Session 5: Oakhurst to Blasingdell

DM: Dave
dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: Session 5: Oakhurst to Blasingdell

#21 Post by dmw71 »

Questioning Sarel
The morning hours bring a bit more business into the Griffon’s Nest inn and tavern, and, Kerowyn proves true to her word in that the local clientele, while still mostly human, contains a mixture of races, including a firbolg couple. Both Klilxuac and Sky, in their respective dragonborn and tabaxi forms, garner no unwarranted attention, or at least not made a spectacle of.

Between fulfilling orders for other customers, Sarel considers Klilxuac's query. Leaning in, the half-elf whispers to the sorcerer:
"A close friend, who's identity I swore to keep secret, discovered the unconscious stranger -- Kerowyn did show you the blade, right?" she asks.

After Klilxuac nods his affirmation (here), she continues. "Well, the body was discovered near the Stone Tooth..."
Sarel returns to an upright position and speaks in her normal volume. "Well, if you're looking for something to do, I can say that there've been orc raiding parties that have been pillaging the farmsteads just north of town. Apparently, some guards captured an orc warrior left for dead by its comrades and brought it back for questioning. Under the influence of a charm person spell, the orc prisoner divulged the location of the monsters’ lair -- a lonely hill called the Stone Tooth. Many will be relieved if that problem were dealt with; including, I hear, Sir Miles Berrick. The mayor."

"I'm sorry, I don't know anymore more than that."
she finishes, shrugging her shoulders and slightly tilting her head to the side, before returning to work.

---

Feel free to ask any other questions you may have. Otherwise, we'll continue here.

---

Date: 16 Flamerule 1489
Time: 6:47 (Sunrise: 05:59, Sunset: 20:09)
Temp: 58°F
Conditions: Cool.
Light Sources:
  • None.
Known Conditions/Spells in Effect:
  • None.
Character Status
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Shaede
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#22 Post by Shaede »

The halfling slept wonderfully in the accommodations provided. The next morning, he rose, and stretched his small body as far as he could reach. He just felt that today was going to be a good day. He grabbed his gear and went to see what was for breakfast, his stomach grumbling, as it tends to do quite often. While he ate, he watched the others and their typical comings and goings. Being a bit of nature lover himself, he was especially interested in the firbolg couple. He had not seen the giant-kind before, though he had definitely heard about their affinity to the natural world.

With a mouthful of bread, he approached them. He decided to speak in the druidic language just in case they happened to be of the same kind as he. Hail there, friends. My name is Rickwrick. How might you be today? He craned his neck upwards to attempt to look at the firbolg in their eyes and extended his very small hand.

My new friends and I are new to town, just last night, in fact! Seems we are heading out to the wilderness today, and I was wondering if two kind people, such as yourselves, might be willing to offer a few pointers about the surrounding area.

He looked at the pair with wide eyes and a big grin.
He'll change to Silent Speech, telepathy, if they don't understand druidic.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#23 Post by dmw71 »

It's almost comical to anyone watching Rickwick amble up to the firbolg's table as the halfling's size is quite literally dwarfed by the giant forms he's approaching. The pair of firbolg's -- one male, one female -- each approaching 8 feet tall, are actually forced to sit around the table, as their lower half won't fit beneath the table surface. They're used to it.

The pair seem to be enjoying a plate of a leafy greens, mixed with some nuts and berries, as their breakfast when Rickwick approaches and speaks in a strange tongue: "Rickwrick nomen meum. Quam ut tibi hodie?" The pair interrupt their meals; moving slowly, almost methodically, they turn in the direction of the sound; lean forward, over the edge of the table; then peer down.

Standing there, they spy the voice behind the words. A tiny halfling.

They smile

The larger of the two -- presumably the male from its full brown beard matching the short, spiky hair on its head -- replies: "Timentes." he says flatly, in a calm tone. "Tharivol mihi," he continues, pointing to himself; then points to his companion, seated across the table. "et Drusilia."

Rickwick continues to rattle of a stream of words spoken in this strange tongue, which the male firbolg nods along with as he listens, then replies: "Et separavi de tribus amissa," he says, pausing to look over at his companion. "Non a circuitu non puto hie sumus ..." he says, sighing.

"Nos paenitet, non auxilium."

Then.

"Nos ergo manducare. Latere vocat."

---

Shaede, you'll be able to find the translations in your private forum.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#24 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Kelben listens and watches the exchanges and just quietly waits not wanting to drudge up anymore bad history or memories.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Shaede
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#25 Post by Shaede »

A sad look covered Rickwrick's face as the male firbold spoke to him. He understood exactly what they were feeling and sympathized with their position.

Nice vobis occurrere, Tharivol et Drusilla. Ego sum tristis, quod non potest esse, cum populum tuum. Et egressi sunt, et mox, et si forte ullum, quod assimiletur tribe, mittam verbum. Frui prandium. he replied and then he left the pair. He joined the others, and said greeted them warmly.

Well, I hope you all had a good rest. Let's see if we can get some blades this day!

Return to “Tales From the Yawning Portal (5e)”