C&C: Into the Darkenfold

I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

C&C: Into the Darkenfold

#1 Post by Ahlmzhad »

A campaign set in a primordial forest. Lots of exploration and chance for gold. Not much for missions for the King.

Looking for adventurers that want to play high magic, explore, and customize their character.

I'm allowing a maximum amount of character growth and personalization.

If you haven't played C&C and enojoy 1e, 2e or any OSR this game should suit you.

Collecting character concepts at this time. You can use base characters from the C&C PHB, ABP, and PGA.

Play will be in Aihrde.

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: C&C: Into the Darkenfold

#2 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Here are my house rules as of today. They're pretty much finished, but might see a few changes.

https://1drv.ms/w/s!Ah3DS3lkw0omg6Bk2VN ... Q?e=eY6LSp

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by ybn1197 »

Count me in.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#4 Post by Scott308 »

I'm interested, but not going to be able to play at this time. I'm already working on characters for a couple games, so I really shouldn't add another, unfortunately. Maybe as I get going in those games a bit more, I could join. I've got the Adventurer's Backpack and would really like to get a chance to use it!
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#5 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Great YBN. Check out the doc I linked. I'm being pretty wide open with character creation so think about what you'd like to build.

Scott: I understand, if you find you have time check with me.

Olorin Crebain
Squire
Squire

#6 Post by Olorin Crebain »

Found a link to your thread on the Piazza forum and was intrigued from the moment I read Castle & Crusades in the title, because I have a lot of those books, probably not the ones you specified....

I have Players Hand Book Alternate Digital Printing, but not the 7th Printing I've recently found on Drive Thru RPG. Where I've also found Adventurers Back Pack (Which I don't have) and I don't have the Player's Guide to Aihrde either. (I just found it on Drive Thru RPG just now. One looks generic and the other is fifth edition.)

So, would you still be interested in having me in your game. I was looking at Half-Orc Barbarian or Half-Elf Monk unless that's been overused.
Not all who wander are lost....

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by rredmond »

Welcome Olorin Crebain!
Glad you found your way here. Just wanted to be sure you knew that a new member’s first two posts need to be approved by a Moderator. After that you have full user status on Unseen Servant and there will be no delays with posting.
Again welcome!
—Ron—
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Olorin Crebain
Squire
Squire

#8 Post by Olorin Crebain »

Hello Rredmond,

You probably know who I am from the Piazza forums.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by rredmond »

Ah, [looks at profile] Australia - checks out! Different usernames here, there AND on discord? How do you remember them all. :D
No Thri-Kreen inspired name for here?

My username was picked a million years ago in a most boring manner on another RPG forum. I thought I could always change it - I also thought that about my avatar until folks complained (again a million years ago) that my avatar should remain the same. Especially when I met some of them in real life and they thought it looked a little like me. :D Ah those were the days :lol:
Again welcome and g’day ;)
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Olorin Crebain
Squire
Squire

#10 Post by Olorin Crebain »

No Thri-Kreen name here?

Well, I actually grew to hate that one, but haven't been able to change it. It seemed like good idea at the time.....When I was really enthusiastic about playing Thri-Kreen in Dark Sun. I played one in a Forgotten Realms game that was homebrew and then a more text book variety (A Thri-Kreen Barbarian) in a actual Dark Sun game back when I was a member of Role-Players club back in the late 90's. I still don't think I have fully fulfilled my Thri-Kreen desire....yet.

Olorin Crebain is partially another name for Gandalf. I think one of the other races gave it to him, but not sure which one exactly. Crebain was added to the name merely for it's phonetic quality rather than accuracy.

I do have a lot of names on the internet and I don't actually remember all the passwords for them.

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#11 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Olorin Crebain wrote:Found a link to your thread on the Piazza forum and was intrigued from the moment I read Castle & Crusades in the title, because I have a lot of those books, probably not the ones you specified....

I have Players Hand Book Alternate Digital Printing, but not the 7th Printing I've recently found on Drive Thru RPG. Where I've also found Adventurers Back Pack (Which I don't have) and I don't have the Player's Guide to Aihrde either. (I just found it on Drive Thru RPG just now. One looks generic and the other is fifth edition.)

So, would you still be interested in having me in your game. I was looking at Half-Orc Barbarian or Half-Elf Monk unless that's been overused.
No problems at all. First a bit of info on C&C the books are just new printings not editions. So the origianl PHB and the 7th only have different look and some errata cleaned up. So any printing of any of the books work. You can play the game fully with the PHB, the others just add classes, races, spells, and setting info. So yes you'd be most welcome to join us. Either of those class race combo's are fine (actually any are as the setting is wide open with lots of hostility but very mixed up). Check my doc above as it has some specifics in it on character generation and development.

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#12 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Well Olorin is the name the Elves knew him by in Valinor and Cerbain is the name for large crows from Dunland. So could have been used to combine one of his names with Crow as he is referred to derogatorily as the Storm Crow!

Olorin Crebain
Squire
Squire

#13 Post by Olorin Crebain »

Right, I think I will go with Half-Orc Barbarian, because that sounds like fun to me and I'm going to call him Huzzah. I'm about to roll stats on the Unseen Servant and there is a option for a campaign I.D. It's optional, not required, but I thought I would ask anyway. Do you have one, a campaign I.D.?

Olorin Crebain
Squire
Squire

#14 Post by Olorin Crebain »

I have few questions to ask....

Are there any skills or proficiencies?

How high can my attributes go? Because I found that after adding the primary stat bonus they went up to 19 and that's not even with the racial bonus's added on?

If attributes can go as high as 20, would the stat bonus be +7?

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#15 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Well there's really no limit on it, but there are no stat bonuses other than racial. The stat bonus referred to in my notes, and in the PHB is a bonus on skill and saving checks for things driven by that Stat.

The game works on the Siege Engine. The full details are in the PHB. My house rules explain how I've made some mods to how the skill check bonuses are calculated, but basically if you want to do something you try to do it with the attribute that logically applies for that action (ie jumping a canyon would be Dex or Str with you getting to choose your best option). You then roll a D20 + your stat bonus + your Prime/Secondary/Tertiary attribute bonus with a target of 18 + the CL (Challenge Level) of the action. So someone with a 16 Dex trying to jump that canyon with Dex being a Primary Attribute would roll 1D20+9, and the target needed would be 19.

So the system is totally open ended on skills with the exception being skills specific to a class. Only a Ranger can track for example. Again more details in my house rules linked above.

You can train in a task and get better at it, or even gain a skill from another class. Again details in the House rules.

Choosing your attributes classification is very important for what you'll be good or challenged at. It also makes being a human and getting three primary attributes a huge bonus.

Olorin Crebain
Squire
Squire

#16 Post by Olorin Crebain »

So, the only time you use your Primary+6/Secondary+3/Tertiary Bonus+0 bonus is when your doing a skill check based on that attribute that is Primary/Secondary or Tertiary?

At first I thought, you add those bonus's on to the stats that are either Primary, Secondary or Tertiary.

For instance, my stats of Strength and Constitution were both 13. With the bonus added on, they become 19 & then the racial bonus, Which I think is +1, makes them 20.

Reason why, I asked if they are allowed to go that high. This was my original interpretation of your rule.

Also, why do we bother with Tertiary, if there is no bonus for that one?

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#17 Post by Ahlmzhad »

That's the way it works. It's a bit different but it does work.

I guess we use the three categories because they had two in the original in the PHB: Primary +6/Secondary 0, and it just carried over.

Olorin Crebain
Squire
Squire

#18 Post by Olorin Crebain »

Okay, I think of Multiclassing Barbarian with Monk. Even if that's allowed, would that be too weird?

Ahlmzhad
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#19 Post by Ahlmzhad »

Olorin Crebain wrote:Okay, I think of Multiclassing Barbarian with Monk. Even if that's allowed, would that be too weird?
It's not too weird, I'd just prefer the back story to be a barbarian that became a monk, although I guess you could have a monk that got in with the barbarians and went native so to speak. If you can write it up where it sounds like a story and not a game mechanic choice. Also a bit tougher as I'd need to understand where you were a barbarian, and a bit about your monkish order. In Aihrde there are a lot of areas where barbarians are probably at, they don't really play a role in the lands inside the Cradle of Civilization. If you need help placing that I'm willing. Same with the Monk, I'm not looking for a detailed down to the initiation rites, but a basic why they were formed and what they do that is in line with the history of Aihrde. Again happy to help, but I do like a story that makes sense.

Olorin Crebain
Squire
Squire

#20 Post by Olorin Crebain »

The question.....is Barbarism a instinct rather than something that can be taught. Something that develops all by it self from living out in the wilds?

Return to “Looking for players or games”