Six Steps from the Gutter II

AleBelly
VonAlric
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: Six Steps from the Gutter II

#41 Post by VonAlric »

"Nay, I'm not subject to city or crown that directs me. For many years, I've been looking for a direction, a purpose. I now have it. For over 40 years I have been here in Alleborg, a stranger in this city, trapped. If this had happened to me if I was still in the dwarven citadel, after a few years, I would have joined with other dwarves to free ourselves from the shackles of fear and ignorance."

"A revelation has occurred to me. This, Alleborg, is my current home. It is time to free it from fear and ignorance. I am now looking to join others who have decided to do the same. Whoever, whatever, that tries to continue to oppress this city, I shall now stand against it. I will avenge my kinfolk, help free this city, and bring honor to the great name of Thurdal."

Hearing the talk about clearing out orcs, Bramren nods his head. "If the beginning start there, I would like to join."
It's hard to explain puns to kleptomaniacs because they always take things literally.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#42 Post by onlyme »

tkrexx wrote:
Dandelion, Jobin said that Renard said that you were particularly attractive in combat. I do hope you will join us so that we may see the dance of death that you do so well!
Again the shaggy Half-Orc grins and nods ridiculously to Bramren. It's true, yeahh, she makes killin' a fanciful thing! Somethin' to see.

Dandelion smiles gracefully.
Well, thank you both. No matter the group one associates with, nor the career they choose for themselves, one should always look to better it. I believe that a bit of fashion and manners, along with elegance of course, can go a long way.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by tkrexx »

Hearing the talk about clearing out orcs, Bramren nods his head. "If the beginning start there, I would like to join."
Hyde grins even broader. Now we be talkin', yeahh! He pauses again, thinking hard, eyeing Bramren seriously. I best go on an' tell ya, there be half-bloods there, like me, but they be kids. They ain't inna hole like them Orcs, they just be hangin' outside, inna town. They be real poor, ain't nobody takin' care of 'em. 'Tain't their fault they be there, no, nor their Mamas. Now some of 'em, they be gonna turn out bad, like them Orcs, yeahh, might even join 'em. But some of 'em won't. We don't know 'til they grow up some. Them Sambords, they had a, I dunno, a special school or somethin' for kids like that. I got a chance for schoolin', and learnin' outside school, I wanna see them kids get the same chance. You got yer honor, yer pride, so I ask ya with what honor I got: What do ya intend with them kids, hah?

VonAlric
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#44 Post by VonAlric »

Bramren gives an equally serious, level stare to Hyde. "As long as any dwarf can remember, there has been hostility with orcs, even before humans arrived. When I first saw you earlier, yes, I was very wary, ready for a possible attack. That reaction was all my doing, not yours. Today is a solemn day for me and my thoughts have been around the attacks that brought the fall of this kingdom over forty years back. The sight of you brought those memories right back and I had to hold myself. These are no longer those times. As I've kept myself a bit more.... sheltered these few decades, I rightly don't know what the city is truly like now."

"I can make my stance clear to you here now. I don't like orcs. In the past, I have not been partial to the... half-bloods either. The great god Thurdal has tasked me to do my part in, what has now become my home, Alleborg with the trials that beset them. As for the half-blood children, they did not ask for that heritage and I will not hold that against them. If they, or anyone else, becomes a threat to Alleborg, I will do my best to eliminate it, no matter who or what they are."

"Does that help you understand when I intend?"
It's hard to explain puns to kleptomaniacs because they always take things literally.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#45 Post by tkrexx »

Buy that Dwarf a drink! Hyde bellows of a sudden, his smile seeming to split his entire head in half as he re-digs the gold coin from his pouch, And share my pig! Ol' Guffy, he really knows how to put a pig on the table, yeahh. Let's go kill some Orcs togetha, Bramren! We got different reasons why, but if we both spill blood wipin' 'em out, I think maybe you and me, we be good pals, hah? Yeahh!

Return to “The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)”