Character Meet-n-Greet

Gelatinous Q
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: Character Meet-n-Greet

#21 Post by Gelatinous Q »

Gelatinous Q wrote:room, double ……………..................... 1 gp, 10 sp/night
OOC: Sorry if this was unclear. Hagedorn charges 1 gp + 10 sp (or 30 sp) per double room per night. Or, 15 sp per bed per night. He may be gabby, but he's no price-gouger. ;)

"There'll be no beddin' down on account here, my boy," he replies somewhat tartly. "But twould be asking for bad fortune to come down on me if I turned out a bidden guest during Wenta's Feast. There's always some such thing to be done . . . Mother, can ye think of anything wants doin'?"

Ysolde calls back while serving ale to the dwarf and gnome: "The latrines'll need flushed and scrubbed and fresh lime thrown down. That's a start."

"Ye heerd the lady," Hagedorn chuckles and fills Iomhar's empty tankard. "May as well brace yourself with more of this, my lad — you'll need it."

One of the other patrons has produced a hurdy-gurdy upon which he begins to belt out a roisterous, vulgar, minor-key shanty about murder and revenge. "Augh, Boddenthwaite," Ysolde calls out over the din. "Don't ye know any nice songs?"
Failure is always an option.

emirikol57
Strider
Strider

#22 Post by emirikol57 »

Why thanks you Bran but I think I'll need another hunnerd years before my mustache becomes more acceptable! Oh, my apologies, how rude of me! My name is Ulfronde Vlissingen, though me friends usually call me Ulf for short. Ulfronde finishes off his ale. Ahh, good stuff! I didn't like the look of those three soldiers that were here earlier. I find it rather odd that they left this fine ale untouched. Now it could simply be the human inability to appreciate fine ale, but usually soldiers drink anything resembling alcohol.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#23 Post by Alethan »

Overhearing the conversation between the young man and Hagedorn, Bran comments (a little too loudly, as it were), "If she's willing to pay you an imperial and and ten to clean the crappers, ye better hope they're infested with something worth killing, like giant rats or a kobold or two! Otherwise, if it pays that much just to clean the privy, I wouldn't touch it with..." he looks around the room and rests his eyes on Glogs, "THAT man's 10' pole!"
Last edited by Alethan on Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by onlyme »

Our hero Iomhar Mac Lyr is finishing off his final cup of ale for the (he has forgotten by now) time this evening. He braces himself for the rather unenjoyable task at hand when suddenly he remembers..."Sometimes I think I have lost the sense I was born with... Don't ye worry about me funds this evening. I plum forgot about my other pouch.

Mac Lyr had remembered, just in the nick of time no less, the fateful transaction that had occurred earlier in the week. When he was trading in his dearly departed mother's prized marble statue of Procan for gold and supplies, the merchant had short changed him by deliberately miscalculating the silver to gold conversion... The final resting place of that crooked merchant came back to Mac Lyr as he thought of cleaning that latrine. Mac Lyr actually had three more gold pieces, which he had sewn into one his boots.

He holds out his empty cup once again... but this time with a relieved smile on his face.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Gelatinous Q
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#25 Post by Gelatinous Q »

<OOC: The meet-n-greet is chugging along quite nicely, I think. I'm hoping to open the official starting thread later tonight or tomorrow, at which time I'll probably merge this thread with the new one, so feel free to continue with the repartee.>

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by onlyme »

Mac Lyr sits back with his fresh cup of ale, his only worry now is that that its source must be running dry at some point sooner than later. He decides to join in the conversation happening not far away. Bran... Ulf I believe... My name is Iomhar Mac Lyr. My apologies for being coarse earlier. My manners must have been tired from my journey here. I have been travelling these few days from Marner. May I join you for some conversation? He doesnt really wait for the answer, as he was practically on his way when he asked.

He slows as he goes by the human sitting near him. He cannot help but to "toast" the young man's ale at just enough force to shift the handle closer to 10 o'clock. Careful to not cause spillage. Even free, some individuals frown on having their ale wasted. Cheers, friend. Name's Iomhar"

He chuckles as he finishes his few steps to join Bran and Ulf.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Gelatinous Q
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#27 Post by Gelatinous Q »

<OOC: We are officially underway. New thread here. Locking this one.>

Return to “1E Greyhawk: Strange Days in Ratik”