The Drus Badlands (S.E.T. 2)

Blackrazor
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: The Drus Badlands (S.E.T. 2)

#41 Post by Blackrazor »

Last edited by Blackrazor on Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#42 Post by Argennian »

Thinking that the Yazirian with the auto rifle poses the greatest threat, Marcus quickly draws his auto pistol and fires off a burst...

To Hit: Auto Pistol (base 33%) [1d100] = 93, burst [5d10] = 28
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Recklessfireball
Ranger
Ranger

#43 Post by Recklessfireball »

OOC: Going to walk Blackrazor through the ropes of using the dice roller. After he's edited and replaced his first dice roll, I'll resolve this combat round. :)

Recklessfireball
Ranger
Ranger

#44 Post by Recklessfireball »

Vombis is the first to draw blood, as he snaps off a shot with his needler pistol. The burst of barbed flechetes tags the Yazirian in his right shoulder, causing him to scream in pain and anger. In retaliation, he levels his auto rifle and cuts loose with a chattering burst of lead, spraying a hail of fire at you. The bullets manage to graze everyone, without inflicting serious damage: Yazirian warrior attack 43% / 63% [1d100] = 10 and damage [1d10] = 2 or burst [5d10] = 23 divide evenly = 4 dmg to everyone.

O'Riley returns fire with a burst of his own, but the auto-pistols spray of rounds goes wide, missing completely.

The humans, laughing evilly, fire their gyro-jet pistols as fast as they can pull the trigger. The one on the left fires three shots, one at Vombis Human soldier attack 38% [1d100] = 99 and damage [2d10] = 8 and two at Seela Human soldier attack 38% [1d100] = 84 and damage [2d10] = 11 Human soldier attack 38% [1d100] = 9 and damage [2d10] = 7. The first and second rockets whoosh wide, overhead; but the the third grazes the saurians leg and explodes, inflicting a minor wound.

The human on the right fires a shot at O'Riley Human soldier attack 38% [1d100] = 28 and damage [2d10] = 4 and two shots at the lumbering Nuk, whom he considers the more alarming threat Human soldier attack 38% [1d100] = 93 and damage [2d10] = 15 Human soldier attack 38% [1d100] = 13 and damage [2d10] = 17. The medic has a gyro-jet rocket explode near his head, causing minor lacerations to his scalp. The Ogrun is less fortunate, and takes an impact directly to his armored shell, which makes him grunt with pain.

Seela tries to focus her mental energies and attempts to use Hyper-movement to leap onto the top of the Explorer:Hyper Movement 75% [1d100] = 89 and fails, but manages to use her natural strength to vault up, anyway: Generic Rolls [1d100] = 44

Nuks brutal strike impacts the Explorer, crumpling a huge dent in it's armored body. The machine is sufficiently insulated that the shock is harmlessly dispersed, but the force of the blow causes the vehicle to rock back slightly, on two wheels, forcing everyone onboard (including Seela) to make struggle to avoid falling: DEX checks- Seela: Dex checks [1d100] = 54, Yazirian: Dex checks [1d100] = 10, Human on left:Dex checks [1d100] = 29, Human on right: Dex checks [1d100] = 95

Seela loses her balance and goes tumbling off onto the far side of the Explorer, out of sight (she takes Generic d10 roll [1d10] = 3 dmg). The yazirian grips the sides of the hatch and remains secure in his perch. Of the two humans, the one on the left grabs the roof for support, and avoids a fall. The one on the right is not so lucky, and goes tumbling backwards into the vehicle (he takes Generic d10 roll [1d10] = 7 dmg).

STAMINA and MENTAL ENDURANCE tracker: Bob 66/70, Nuk 54/75, O'Riley 52/60, Seela 46/60 (ME= 69/70)

End of round. Roll for initiative for next round. Bad guys get: Initiative [1d10] = 3 +2 = 5

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#45 Post by greyarea »

Vombis

[1d10] = 10 INITIATIVE

Vombis doesn't like being shot at and fires at the human on the left who fired at him Needler Pistol [1d100] = 38 and damage [2d10] = 17

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#46 Post by Argennian »

Marcus hopes to take advantage of the diversionary effect caused Nuk's powerful strike. He drops his pack and double-times it toward the Explorer, his auto pistol still to hand. He will attempt to dive down behind the rear of the vehicle, so as to be out of the field of fire from the humans in the doorway and the Yazirian in the turret position above. He'll look to get himself in position on the opposite side of the open doorway of the Explorer and prepare to make a flanking attack of some kind.

OOC: RF, you stated that the Explorer stopped a "few meters away" from the shuttle but not sure what the exact distance is from where Marcus was standing to where the Explorer is, or exactly how the rover is situated in relation to the crashed shuttle and our direction of approach (i.e. - facing us straight on, to one side, etc.) Not sure if Marcus can still move and fire his auto pistol but would forgo that in favor of covering the distance, if possible.

If Marcus needs to make a roll of some kind (DEX/RS mayhap?), please advise!

Edit: clarifications!
Last edited by Argennian on Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

Recklessfireball
Ranger
Ranger

#47 Post by Recklessfireball »

OOC: RF, you stated that the Explorer stopped a "few meters away" from the shuttle but not sure what the exact distance is from where Marcus was standing to where the Explorer is, or exactly how the rover is situated in relation to the crashed shuttle and our direction of approach (i.e. - facing us straight on, to one side, etc.) Not sure if Marcus can still move and fire his auto pistol but would forgo that in favor of covering the distance, if possible.

If Marcus needs to make a roll of some kind (DEX/RS mayhap?), please advise!
No need to roll, but the bad guys will have a chance to fire at you as you move through their field of fire towards the cover. As far as distance and position are concerned, I usually tend to describe things in an abstract manner, but this time I went ahead and scritched a little map for you. It's kind of cheesy looking, but maybe it will help clarify the situation a bit:Image

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#48 Post by Argennian »

OOC: Bad map?! Dude, are you kidding me? That is absolutely radical, man! 8-)

That exactly clarifies things and I will stick with my above declared action. His intention is to stay low enough to not get shot at from the Yazirian above but also be ready with his auto pistol if the left side door opens and a threat emerges.

And understood on Macky taking potential fire while making his move. With our initiative roll and his +7 IM, they'd better be quick on that trigger though!
:P

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#49 Post by greyarea »

Argennian wrote:OOC: Bad map?! Dude, are you kidding me? That is absolutely radical, man! 8-) :P
Agreed, excellent Map. Vombis' action remains the same.

Return to “Recklessfireball's Star Frontiers Campaign”