Rules Questions and Other Chatter (Hunted)

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Rules Questions and Other Chatter (Hunted)

#1 Post by tibbius »

Tibbius said
One house rule I am considering - damage from Brawling bypasses armor? The garotte idea made me wonder whether this might make sense. Another example would be the poniards of the medieval battlefield, which were used in grapples to penetrate the openings of "full" plate. Please let me know what you think.
Ildu said
I like the idea of brawling bypassing armor. It accounts for things like headshots and grappling, and makes it feel like a more viable method of combat, but also makes it more dangerous for both parties.
The Walrus said
Yeah, I'm also in favor of brawling bypassing armor, given that it currently doesn't have much to recommend it. I do think that it'd probably make sense for the natural armor of beasts to still work against it though - you're not going to be strangling or punching e.g. an alligator to death anytime soon.
Last edited by tibbius on Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Game Thread

#2 Post by tibbius »

Let's try to get some inter-PC repartee between Kimse, Korok, and Ea, and get urban foraging rolls for Kork and Kimse, then I'll move things along a bit ...
Neil Gaiman: "I started imagining a world in which we replaced the phrase 'politically correct' wherever we could with 'treating other people with respect', and it made me smile."..."I know what you’re thinking now. You’re thinking 'Oh my god, that’s treating other people with respect gone mad!'"
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Rules Questions and Other Chatter

#3 Post by tibbius »

Getting from melee into brawling takes a full round - no attack that round = all opponents in melee get a "free" attack. Getting from brawling out to melee also takes a full round and gives up a brawling attack to the opponent you're brawling as well as melee attacks from opponents in melee.

Small light weapons may be used in brawling at DM discretion. Dagger yes, rapier no.
Last edited by tibbius on Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

The Walrus
Squire
Squire

Re: Game Thread

#4 Post by The Walrus »

I'm sorry to quit just as we're getting started soon, but I'm actually going to have to drop out. I've just been having really low energy lately and I can't spend as much effort on this game as it would deserve. Thanks for introducing me to Barbarians of Lemuria, though, and I hope the rest of you have a good game.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#5 Post by tibbius »

Sorry to see you go. You are an entertaining writer and gave Korok a good start. I hope your energy is restored soon. Was there anything I could have done to make the game more gripping?
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

The Walrus
Squire
Squire

#6 Post by The Walrus »

Thanks, I hope so too! There's nothing I can particularly think of that would've made the game more 'gripping', it really is just a problem on my end.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#7 Post by tibbius »

Please make sure that you link your characters (in the Dice Roller) to campaign ID 801.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

ildu
Squire
Squire

#8 Post by ildu »

Got it, I'll be attempting to do so when I'm back at my home PC tonight!

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#9 Post by tibbius »

Thanks!
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by Urson »

What 'rules' do the nobles have to follow when they hunt us? And what rules do the Hunted have to follow?
If the PC's know these rules, we can work with them and try to find exploits that will help us survive.
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#11 Post by tibbius »

They have to bring back your collar and a part of your body. They also wear collars (golden ones) and if you can get back to the Grey God's temple with a golden collar then you "win," or if you keep your own collar for a year you are free.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#12 Post by tibbius »

Urson wrote:Kimse

For success in finding the rough terrain:
[3d6] = 13
For Kimse the roll macro would be
Kimse seeks terrain to hide [1d6] = 6[1d6] = 1 +1 Barbarian +1 Hunter = 9, just barely succeeds ...
(he has no boon that would let him roll an extra die for this task, and even if he did, it would be "best two of three" not all three totaled).
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by Urson »

Ok- I think I see now. Thanks.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#14 Post by tibbius »

Posting seems a little slow compared to what it has been. Everybody busy lately?
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by Urson »

That often happens. Post rates ebb and flow, depending on too many factors to keep track of.

ildu
Squire
Squire

#16 Post by ildu »

Sorry, I've been stuck at work don't doubles the past week. I haven't been home a lot but today it's my last night, so I'll have something when I get back home tomorrow!

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#17 Post by tibbius »

ildu wrote:doubles the past week.
medical field?
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

ildu
Squire
Squire

#18 Post by ildu »

tibbius wrote:
ildu wrote:doubles the past week.
medical field?
Yep! I work 9-1-1. I'm going to try to make a post tonight. I really do apologize for the delay, and will, in the future, try to give heads up when I have to work longer nights.

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Rules Questions and Other Chatter (Hunted)

#19 Post by tibbius »

Posting suggestions

Let's try for at least twice a week per player ... Tuesdays and Thursdays?

Please, in each post, try to have your character(s) do something. Ildu, you're in charge of Ea's followers unless I step in to introduce some kind of complication. Have them comply with her instructions or not. I'll let you know the results. Urson, please have Kimse do something?
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

tibbius
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Rules Questions and Other Chatter (Hunted)

#20 Post by tibbius »

It's been ten days since I posted here. We've had one post since then - by Urson, who has informed me he's dropping out of the game.

That leaves Ildu, who hasn't logged on since Monday 2/17 and hasn't posted here since 2/8.

I'm willing to run a solo game if there's a steady posting rate - three to four substantial posts each week? Otherwise it's not entertaining for me as DM.
Fail States RPG
Mythistorical Bundle
माया | Gratitude

Return to “You are the Hunted (Barbarians of Lemuria)”