Part 13 - Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to town we go

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Part 13 - Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to town we go

#141 Post by greyarea »

The man Zef questioned has no response. After being asked again, he takes his drink to a different area of the tavern.

The barmaid returns. I heard y'all talking. You can stay the night here at the Hostel, of course. It's cheap and, well, cheap. The look on her face suggests you shouldn't expect to nice a place there. Dick Rentsch runs the place and he does what he can. Tell him Lodriss sent you and he'll give you a discount. Not that you boys need a discount.

Other than that, folks visiting might stay with friends or just in a stable or under a hedge. Or on their ship, most of them running though here are river-boaters.

She sets out new drinks for the table, this fare being better than what you were originally served. At least it looks that way... Seems you have a friend. Man over there paid for this.

She nods to a man at the bar who is looking intently at the table. He looks rough, with a long scar on his face.

Actions?

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#142 Post by badams30 »

Thurwin - Wizard

Thurwin glances at the scarred man, lifts his drink and nods thanks. He says quietly "Shall we say hello?" Thurwin will accompany anyone who goes over. He says quietly "Thank you for your hospitality. The name's Thurwin."

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#143 Post by connivingsumo »

badams30 wrote:Thurwin - Wizard

Thurwin glances at the scarred man, lifts his drink and nods thanks. He says quietly "Shall we say hello?" Thurwin will accompany anyone who goes over. He says quietly "Thank you for your hospitality. The name's Thurwin."
Calmert goes along with Thurwin, toting along a fresh drink since he had finished his other moments ago. "Greetings friend. May St. Cuthbert bless you and your generosity." The Gnome pauses for a moment, with a quick glance at Thurwin, then continues to engage the scarred man... "I want to respect your time, kind sir. We take it that - perhaps - we said, or asked, something of interest to you? We seek to help the good folk." Calmert then sweeps into a mild bow, "Calmert, Cleric of Cuthbert, at your service, Sir. And devoted servant to my friend Thurwin here, and our band of friends over there." he concludes, motioning to his companions at the other table.

Available Spells
Level 1:
First Level
First Level
First Level
First Level
First Level

Level 2:
Second Level
Second Level
Second Level
Second Level

Level 1: Cure Light Wounds (d6+1 hps), Detect Evil, Detect Magic, Light, Protection from Evil, Purify Food & Drink, Remove Fear, Resist Cold
Level 2: Bless (+1ToHit & Dmg, +1 morale ~ reversible), Find Traps, Hold Person, Know Alignment, Resist Fire, Silence 15', Snake Charm, Speak with Animals

kwll
Ranger
Ranger

#144 Post by kwll »

Calthas stays where he is and drinks his mug quietly, looking at his friends talk to the stranger with interest.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#145 Post by spanningtree »

Tavin - Monk

Tavin will keep an eye on his friends.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

merias
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#146 Post by merias »

greyarea wrote:The man Zef questioned has no response. After being asked again, he takes his drink to a different area of the tavern.
"Tough crowd," Zef mumbles into his ale. He watches to see what happens with the scarred man.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#147 Post by greyarea »

The man looks at the band, and then says, in a hushed whisper to Calmert, handing over to him something, I wouldn't make my association with Cuthbert as vocal as you have, if I were you. This is not an area that welcomes the good nor their servants.

You've been asking interesting questions, and ones I'm not sure I know the answers to, but I do know you won't find many friends in this place. However, if you would come with me, I might be able to introduce you to more friendly folk.

Calmert looks in his hand at what the man gave him. He recognizes it as a St Cuthbert scapular: a pretty sure sign that this man is a follower of the Saint.

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#148 Post by connivingsumo »

greyarea wrote:The man looks at the band, and then says, in a hushed whisper to Calmert, handing over to him something, I wouldn't make my association with Cuthbert as vocal as you have, if I were you. This is not an area that welcomes the good nor their servants.

You've been asking interesting questions, and ones I'm not sure I know the answers to, but I do know you won't find many friends in this place. However, if you would come with me, I might be able to introduce you to more friendly folk.

Calmert looks in his hand at what the man gave him. He recognizes it as a St Cuthbert scapular: a pretty sure sign that this man is a follower of the Saint.
Calmert quickly shoves the scapular into his pocket! His eyes wide, scrutinizing the world with renewed view, he whispers to the man, ""Let me get my companions. We can meet you out front." The Gnome then returns to his group and quietly explains what just transpired. He says he's going to meet the man out front to follow him and wonders if any of the group want to accompany him?.

Available Spells
Level 1:
First Level
First Level
First Level
First Level
First Level

Level 2:
Second Level
Second Level
Second Level
Second Level

Level 1: Cure Light Wounds (d6+1 hps), Detect Evil, Detect Magic, Light, Protection from Evil, Purify Food & Drink, Remove Fear, Resist Cold
Level 2: Bless (+1ToHit & Dmg, +1 morale ~ reversible), Find Traps, Hold Person, Know Alignment, Resist Fire, Silence 15', Snake Charm, Speak with Animals

kwll
Ranger
Ranger

#149 Post by kwll »

Not really knowing why, Calthas accepts to follow.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#150 Post by Zhym »

Odo follows along as well.

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#151 Post by badams30 »

Thurwin - Wizard

Thurwin glances about cautiously, trying to see if anyone is taking particular notice of what we're doing. He'll follow the others with a wary eye on the occupants of the establishment.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#152 Post by greyarea »

As you leave to follow the stranger--who has given no name, just a religious token, to your cleric--Thurwin looks back and sees a group of men (thugs more like it) rise from their table. They appear as if they will be leaving a bit behind you all.

The stranger meets Calmert outside. He appears to walk with a limp, although he carries no stick, and is hunched over. It has fallen dark and clouds obscure what moon might have lit the way. The stranger says, We go to see Mother Screng. Follow me.

A dog bays at the moon, if it is there at all. Others raise their voices in the call.

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#153 Post by badams30 »

Thurwin - Wizard

Thurwin follows his comrades and quietly notifies the others "We may have some uh, locals interested in our plans. We should be wary." Thurwin chuckles and says "I could probably put them to sleep or something if needed."

The hair on Thurwin's neck stands up as he hears the wolves howl, and he keeps cautiously glancing back to see if we have uninvited guests.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#154 Post by spanningtree »

Tavin - Monk

Tavin follows. He tries to recognize the one with the limp if he can, was it the same person encountered on the road in the rain?
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#155 Post by connivingsumo »

Calmert: Cleric
After hearing Thurwin's warning the Gnome looks for a defensible position (such as a choke point to avoid being flanked).

Looking to the limping man he asks, "How far away is this Mother Screng?"

Available Spells
Level 1:
First Level
First Level
First Level
First Level
First Level

Level 2:
Second Level
Second Level
Second Level
Second Level

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#156 Post by Zhym »

Odo holds his bow ready and tries to keep hidden in the shadows.

merias
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#157 Post by merias »

Zef keeps to the rear, axe ready.

kwll
Ranger
Ranger

#158 Post by kwll »

Calthas is a bit nervous, but tries not to show it.

Return to “Enter the World of Greyhawk (LL/AEC)”