Time zone error

If you need support for dice roller or the forums, post here.
Yrkoon
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Time zone error

#1 Post by Yrkoon »

Dear Unseen Servant admin,

I am a new member who resides in the Japan (UTC +9) time zone. I have set my profile time zone thusly, yet the time displayed on Unseeen Servant ("It is currently Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:28 pm) at the top right of my page is not correct. It is in fact 2:28 pm here at the time I type this. There is no daylight savings in Japan, so this error would not self-correct at some later point in the year.

Regards,
Yrkoon

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Time zone error

#2 Post by Zhym »

The board software sets DST on or off manually. Did you turn off “Summer Time/DST is in effect?” It’s under “User Control Panel” > “Board Preferences” > “Edit global settings.”

I tried setting my time zone to UTC+9 and turning off DST and I get the correct current time in Japan (8:08 pm).

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by rredmond »

Pretty sure it's what Zhym is saying. Can you go to User Control Panel and ensure that in Board preferences, Global settings, that DST is set to off?
If that isn't it then just let us know. Thanks!
--Ron--

PS: Before I get the jibes about having no friends, EVERYONE at Unseen Servant is my friend! Except for you... you know who you are. ;)
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#4 Post by dmw71 »

rredmond wrote:PS: Before I get the jibes about having no friends, EVERYONE at Unseen Servant is my friend! Except for you... you know who you are. ;)
Way to call me out, Ron.

Thanks a lot. ;)
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Return to “Help and Support”