OOC and Q&A

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: OOC and Q&A

#241 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I'm all for venturing onward. Sheamus is more a man of action than words as I tried to portray more than once he's not a man of planning and thinking out complex plans more a hands on head first chop with my axe ask questions later type. Sure he did some talking with the hermit and miners just sort of basic curiosity questions. I like the setting and am alright with my character. Just lost with my "henchman" I just kind of treat him as in the background doesn't say much or do much unless "his master" needs it or asks for it. So like Alfred the butler to Batman just much more the keep to himself silent guy.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#242 Post by Rex »

I will think a bit on this. I don't have anything planned so it would be more sand boxy. I would most likely ditch the henchman if we continue, maybe they could be staying in Olokand at Rodbert's place. I could also try recruiting a couple more players.

VonAlric
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#243 Post by VonAlric »

What? I wouldn't be able to boss Earnest around anymore? That's a downer. ;)
It's hard to explain puns to kleptomaniacs because they always take things literally.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#244 Post by Rex »

I went with having henchmen primarily due to the fact that every time I run this adventure someone (or many someones) gets killed. Played intelligently the Nolah is a nasty foe.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#245 Post by Rex »

Been a crazy week at work so haven't had the time to look some stuff I want to up. I will hopefully this weekend and can get back to everyone soon.

VonAlric
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#246 Post by VonAlric »

Don't we have to return to the big city to report on things and get our money?
It's hard to explain puns to kleptomaniacs because they always take things literally.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#247 Post by Rex »

You do.

VonAlric
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#248 Post by VonAlric »

So, plan?

We need to go back to finish the job. So, where to go after that? I see three avenues.

1) Come back and explore the mine some more. Not sure how much more we can get out of there. If anything, trying to get some waterproof way to get the other book and fragile stuff out is key. Also, we never did turn right and explore that way. Not sure if we could convince the miners to assist us in locating the original doorway and clearing away the debris. One thing to note, the metal ingots in there may make it worthwhile to them.

2) Go run off to the dwarves and see about the sword and book. Actually, see if some dwarf in Olokand can help us out first then run off to the dwarves. Let's note that we were heading towards winter weather as we started this adventure.

3) See what else is in Olokand to get in trouble with.

Also, somewhere in there, make sure our report isn't very glowing about certain people. Granted, Rodbert wouldn't be the one to make the report but he certainly would let his mind be know while someone gave one.

As for the followers, unless one wishes, just treat them as a sidekick that you give a general order to and let them go from there. No need to get rid of the extra bodies of protection, ya know?

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#249 Post by Rex »

Winter weather is not far off and the dwarven kingdom of Azadmere will be near impossible to reach until the Silver Way clears again in the spring. It is such a difficult route that in the caravan season they can't use wagons to get there just mules and hand carts.

alver
Ranger
Ranger

#250 Post by alver »

So we're continuing in full gear now? Cool.

I think option 2) is most interesting. But we shouldn't fully loot the mine before going to talk to the dwarves. They may get upset about that.

So, I'd say look around Olokand. Talk to miners, collect our payment. Learn something about the dwarves and the dwarven artefacts that we have.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#251 Post by Rex »

Hi guys, sort of been crazy recently and barely keeping up with the games I am in. I will try to get an update up by the weekend and a recruit thread up as well.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#252 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I know how that is Rex it's cool.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#253 Post by Rex »

Hi All,
I haven't had any time to put something together like I want to so I am going to back shelve this for now. If I get the time to DM a game in the future (hopefully not to distant) I will revive this game. One adventure down, perhaps another in the future. You have all been great and I appreciate you giving the game a go. I will give it a couple of days and then will request the Admins archive the game for now.
Thanks for playing,
Rex

alver
Ranger
Ranger

#254 Post by alver »

Thanks for running the game Rex!

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#255 Post by Rex »

Your welcome everyone and thanks for playing! Everyone has replied now either here or by PM so I will request to archive.

Return to “HarnWorld Campaign (BlueHolme)”