[007] Lady Alicia's Yacht - The Kiara Surabi

ffilz
lenusmars
Guide
Guide

Re: [007] Lady Alicia's Yacht - The Kiara Surabi

#161 Post by lenusmars »

Sara will try to discretely inquire with the scout service.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#162 Post by shaidar »

Harper finishes the last few bites of breakfast and washes them down with coffee. She puts the information on the ruins carefully to the side and looks at those gathered around the table.

"I've got a pistol in my room, I'll bring it along. I'm not an expert with it like you lot, but I know which end to point at the bad guy. So how big is the launch? I'd like to come along if there's room"

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#163 Post by joertexas »

shaidar wrote:"I've got a pistol in my room, I'll bring it along. I'm not an expert with it like you lot, but I know which end to point at the bad guy. So how big is the launch? I'd like to come along if there's room"
(Subject to GM approval) A 20dt launch can be configured for 6 to 20 passengers, plus 2 crew. https://woolshedwargamer.files.wordpres ... launch.jpg The pic file is mislabled as 10dt.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#164 Post by ffilz »

joertexas wrote:
shaidar wrote:"I've got a pistol in my room, I'll bring it along. I'm not an expert with it like you lot, but I know which end to point at the bad guy. So how big is the launch? I'd like to come along if there's room"
(Subject to GM approval) A 20dt launch can be configured for 6 to 20 passengers, plus 2 crew. https://woolshedwargamer.files.wordpres ... launch.jpg The pic file is mislabled as 10dt.
The launch is 8 seats (2 crew plus 6 passengers) and 10 tons cargo.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#165 Post by joertexas »

ffilz wrote:The launch is 8 seats (2 crew plus 6 passengers) and 10 tons cargo.
Does the cargo door roll up like a garage door, or swing outward into the breeze?
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#166 Post by Tiglath »

joertexas wrote:"As long as I arrive safely, then my passengers do, as well." Vee says with a lurking smile. "I'll make sure the launch is ready to go."
Foix smiles and replies "Although I trained to jump out of perfectly serviceable aircraft I have to state that I'm equally happy to simply step off them on arrival too".
Foix replies "It will be a pleasure to have you join us Lady Harper and I believe you are wise to come armed".
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#167 Post by ffilz »

joertexas wrote:
ffilz wrote:The launch is 8 seats (2 crew plus 6 passengers) and 10 tons cargo.
Does the cargo door roll up like a garage door, or swing outward into the breeze?
Roll up or something like that. You can transfer cargo between the Launch and the cargo bays in the ship. It could also slide.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#168 Post by joertexas »

ffilz wrote:Roll up or something like that. You can transfer cargo between the Launch and the cargo bays in the ship. It could also slide.
I'm concerned about "Vdo - max speed with cargo door open". I'd hate to rip it off...
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#169 Post by joertexas »

Tiglath wrote:Foix smiles and replies "Although I trained to jump out of perfectly serviceable aircraft I have to state that I'm equally happy to simply step off them on arrival too".
"I hope we can avoid anyone having to jump out," Vee replies with a matching smile.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#170 Post by ffilz »

joertexas wrote:
ffilz wrote:Roll up or something like that. You can transfer cargo between the Launch and the cargo bays in the ship. It could also slide.
I'm concerned about "Vdo - max speed with cargo door open". I'd hate to rip it off...
Yep no worries about that, though there may be other problems with max speed with the cargo door open (of course Classic Traveller really doesn't have anything to say about atmospheric operations of ships...).

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#171 Post by shaidar »

so, does the yacht have any portable scientific equipment? For measuring stuff like radiation, energy sources, analysing samples, that kind of thing?

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#172 Post by ffilz »

shaidar wrote:so, does the yacht have any portable scientific equipment? For measuring stuff like radiation, energy sources, analysing samples, that kind of thing?
Geiger counter for sure, probably some other stuff.

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#173 Post by Ramona »

ffilz wrote:
shaidar wrote:so, does the yacht have any portable scientific equipment? For measuring stuff like radiation, energy sources, analysing samples, that kind of thing?
Geiger counter for sure, probably some other stuff.
Passive sensors might covera lot of that off.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#174 Post by Tiglath »

Foix smiles warmly as he replies "Then, my Lady, you are owed both the gratitude of the Domain of Foix and the sincere appreciation of the Comte".

OOC: I believe we're waiting on the result of a supplementary enquiry from Foix:

[He will check both his own rusty recollection and also that of Lady Alicia and Lady Harper regarding the Foix familiy’s collective relationship with the Salazars. (Just in case some distant cousin has started a blood feud with them! :shock: ;) )

Equally he aims to pool their collective knowledge of the specific noble of House Salazar who is active on Arthiop. Specifically this bit.

He will begin to actively collect data on the Imperial Protectorate for future use as they sound like an entity that the Domain of Foix will have to deal with one way or another]. (I'm not expecting anything back on the Protectorate immediately).

and also Sara's investigations with the Scout Service regarding the temple and the lost mission as below:
lenusmars wrote:Sara will try to discretely inquire with the scout service.
Thanks in advance! :) )
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#175 Post by ffilz »

For Ship's Boat and Pilot, go with this:
ffilz wrote:I'm leaning hard towards the Ship's Boat is maneuver only piloting while Pilot covers both. And as mentioned earlier, if you get both skills, you add them together as your Pilot level.
The general consensus on the Salazar family is that they are neutral with respect to the Foix family (reaction roll 7). The Lady Alicia recalls that Sir Rafel Salazar is in charge of the holdings here. He served in the Navy for 3 terms before taking the reins of the holdings here.

Meanwhile, both Ana and Sarah seem to occasionally be drawn to the crystals from Shedezar. Studying them is fascinating and at times, they have found themselves lost in thought studying them.

Sara's discrete inquiry about the Scout team doesn't turn anything up (reaction roll 7).

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#176 Post by ffilz »

Note new thread started for the launch ride...

Return to “Wine Dark Rift (Classic Traveller)”