is there a dark mode?

If you need support for dice roller or the forums, post here.
SeaSaltSong
Tracker
Tracker

is there a dark mode?

#1 Post by SeaSaltSong »

So i did a forum search and found this was asked about 8 years ago, so I'm curious if there have been any developments. If not on-site, are there any browser ad-ons anyone uses?
Characters
Lasombra, Sister Hannah || Baltimore by Night -- VtM 20th Anniversary
Wood Elf Druid, Kythaela Jadewind || Adventures in Manor Hills -- DnD 5e

GM
Orlando by Night -- VtM 20th Anniversary

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: is there a dark mode?

#2 Post by dmw71 »

There isn't a dark mode option or setting in the forum software that I'm aware of. I did just learn that the Google Chrome mobile app (Android) has a dark mode, though: I'm guessing the desktop app will have it, too. Same with iOS but I'm not positive about either.

I'm out at the moment and not near my computer, but I can look more into this later.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#3 Post by dmw71 »

dmw71 wrote:I did just learn that the Google Chrome mobile app (Android) has a dark mode... I'm guessing the desktop app will have it, too.
Here you go:
-- Project --
-- DM --

SeaSaltSong
Tracker
Tracker

#4 Post by SeaSaltSong »

Thanks. unfortunately it's only the task bar it changes and not the bulk of what I'm looking at. I'm sure there's a way in the admin panel using custom scripts, but sounds like we'd need someone who actually knew coding to get that lol. it's all good.

EDIT: Going to brush up on my CSS since I found an extension that will let me make something that changes it on the client side.
Characters

GM

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#5 Post by dmw71 »

Come to think of it, I remember this being asked not that long ago: Unfortunately, I don't think enabling dark mode will happen.
-- Project --
-- DM --

SeaSaltSong
Tracker
Tracker

#6 Post by SeaSaltSong »

So I actually found a chrome extension (It available on FireFox too, but not sure if the stylesheet I made is compatible) that applies edits from the client side at next to no memory. Here is a preview.

I'm still tweaking and figuring it out, but what I'm doing should be available to anyone else that uses the extension (It's called Stylish).

Can't figure out how to edit the forums read and unread icons, as well as some others, but eh. Work in progress.
Attachments
Preview
Preview
Unseen Servant Dark mode.png (231.24 KiB) Viewed 848 times
Characters

GM

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#7 Post by Alethan »

Of course there's a Dark Mode. There's always a Dark Mode.

You don't want Dark Mode.

That's where Admins go through all of the games, randomly rolling players' dice on the dice roller, forging player posts to make you do things you don't want to do, and killing PCs at will. Killing PCs named Will. Willing PCs to kill other PCs named Will. Then when your character dies, s/he/it is cast down to the hellfire pits of damnation and fury where they will spend the rest of eternity, rolling D20s. And it will never fail that when the die rolls off the table, it will be a great roll, maybe an 18 or 19 or occasionally a 20. But it will be out of bounds and thus not count. Any roll that lands on the table always comes up 1. And you will roll up new character stats using 3d6 IN ORDER, with no trading or moving points. You will be mediocre, at best. Doesn't matter, though, because your dice will always come up 1s. For all of Eternity...

You do not want Dark Mode.

We also have a Danke Mode, which is much more pleasant. Everyone is just really polite to everyone else. It's quite nice.

Alethan
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

Return to “Help and Support”