, but don't tell the gnomes that." Rus says with a chuckle.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#109 Post by tibbius »

Galeschin feels his hand begin to twitch. There's a faint tingle down his spine, as well. He knows fairly soon his mouth will be watering and his attention will be jumping all around.

He reaches for his pouch of coins and berries, and it isn't there. Must have broken from his belt during an earlier fracas.

I rolled that as a random event.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

sirravd

#110 Post by sirravd »

"Hey," Galeschin whispers conspiratorially, "I'm jonesing hard for steadyberries. You know where I can score some?"

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#111 Post by Rex »

Rus

"Nope, don't touch them myself. Maybe the captain knows. We can try heading for the docks, you can get anything there if your willing to pay the price."

sirravd

#112 Post by sirravd »

"I remember that alchemist..." muttered Galeschin. "I'd better get to him, and fast. The lack is getting to me..."

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#113 Post by tibbius »

It seemed that Galeschin needed to look up his alchemist buddy soonest possible.

There remained the matter of what to do with the soldiers. Would Galeschin return command to Einrich, who itched to return to camp and get clear of the city?

Also, what of the delegation from Sun Citadel? Was anything to be gained from interacting with them?

Would Rus accompany Einrich, or Galeschin?
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#114 Post by Rex »

Rus

Rus stays with Galeschin, it looks like he may need his help soon. "Lets go and find your alchemist friend."

sirravd

#115 Post by sirravd »

Galeschin, in an increasingly unsteady voice, thanked his friend, and set out for the alchemist.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#116 Post by tibbius »

Surprisingly, the shop of "Zadran, Dr. Alquemic" was open for business in mid-afternoon. Unsurprisingly, empty of customers. Galeschin remembered that Zadran's clientele, like himself, mostly stopped by in the later evening. Under the steady white glow of the Tower ... something he guessed he wouldn't see again. The light show last night had been wild, like lightning without thunder. The streets had been dark and scary, the profession of torchbearer being pretty much unknown in Moontower.

Zadran greeted Galeschin pleasantly, thanked him for his business, and pulled out a fat bag of steadyberries from a cabinet. He counted fifteen into Galeschin's tremoring sweating palms. "Do you want more?" he asked. "Remember, overdose can happen. Be careful."

Anything more to be said to the alchemist?
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#117 Post by Rex »

Rus

Rus will wait outside well Galeschin deals with the alchemist.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#118 Post by tibbius »

Pelias walked up to Rus. His green linen robe was very badly wrinkled and smeared with dirt from where he had fallen in the street that morning. His expression was disgruntled and frightened.

"Everything's going to hell," he said directly. "Just like it did before. We should either get out of here, or attach ourselves firmly to the Fauchardians. They're the only stable force right now, and if they pull out and if we stick close enough, we can get to safety with them. Pretty soon, the madness from the city will spread out to the surrounding villages."
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Return to “Throes of Thran (Barbarians of Lemuria)”