Pre game discussion

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Pre game discussion

#61 Post by onlyme »

That sounds like a great idea if it isnt too difficult.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Rodriguez
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#62 Post by Rodriguez »

Hey, playing out an encounter from the characters backstory sounds like a great way of introducing the characters!

Rodriguez
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#63 Post by Rodriguez »

Another good way to see how important certain stats are is the Formula list near the end of the rulebook.

Bhart
Ranger
Ranger

#64 Post by Bhart »

Rodriguez wrote:Hey, playing out an encounter from the characters backstory sounds like a great way of introducing the characters!
I like that idea. :)

Bhart
Ranger
Ranger

#65 Post by Bhart »

Ok I'll start working on some scenarios as soon as I get caught up on my other games!

Rodriguez
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#66 Post by Rodriguez »

ChubbyPixie wrote:
Rodriguez wrote:Image
Tempting... :P
Yes! That's him.
I was pondering about the catfish for a while but I am not sure if he could be made like a normal companion. He certainly needs some magical power over water (a fish), over air (he is flying) and earth (earthquakes!) and that would make him mkre like a mage then as a companion right?

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#67 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Rodriguez wrote:
ChubbyPixie wrote:
Rodriguez wrote:Image
Tempting... :P
Yes! That's him.
I was pondering about the catfish for a while but I am not sure if he could be made like a normal companion. He certainly needs some magical power over water (a fish), over air (he is flying) and earth (earthquakes!) and that would make him mkre like a mage then as a companion right?
Well, he's supposed to be a Faerie Companion, which according to the book can be characters in their own right and have magic and all that. I was assuming the flying through the air thing was more of an innate ability, but don't know if that's possible? He might be best played as an NPC? I don't know.

In other news, my physical copy of Ars Magica 5th ed came today. (yeah!) Believe it or not, I read the whole pdf on my phone (which sucked) so it'll be nice to have a copy that's easier to flip through. Should make generating characters a bit quicker, too. I'll try to work up a Grog tomorrow...

Bhart
Ranger
Ranger

#68 Post by Bhart »

Very cool. 8-)
The book is worth every penny.

Bhart
Ranger
Ranger

#71 Post by Bhart »

I'm not sure. This weekend was very busy for me so I'm still playing catch up today. I'll get the final details in order and start our first trial run tomorrow. We will have a simple fight against some bandits who insist that you pay them a toll for using their road.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#72 Post by onlyme »

I figure I can use my companion that is half built? How much of him needs to be completely finished before the trial?
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#73 Post by ChubbyPixie »

I have a grog! Well, 75% of one. I know. I can hardly believe it myself... The problem is finding the time to enter his stats (I'm having that kind of week.) Trying for tonight. He's a Blacksmith's assistant with a drinking problem. But don't worry, he won't be one of those "always drunk" characters. In fact, he might die before ever touching another drop...

Rodriguez
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#74 Post by Rodriguez »

Guess as long as the Grog/Companion has his physical stats, a combat ability, armor and a weapon he should be able to fight!

Bhart
Ranger
Ranger

#75 Post by Bhart »

Rodriguez wrote:Guess as long as the Grog/Companion has his physical stats, a combat ability, armor and a weapon he should be able to fight!
Yes that should give you enough to experience how combat works.

I was held up at work tonight so I may not get the combat started until tomorrow.

Return to “Ars Magica - A New Covenant”