Come on Pulp - you can do it!! :)

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Re: OOC

#83 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Hey, thanks again for playing rav!

I think I did mention that Ondrake might make the biggest target. :lol:

He had a pretty good run there until the extra strength fireball. :?

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#84 Post by ravenn4544 »

Was fun :)

He actually would have survived that fireball by 1hp if he remembered his amulet earlier on :). Then he would have taken the castle for sure :).

Maybe.

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#85 Post by Pulpatoon »

What a game! That was a lot of fun!

I'm so glad I got to pull a tiger out of the bag before the end.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#86 Post by OGRE MAGE »

ME TOO! :lol:

Great sign off for Thamansa as well. :mrgreen:

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#87 Post by Scott308 »

It was fun. I will admit, Kermut was going to do anything he could to avoid dying. Obviously, that didn't work, but if I could have gotten just one decent roll and killed the guy at the top of the tower, he was going to stay invisible and head to the rendezvous point and wait. He had some treasure, and really wasn't concerned with their purpose for being at the keep.

Since much if what he did took place in the private forum due to his Invisibility, I'll give you a quick synopsis. He went through a trap door to the roof of one of the towers, using his Neckband of Disguise to look like he was another guard. He tried to surprise the guard by lifting him and throwing him over the wall to his death...but rolled a 2 and failed. Since the guard knew something was up and shot Kermut with a crossbow, he turned invisible and tried to fake like he was going back down the trapdoor. Despite being invisible, he still got shot, bringing him to 1 hp. The guard fell for his ruse, aiming down through the trapdoor hoping to shoot the gnoll, who was still on the roof, invisible. Taking advantage of an enemy who had no idea the gnoll was still there, Kermut attacked. And rolled a 3. Again, turns invisible and attacks, this time rolling a 19, but the guard attacked first while he was still visible, killing him. Two attacks on an unsuspecting victim while invisible, and the best he could manage was a three. :(

Obviously, that was a potion of ESP that he broke and licked out of the chest, but what were these?
Ogre Mage wrote:Inside, wrapped up in a cloth, he finds 48 small rectangular pieces of thick paper with varying numbers and shapes on them.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#88 Post by Urson »

Bravo! Well played, everyone!
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#89 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Scott308 wrote:Obviously, that was a potion of ESP that he broke and licked out of the chest, but what were these?
Ogre Mage wrote:Inside, wrapped up in a cloth, he finds 48 small rectangular pieces of thick paper with varying numbers and shapes on them.
Monsters must not play card games...... :mrgreen:

A potion of ESP and a deck of playing cards. Sounds like a good combination to make a few extra coins from the other guards once in a while. :D

Pulpatoon
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#90 Post by Pulpatoon »

Nice detail!

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#91 Post by ravenn4544 »

Good adventure. Definitely would be awesome to play this one with miniatures and that model castle!

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#92 Post by Rex »

That would be very cool for sure.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#93 Post by Scott308 »

OGRE MAGE wrote:
Scott308 wrote:Obviously, that was a potion of ESP that he broke and licked out of the chest, but what were these?
Monsters must not play card games...... :mrgreen:

A potion of ESP and a deck of playing cards. Sounds like a good combination to make a few extra coins from the other guards once in a while. :D
I don't know about the Forgotten Realms, but in this setting, card decks have 52 cards. :D
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#94 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Well, in this game, they have 48. :mrgreen:

Ok, I am going to request that this one be stored back in the can.

Thanks again, everyone! :D

Return to “Revenge on the Borderlands Keep (1E)”