Wrapping up

Leitz
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Wrapping up

#1 Post by Leitz »

Hey all, for my own mental balance I'm going to ask the admins to either remove or archive this game. I appreciate your support, but lively things came at a bad time for me, and I need to step away.

Thank you for trusting me with your character's stories. The characters were set to save the current system government while somehow keeping a barely space worthy ship across the line. The end result would have been pretty heroic.

What was actually going on. The "detour" around the debris was a comm relay data dump and retrieval of new orders, from the out of system cartel working to overthrow BIrach's new government. The Too Hexed was being used as a Command and Control Relay.

While the Birach Second War of Independence put a democratic, and healthy political system in place, the planet suffered from crushing debt and decades of genocidal mismanagement by "The General" and his infamous Grey Coats. The planet was heading towards a better state, but that meant criminal organizations, pirates, and political actors who had benefited from Birach's misery were being displaced. Many were still actively trying to destroy the new government, and the Too Hexed was a pawn in their machinations.

Captain Gilmore (Gambling-1) lost a bet, and had to leave Birach. She talked a friend into letting her run the Too Hexed, and she was doing her best to learn to be a good captain. However, the First and Second shifts were being bribed to perform seditious activities against the Birach government.

Force Commander Quincy Cochran actually is a Marine Commando, dishonorably kicked out of Prince Allesandro's Jump Lights for Conduct Unbecoming an Officer. He was an O-1 but had political connections. His leadership skills were as poor as his Marine skills.

Chief, Lutu "Lucky" Domici, is a highly skilled engineer. While his formal education is lacking, his brilliant understanding of how ships work led him to convert the hundreds of pages Star Confederation Navy Manual "How to survive a catastrophic ship destruction" to a page and a half check list and training guide. He is credited with saving hundreds of spacer's lives, including his own. Chief is the only person known to have five "black stripes", a naval "award" for surviving the catastrophic destruction of the ship one is aboard. He earned a sixth, unofficially, after the Navy.

As good as Chief is, he couldn't save his daughter from a pirate attack. Charleen "Charlie" Turpin was too much like Chief's lost daughter, whenever she tried to do stuff for him, he retreated into a bottle.

Tiberius got the job of training the new recruit, Eno Habbut. In an upcoming scene, Birach Marines were going to request a training raid on the Too Hexed. Tiberius would get to meet an old buddy, who would quietly let T know there was danger, and to yell if they needed real help.

Seiji Kimiyama was going to have lots of opportunities to figure things out, and return home a hero.

Lawrence was due for a few tests, and would indirectly save his family and friends from destruction by the evil threatening the new government. He may have also helped Chief pass his own test.

Birach NAVINT couldn't use their own agents to infiltrate the criminal operation, but got the loan of a trained assassin (Parah Hash/Tara Bass) to pose a new crew member. Her less skilled support (Eno Habbut/Marcellino Abbot) was there as backup. Of course, Tara couldn't stand Marcellino since he embodied the idea that she needed backup. Marcellino was love struck, which just made Tara want to kill him first.

Leslie Philips would, of course, be the toast of the town once the Too Hexed saved the day. He would also later get offered a role in a soon to be popular video series, "Joaqim Domici: Red Pirate in Black Space". An action adventure show started by Birach NAVINT to help citizens understand that their really were credible threats in deep space. The stars of the show were Marcellino and Tara Abbot.

In the end, the characters would wind up heroes for the war they prevented.

atpollard
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: Wrapping up

#2 Post by atpollard »

Been in that place ... retreat, regroup and return rested and ready to reengage on another front.
"welcoming humbly His light and proudly His darkness" - e.e. cummings

Stirling
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Wrapping up

#3 Post by Stirling »

Okay. I will archive Tiberius again to the frozen cryogenics of the deep space dice roller.

Return to “Lucky's Number Seven (CT/CE/MgT(1st))”