The Dwarrodelf Tavern and Inn

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: The Dwarrodelf Tavern and Inn

#41 Post by Stirling »

Foxy O'Hare

Returns to the tavern, parched and wearied from presenting Sir Ludwig and exchanging dire affronts with the king. "Tocen, Brielle. We must leave, make preparations quickly. Saddle the horses, we ride west within the hour. "She gives some commands to her henchmen and turns to the various patrons of the tavern, some of whom have prompted her regarding her quest.

"Arlen of Eruanna, if Brother Mylo wishes you to accompany me then so be it. I have a spare mount for we ride fast and light. I presume you have all you need?"

Miss Roybarb, scrolls and scripts await in the ruins of the Monoc's not in the library of Drunil. I have heard this Hagaseth has residence among the dwarves of Idmi d'dum and apprenticed you to learn more of the history of this land. While he slept many threats awoken, knowledge of these would prove valuable for his studies.

Neegan of the Orb-quest. You have tasted first hand of the threats to this land. Fiends and devils fighting for domination and to revenge their defeat of Zhint during Jarkul's siege. Your king needs counsel and my tongue and temper seem dwarf forged, not meant for diplomacy and honeyed words. Perhaps a noble hero like yourself can testify of what he sees and hears without provocation and ignorance. The king will listen you. Come with your squire and your best axe."

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#42 Post by Leitz »

Arlen nodded to his trussed up pack. "I don't have much, but what I can afford travels light."

He sighed, made sure the dwarven meal was taken care of quickly, and then shouldered his pack. A quick wipe of the chin and last gulp of the beer, and he was off.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by Zhym »

Pendleton Kettleworth arrives in the Darrowdwelf Tavern under the mountain as Foxy is gathering her party. He is dressed for long, cold-weather travel.

"I have reconsidered," he says. "The potential scholarly rewards of an encounter with the Mages of Monoc are not insubstantial. The risks are also significant." Pendleton gives Foxy a bemused look as he reflects that the expedition's leader is perhaps the greatest of those risks. "But I cannot, while professing to seek knowledge, ignore the opportunity to gain that knowledge first-hand."

"I only ask that you be willing to study these mages before attacking. The Mages of Monoc are not reputed to be evil. That they might be involved in child sacrifice is...strange. I do not doubt that you have seen or been told, but situations are often more complex than is evident from outside observation. You may have been lied to, for example. Perhaps the actions you saw were undertaken by a few rogue individuals. Or maybe the Mages of Monoc worship Gwanwyn, whose followers are known to sacrifices lives for other lives, and yet are considered by many not to be evil. It would be wise to withhold action until one is sure of the facts. I can help uncover those facts, if you will allow me the chance."

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#44 Post by Stirling »

Foxy O'Hare

"The wisdom of one of the University founders is always to be welcomed. We should strike a fine balance. People die through ignorance and lack of knowledge also.

Enoch
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#45 Post by Enoch »

A dwarf further down the bar wipes ale from his moustache and calls out. "If you'll have me, I'll join you as well.
The king means well, but...well, he's young, and caution's no bad thing. Maybe these mages are no threat to us, but maybe you're right. Anyway, I swore an oath, so I figure I should at least see if they're really a threat.

"If you'll have me."
Shadrach, Demon-Hunter - Dust to Dust

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#46 Post by Dram »

Keegan- Slams gulps the last contents of his mug. I have no squire. But my axe is yours. I will give counsel to the king. The undead seem to be taking a hold on these lands. I have even beards rumors of werewolves.
Last edited by Dram on Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#47 Post by Marullus »

17 October 2021

Early on the next morning, those inspired by Foxy rise early, eat a full breakfast, and depart westward...

Continued in the expedition.

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#48 Post by Karaunios »

A young but old-looking thin tall blond man enters the tavern. He looks around with a stern look. His thin lips pressed as if he didn't want even a bit of air to enter his mouth. He approaches the bar: "Innkeeper, a mug of your best ale and a bowl of stew with a loaf of bread. Rye, if possible. I'll sit at that table over there." He points at any untaken table and will sit down, perusing through a leatherbound old tome, but being really careful that nothing nor anyone will stain it.

Faanku
Ranger
Ranger

#49 Post by Faanku »

Some time later a disfigured woman enters the quiet tavern, her heavy, battle-worn armour and large steel shield both bearing the faded symbol of the Goddess Freydis. Approaching the bar, she addresses the inn-keep in a soft, polite tone in stark contrast to her aggressive appearance. "Mother's blessing to you, friend. I heard word of a call to arms, and have arrived to pledge my shield in service to the realm." After confirming King Drunil's decree and securing a room for the evening, the woman finds a table away from the crowds, unwilling to allow her grisly appearance to inconvenience others.

Enoch
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#50 Post by Enoch »

The innkeeper nods and draws a flagon of ale from a cask against the wall, setting it on a small tray with a dark loaf. He sends a young dwarf scurrying over to the tall blond man's table.

Enoch
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#51 Post by Enoch »

Gluin nods to the disfigured woman. "You look like someone who understand that the gods help those who help themselves. I'm sure the king could make use of your service."

A few minutes after the woman seats herself, a loud rapping at the doorway silences the crowd, and the attention turns to the Wordbearer standing there. He announces in a loud voice: "King Drunil requests that all doughty souls with a sense of discretion--and no current obligations--attend him in his throne room immediately."

Faanku
Ranger
Ranger

#52 Post by Faanku »

With a courteous nod to the inn-keep, Thea gathers her modest possessions and makes her way towards the throneroom.

Karaunios
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#53 Post by Karaunios »

Xathor puts his spellbook in his backpack as soon as the waiter brings him his meal. He starts eating it with complete calm, ups his head gaze towards the door when the Wordbearer makes his announcement and then keeps on eating at an almost imperceptible faster pace. Once he's done, he goes to the Throneroom.

sirravd

#54 Post by sirravd »

The dwarven warrior Grimble Gromble, quite drunk already, staggers into the tavern. "What's this I've heard about the Dwarf King!" he cries. "He needs some aid, is it? Well, Grimble is..." he trails off, then sits down on the floor, semi-conscious with ale.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#55 Post by Marullus »

I spoke to Enoch - he got swamped by the holidays but hopes to be back soon. I set up an Expedition thread once the throne room intro is done.
Red Erik/Aid to the Dwarf King

I have the following PCs listed. Did I miss anyone?

• Red Erik (Dwarf, player Spearmint)
  • Charles Fawkes (Cleric, player Bluehorse)
  • Hedge (Thief, player Golem)
  • Orodhaer Echelebion (Elf, player Zhym)
  • Xathor (Magic User, player Baldorar)

sirravd

#56 Post by sirravd »

Yes, Grimble Gromble.

Faanku
Ranger
Ranger

#57 Post by Faanku »

Marullus wrote:I have the following PCs listed. Did I miss anyone?
Thea.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#58 Post by Marullus »

Thanks! Fixed.

Return to “(IC) Settlement - Halls of the Dwarven-King”