Session 3: Day Two in the Citadel

DM: Dave
GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: Session 3: Day Two in the Citadel

#81 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Kelben "Oh sorry." the gnome sheepishly replies about the stick. "Yes I am of similar mind with my friend here what if we offer to help get you your tribe back would you aid us?"
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#82 Post by Scott308 »

Qelgrax Klilxuac

Surprised that nobody has claimed the healing potion, the dragonborn sighs as he gathers that up as well. Erky has been helpful, but Klilxuac doesn't really want the gnome taking a potion that could come in handy if they end up fighting Belak and these twig blight creatures.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#83 Post by dmw71 »

Final Decisions
"So, Grenl," Sky starts. "We're going down there, probably to retrieve the humans." the tabaxi asks, sensing -- correctly -- that the goblin shaman has no interest in joining the group when they enter the Grove. "How can you help us?"

The shaman simply stands there with a confused look on its face. "You already took my scrolls," he sighs. "I don't like Belak any more than I did Durnn... when you go down, my plan was to go there --" he says, pointing at the goblin "lair," through which you entered earlier. "I gave you all the information I had..." he says flatly, letting his voice trail off, realizing it may not be enough.

As the discussion is taking place, Erky simply shrugs as he watches Klilxuac adds the unclaimed healing potion to his collection.

---

No change from previous map.

Actions?

---

Date: 14 Flamerule 1489
Time: 06:41 (Sunrise: 05:54, Sunset: 20:09)
Temp: 57°F
Conditions: Cool.
Light Sources:
  • Klilxuac: 'Light' spell (purple; 20' radius + 20' dim) on small pebble (Extinguished: 14 Flamerule @ 7:20)
Known Conditions/Spells in Effect:
  • Klilxuac: 'Light' spell (Cantrip) (Detailed in 'Light Sources' section, above.) (Detailed in 'Light Sources' section, above.)
  • Klilxuac: 'Mage Armor' spell (1st-level) (Ends: 14 Flamerule @ 14:21)
Character Status ---

Marching Orders
Scout
  • Kelben
5-foot
  • Hargrem
    Kelben
    Sky
    Klilxuac
    Erky
10-foot
  • Kelben | Hargrem
    Erky
    Klilxuac | Sky
Rolls
  • None.
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#84 Post by dmw71 »

I know Scott is out this week, but does anyone else have anything?

What is the plan here?
-- Project --
-- DM --

GreyWolfVT

#85 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Kelben looks to the others "Well whats out plan here are we just simply going to go down or do we have some sort of plan of attack here?"
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#86 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Sky

"Well. I think we go get the ring. And the humans, I guess." Sky moves to Durnn. "But first, this armor doesn't belong to him." Sky starts removing the personalized armor from Durnn.

She turns to Grenl. "I'm going to leave this here for when we get back. Make sure it is still here."

"Anyone have rope? Wait. How do people come and go in this well?"

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#87 Post by dmw71 »

The Shaft
The trio of bolt blasts on Durnn still smolder gently, leaving the deceased hobgoblin leader in no position to resist Sky when the tabaxi begins to remove the personalized armor belonging to the Hurcule family. "I'm going to leave this here for when we get back," the bard says, turning to Grenl. "Make sure it is still here." The goblin shaman nods enthusiastically, sensing it is about to be left behind.
Shaft.jpg
Shaft.jpg (61.61 KiB) Viewed 1670 times

"Anyone have rope?" Sky asks, then is informed by Kelben that the shaft is lined with vines that are sturdy enough to function as built-in rope. But, literally everyone else in the party confirms they have a length of hempen rope if needed.

---
How to descend:
"Kelben moves over to the two-foot wall surrounding the shaft... A quick inspection of the shaft has the gnome believing it to be safe, and the rogue notes thick, pale vines line the shaft which he suspects could easily serve as knotted rope for the purposes of climbing."

Depth:
"Kelben locates and drops a pebble into the shaft. It takes a long second before striking a solid surface below, and the gnome's best estimate is that it's not quite 100-feet deep, but definitely more than the 60-feet allowed by his darkvision."

---
Also, I had been operating under the assumption that Durnn had been pushed into the shaft (and moved him into the center of the shaft). Going back, I realize that Kelben's attempt, assisted by Hargrem, was unsuccessful. I fixed this in the map, above.

Actions?

---

Time: 06:42 (Sunrise: 05:54, Sunset: 20:09)
Light Sources:
  • Klilxuac: 'Light' spell (purple; 20' radius + 20' dim) on small pebble (Extinguished: 14 Flamerule @ 7:20)
  • Klilxuac: 'Light' spell (Cantrip) (Detailed in 'Light Sources' section, above.) (Detailed in 'Light Sources' section, above.)
Character Status ---

Marching Orders
Scout
  • Kelben
5-foot
  • Hargrem
    Kelben
    Sky
    Klilxuac
    Erky
10-foot
  • Kelben | Hargrem
    Erky
    Klilxuac | Sky
Rolls
  • None.
-- Project --
-- DM --

GreyWolfVT

#88 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Kelben sighs sheaths his sword and finds a good spot and uses the "natural rope" to begin his climb down slowly.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#89 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Sky

Sky joins Kelben in his descent. "You ok there Kelben? I can't quite make out your emotion. Gnomes are hard to read, you know." Sky starts humming a tune, upbeat and jaunty.

She is having way too much fun climbing down crumbling vines into darkness.

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#90 Post by dmw71 »

Down the Shaft
Clinging to the sickly white and gray vines that coat the walls of the shaft, Kelben begins the descent first. The gnome is followed closely by Sky, Hargrem, Klilxuac, and finally Erky.

Grenll watches with curiosity until Erky drops out of view.

---

Moving action here: The Grove.

---

Time: 06:48 (Sunrise: 05:54, Sunset: 20:09)
Light Sources:
Character Status ---

Marching Orders
Scout
  • Kelben
5-foot
  • Hargrem
    Kelben
    Sky
    Klilxuac
    Erky
10-foot
  • Kelben | Hargrem