Chapter 18 - Further Below Strod

AleBelly
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chapter 18 - Further Below Strod

#221 Post by Zhym »

Angus glances at Kablammicus, wondering if he should try to get the mage checked for charms. But he didn't cause any trouble on the way to town, so Angus lets it drop. For now. Sometime before they head back out, though, there's going to have to be a conversation about going against the group. Won't that be fun.

"Ain't got any pressing business here," says Angus. "They got some orcs back in Strod what ain't getting any deader, though." He wonders if any of the orcs have tried to loot Renard's rooms—and how that went for them. "But I reckon what I can cool my heels for a spell, if there might could be information at the end of it."

He considers making a quick trip for a day of training before the party regroups at the pub.

AleBelly: Is Alleborg close enough to Angus's trainer that he could get a day of training in?

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#222 Post by tkrexx »

Hyde smiles awfully. I think maybe I might spend some time at the Six Steps, hah? I ain't seen ol' Guffy for a spell. Me and him, we be good pals, yeahh.

Hyde might want to see about training also.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#223 Post by AleBelly »

"These types of interrogations can take several days" replies Jobin. "I understand your haste to get back to the task at hand, but do not underestimate the importance of the intelligence we could derive from your captive. Stay near Alleborg - let us know where you'll be and I'll send for you when we have concluded our interrogation. Well done."

Time for xp. A total of 6526 xp was earned. Divided between 5.5 PCs (half share to Galan since I had to NPC him the whole time), that's 1187 per PC before bonuses.

Recovered loot is:

1 ring (in possession of Hyde)
87 gp
I'll assume splitting the gp 6 ways. Unless I hear otherwise I'll assume you each pocket 14 gp and 5 sp. I do need to know plans for the ring.

You will be able to train, etc. for several days if desired. Just let me know your plans - going to Guffy's tavern and training, etc. Also let me know if you have any plans. We can move forward pretty soon.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#224 Post by Zhym »

Angus nods at Jorbin. "Reckon what I could do with a mite bit of training at that," he says.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#225 Post by AleBelly »

"We cover the costs of your training, ranger, if you join the Protectors of the Crown. Please consider doing so."

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#226 Post by AleBelly »

We'll play time a bit loosely here. If you want to train, we can handle it in the private forum. If you go to Guffy's please visit here:

viewtopic.php?f=176&t=4967

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#227 Post by Zhym »

AleBelly wrote:"We cover the costs of your training, ranger, if you join the Protectors of the Crown. Please consider doing so."
Angus draws a long breath, knowing he's going to have to do more speechifying.

"I've been considering it. I truly have," he says. "Given it a long, hard ponder. It's a mighty kind offer, and the King seems like a right upstanding sort of feller. But if it ever comes to him against his people, well—I'm with the people. I reckon if the Crown goes tyrant, I'm in a fix either way, so some folks would say there ain't any harm in swearing an oath and taking the money. Except that I'd be swearing to something what ain't rightly true.

"Like I said before: ask me to be Protector of the People, or Protector of the Realm, or some such, and I'll lay a hand on a holy book right now. But if you want me to be Protector of the Crown, I thank you, but reckon I'll just have to find a way to pay my own training."

Return to “The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)”