Things To Know

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Things To Know

#1 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Since this will be such a short game, no doubt riddled with oddities, I don't want to post a huge list of house rules etc. We can handle any rules or SOP related issues here. I use a d6 system to handle skill checks, and that is probably the biggest difference from a BtB game we will face.

This will also be a good place to post reminders and other items that can be easily accessed for everyone. Or for posting general stuff that I have forgotten to tell you all.

Like this....... :mrgreen:

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Re: Things To Know

#2 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I almost forgot about one fairly important piece of information, communication!

Not all of you will speak the same languages fluently, which might make communication between a few of the monsters tricky at times. Instead of using alignment tongues, I am going to add something called Blackspeach, which is sort of a local goblinoid dialect spoken in an evil tongue. All of you speak at least a broken Blackspeach, so simple communication will be possible between everyone.

Please keep in mind your Intelligence score and maybe more importantly, your Charisma score as you play your characters. Even though you are a group that is setting out to accomplish a difficult task together, that doesn’t mean that everyone necessarily likes one another.

Since you will eventually figure out what each of you can speak, I will post a list of everyone’s individual languages here:

Loopis: kobold, goblin, orcish, Blackspeach
Horsefly: goblin, kobold, orcish, Blackspeach
Shozbot: orcish, goblin, hobgoblin, ogre, Blackspeach
Kermut: gnoll, orcish, troll, Blackspeach, broken common
Thamansa: bugbear, goblin, hobgoblin, Blackspeach, common
Othrod: bugbear, goblin, hobgoblin, Blackspeach, broken common
Horny Carl: minotaur, broken Blackspeach, common
Ondrake: hillgiant, broken Blackspeach

Return to “Revenge on the Borderlands Keep (1E)”