CHAPTER 8a: R&R at Hagalton II

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: CHAPTER 8a: R&R at Hagalton II

#21 Post by Urson »

Belial

Yo, brother Bird! Glad to meet you, my dude! After a handshake, Belial knuckle-walks with Denslow to pay final respects to Blixx.
FA FO

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#22 Post by shaidar »

Silvestri heads of with Denslow and Belial

"Not that I've anything against Plantient funerals, but Blixx wasn't one. Perhaps we should just bury him, his nutrients will still return to the earth"

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#23 Post by greyarea »

Denslow’s mouth drops. But does not he need to be mulched first? I’d hate to just leave him like a log in the Forest for fungus to grow on.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#24 Post by Zhym »

"You mean you can't just repurpose his parts to repair others?" marvels Kurot the android. "That seems terribly inefficient."

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by shaidar »

"Unfortunately Kurot, we don't work that way. Non-plantient people usually just dig a whole in the ground and put the body in and cover it up, usually in a special place reserved for such things. Some communities burn their dead"

ooc: does the town have a cemetery? I guess Silvestri's family would be buried there.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#26 Post by greyarea »

Interesting, Kurot. We don't usually graft those that pass, but it could work, says the plantient. We could try with Blixx, and then he would live on. I bet if we graft his head on to a willing donor... Have you ever considered adding a new head, Silvestri?

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by shaidar »

Silvestri glances at his friends, wondering if they having a moebid joke with him

"One head is fine thank you. Animals can't be grafted like plants"

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by Zhym »

"What a waste," says Kurot, shaking his head. "Whoever designed you must not have been very good at his job."

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#29 Post by Norjax »

Hagalton Map

Denslow is adamant that Blixx should return to the earth in the Great Compost after being “deconstructed” to hasten the return. Belial is indifferent to this and goes with Denslow to prepare the return.

OOC: The compost heap is near the poultry farmer at (52) and the waste miner’s pit at (51).

Silvestri is insistant that Blixx be buried whole, honoring the traditional customs of humanoids and animals.

OOC: There is a burial plot behind the healers (56). Most of the graves are unmarked.

Silvestri’s family is not buried here. He is from a villiage to the north of Hagalton.

Kurot suggest to somehow “repurpose” Blixx’s parts as the most efficient means to honor their friend. Denslow is intrigued by this, suggesting it could work like plant grafting. Indeed, there are rumors about mutant sorcerers among the Dreadmonns who are able to animate the dead.

Great roleplaying, guys!

Scythius Equinus
Tracker
Tracker

#30 Post by Scythius Equinus »

Frank Rock

Buys some ammunition for his rifle if available (and if he has the dough) 20 rounds... He visits the grave of his fallen compatriots and growls a respectful farewell... then catches up with his party...

What's the plan guys?

He looks at the new manimal and says Hey... Sgt. Frank Rock. Pleasure to meet you..
You had me at blood and semen - Peter Lefluer

Frank Rock - Human

quozl
Scout
Scout

#31 Post by quozl »

If we were only closer to the ocean, we could throw him in and feed my brethren....
Ron Spartan, a mutant shark with a laser mounted on its head!

rossik
Ranger
Ranger

#32 Post by rossik »

"It is my pleasure to meet you all!"

MacMak participate in the rites, feeling lucky to be part of what could become a legend.

"Friends, i can shoot well with my crossbow, so count on me to cover your back. Also, i believe im a good tracker"

MacMak hopes he does not looks so new to the adventure world, so he just shut his beak with a gulp.

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by shaidar »

Norjax wrote:Silvestri visits Obo Grittz (9) and inquires about a mount.

“Did your Quicksten die already!?” Obo asks. Once assured the beast still lives, Obo becomes more cordial and leads you back to the stables. (54) “My friend, I have four mounts available for purchase. Three Pard horses, quick and long-legged, and a single Kastur horse. Her breed is aggressive with thick legs and strong bones! Since you allowed me to purchase some of your spoils, I’ll give you a deal. 100 coin (Gold Piece) for a Pard and 250 for the Kastur Obo hovers in mid-air, wearing a toothless grin and anticipating your purchase.

"You are most generous Master Grittz." He looks the Pard horses over assessing their potential. "Your beasts look to be of fine stock. I need to help attend to the remains of one of our friends who died on our journey, but I shall return, I hope you understand"

After Blixx has been put to rest Silvestri will return to Obo Grittz

"I hope that those fine horses of yours are still available. I am looking to purchase one, with the appropriate riding gear of course. I'll need bit and bridge, saddle, saddle bags and 30 days feed"

He once again watches the horses, to see if his thoughts on the most suitable horse has changed

ooc: Nobody seems to have a problem with Silvestri borrowing some group funds to get a horse, he'll put all of his own money towards it and only borrow what is absolutely necessary. Silvestri would have discussed this with the others while they arranged Blixx's funeral. Hope that is all OK.

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#34 Post by Norjax »

Return to “Archive”