#21 Post by rossik »

added the AC

tpj
Tracker
Tracker

Re: Character Creation Thread

#22 Post by tpj »

Koren n'Rhys wrote: Was hidden in a spoiler box - here you go:
Looks good. You can post it to the Finished Characters thread.

polyhedral
Runner
Runner

#23 Post by polyhedral »

tpj wrote:You can just reassign them in the proper order: STR INT WIS DEX CON CHA

So you'd be looking at STR:7, INT:12, WIS:10, DEX:5, CON:13, CHA:8
Derp. Thanks.

rossik
Ranger
Ranger

#24 Post by rossik »

im ok to go?

tpj
Tracker
Tracker

#25 Post by tpj »

rossik wrote:im ok to go?
Yes. Go ahead and post your sheet in Finished Characters.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by Urson »

I haven't vanished yet! I've been easily distracted in the last few days, but I'm going to get my character hashed out- probably tomorrow.
FA FO

polyhedral
Runner
Runner

#27 Post by polyhedral »

Savendra the cleric!

Modifications: INT-2 WIS+1
GP: 3d6*10 = 90 (spent 70gp on equipment)
HP: [1d6] = 6
(Original HP rolls: [1d6] = 2
[1d6] = 1 :mrgreen: )

I don't quite have my AC stuff nailed down yet while I figure out how to translate to AAC.

tpj
Tracker
Tracker

#28 Post by tpj »

Looks good so far.

For Ascending Armor Class, base unarmored is 10, as opposed to 9 for Descending Armor Class.

Ascending AC (Optional Rule) I’ll add this to the House Rules section as well

Some groups are more familiar with an Armour Class system where higher scores are better. This system is known as Ascending Armour Class (abbreviated AAC) and works as follows:

▶ Armour Class: When using AAC, higher scores are better. Bonuses to Armour Class increase the AAC score and penalties decrease it.

▶ Attack rolls: Instead of referring to an attack matrix, attack rolls involve the use of an attack bonus which is added to the d20 attack roll.

▶ AAC scores: AC scores for monsters and equipment are followed by the equivalent AAC in square brackets.

▶ Attack bonuses: THAC0 scores for monsters and classes are followed by the equivalent attack bonus in square brackets.

Note: Using Ascending Armour Class results in very slightly different attack probabilities than when using the traditional approach of descending AC with an attack matrix.

Combat with Ascending Armour Class (Optional Rule)

Groups using the optional rule for Ascending AC should use the following attack procedure instead.

1. Roll 1d20

2. Apply modifiers: STR for melee; DEX, range, cover for missile attacks.

3. Determine hit AC: Add the character’s attack bonus to the attack roll. The result is the ascending AC score the attack hits.

4. Result: If the hit AAC is equal to or higher than the opponent’s AAC, the attack hits. Referee rolls for damage.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by Urson »

Starting wealth: [3d6] = 12 120gp.

HP: [1d4] = 2

I didn't make any adjustments on his stat rolls.
FA FO

polyhedral
Runner
Runner

#30 Post by polyhedral »

tpj wrote:▶ AAC scores: AC scores for monsters and equipment are followed by the equivalent AAC in square brackets.
Thank you. I was 90% sure that was the case, but I kept missing it in the rules somehow. (In fact, I *just* found it when I went back to look up the AAC values... sigh.)

I think my sheet is now complete. One last note: I calculated "rear" AC as the thief's +4 bonus to hit against my shield-less AC. If I've overlooked something else obvious, I'm happy to fix.

Thank you!

tpj
Tracker
Tracker

#31 Post by tpj »

Urson: once you've got your AC added and your equipment listed, you can move your sheet to the Finished Characters thread.

polyhedral: yours looks good. Go ahead and post to Finished Characters.

Is anyone else left still working on their characters? I'll have an in-game thread up later this weekend or Monday at the latest so we can get started.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#32 Post by Urson »

OK-thanks. I had other things demanding my time- damn Real Life! I'll take care of it ASAP.
FA FO

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by Urson »

Finished and ready.
FA FO

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#34 Post by ybn1197 »

tpj wrote:Urson: once you've got your AC added and your equipment listed, you can move your sheet to the Finished Characters thread.

polyhedral: yours looks good. Go ahead and post to Finished Characters.

Is anyone else left still working on their characters? I'll have an in-game thread up later this weekend or Monday at the latest so we can get started.
Still working on mine. Hope to have it done by lunch today. Real-life has been demanding more of my free time at work as we are having the back yard converted from a wood patio/deck to a concrete patio. 1250 square feet circling an in-ground pool. Trying to coordinate the demolition of the deck (myself and my daughter's boyfriend are doing that), the removal of all that wood, the removal of a large Georgia pear tree and the grinding of the stump, and then the actual framing of the patio and the pouring of the concrete. Probably wouldn't be so pressed to get it done if it weren't for the fact that we are now entering fall and we have the leaves to contend with.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by ybn1197 »

Return to “Dolmenwood Halloween Adventure (BX - Old-School Essentials)”