ZM Campaign Questions

Antman9
Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: ZM Campaign Questions

#21 Post by Antman9 »

I know how you guys feel. I grew up in a tiny town, pop. 500. But have lived in a few large cities like St. Louis, MO and Jacksonville, FL, and smaller cities from 1,200 up through 100,000. I honestly prefer the peacefulness of the smaller cities, but enjoy the luxuries of the larger ones.

So, I gave it some additional thought, and I think starting in St. Louis is a good fit, but only because I know this area well, and that will lend itself to assisting everyone in choosing a location for their homes and family, and understanding resource availability and Outbreak logistics without having to do a ton of research. I like a couple of cities in the list better, but don't know them as well. Also, St. Louis is spread out enough that we can plop you in different places and that will add to the survival scenario.

Any "Nays" on starting in St. Louis???
DM - Dragons Belch: A New Beginning (Custom D&D)
DM - Ying Huo Chóng – The Way of Things (Cortex Plus - Firefly)

Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#22 Post by Antman9 »

QUESTION 3: Family/Friends/Etc.

Is anyone interested in having their family/friends/other be present in the game (not as in they play a character, but as in you the player would manage them as resources to be protected/managed/etc.)?

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by wolfpack »

Yeah I was born and raised in a town of 10k and now live in a village of 3k.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by wolfpack »

I am fine with st louis. never been there but I am sure there are smaller communities on the outskirts of the city where people commute from.

As for families I say nay. If my family is in the scenario then it becomes more of a single player game for me because the group goes out the window where my family is involved.

I would prefer an alternate timeline with no family.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#25 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I would be cool with any starting scenario. (currently live 30 miles from Green Bay) As you will see in my bio, (still working on that) I used to be a bit of a drifter in my younger days, so I have been to STL a few times, though that was a long time ago now. That works for me.

I don't really have much for family, (don't tell my wife I said that) so that aspect doesn't matter as much to me.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#26 Post by Rex »

I am fine with St. Louis. It gets a lot more complicated with family/friends so also vote for alternative timeline with none. My family alone could form a full size army company.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by Rex »

I have a Brother who lives in Winneconne not to far from Green Bay so am most familiar with that area on the list but location doesn't really matter.

Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#28 Post by Antman9 »

Thanks for the replies/input so far. Yes, agreed, family would complicate things. I think if it was a tabletop game it might work OK. Still not sure though. The rule book had a section talking about it so I thought I would throw it out there. My personal preference would be to leave that aspect out for this game. But always open to options for the players.

That's (3) votes so far for any/St. Louis is fine

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#29 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Rex wrote:I have a Brother who lives in Winneconne not to far from Green Bay so am most familiar with that area on the list but location doesn't really matter.
Cool! We are only about 20 miles from Winneconne. I've fished Poygan many times. :mrgreen:

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Ole’ St. Louie is good with me.
I, too, would prefer to keep close family out of this. I'm ok with extended family. (They know what they did) :lol: I do anticipate having NPC's be used as surrogate families and friends.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#31 Post by Scott308 »

Another vote for "St. Louis is ok" and no immediate family involvement.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Antman9
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#32 Post by Antman9 »

I'd say STL is a go then. I have a few good ideas already. This should be fun. Made it back from the cellular dead zone finally. I tried getting on a few times but it was painfully slow to connect then would drop 10 seconds later, so I gave up.

Working on finalizing the the character sheet now, and a few other things. I'll be addressing a few things tonight and tomorrow during the day as time allows. I was not able to get the first thread up last week. But will defy have it up by Thurs afternoon at the latest.

Return to “HeliXSwitch Initiative (Outbreak: Undead 2E)”