Session 4.5: Under the Ruins

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Session 4.5: Under the Ruins

#161 Post by Marullus »

Camp Events roll?

Allric has the only condition, right? I can use a check to roll Will and overcome it. Someone else then needs to spend the other check... Who needs it?

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#162 Post by Marullus »

*bump*

Ludanto
Ranger
Ranger

#163 Post by Ludanto »

While setting up, Berry shrugs off his pack and hears a faint "krik". As he looks for the source, he scents the distinct odor of lamp oil. He has to dump his pack quickly and find the broken vail before everything is soaked in flammable oil!

-1 flask of oil for Berry
"Mi pensas, ke mia simio metis sian piedon en vian trinkaĵon."
Neniam dividu la adventurgrupon.
"Ĉu vi volas koboldojn? Ĉar tiel estas kiel oni akiras koboldojn!"

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#164 Post by Marullus »

Cursing under his breath, Allric packs up his alchemy case. Still shaking despite his efforts to retain composure, he calls over Berry and Rabon. "Rabon, Berry... Sit and talk with me." Even his voice, usually so imposing, sounds frail. "Sit with me and tell me a tale. I need to be reminded of this world to shake the grasp of the other."

ob3 Will test. 6D Will + 2D help from Berry and Rabon.
Allric Will 1/2 [1d6] = 2 [1d6] = 3 [1d6] = 3 [1d6] = 4
Allric Will 2/2 [1d6] = 4 [1d6] = 5 [1d6] = 1 [1d6] = 6

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#165 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Rabon is unused to seeing the old man shaken like this and is, in turn, rattled. But he does as he is bid, telling Allric stories of their joint past, including the time they pulled their practical jokes (and later a heist) on Dourgrim the Wagoner, the grumpy dwarf. By the end, Rabon has hurt his own ribs laughing so hard as he describes how red-faced Dourgrim got at them, swearing an oath to find the pair again. After things settle down again, he adds, That should probably concern me more...

shroomofinsanity
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#166 Post by shroomofinsanity »

Berry chimes in with a story he hasn't gone into much detail on; why he is adventuring. So you see Mr. Allric, that no good 'friend' of mine, Trevor, after making me think we were pals stole the relic right out of the high temple. Well I blamed myself for it. So I took it upon myself to find him and return the relic to the temple my...the good father Malcavar presides over. It has just taken much longer than expected to which I worry every day that he gets farther and farther from me, and justice.

Berry looks like he has been thinking about this for a long time, possibly since things turned spooky at the orphanage, and has started to trust his companions enough to start sharing it.

in other news, I am very sorry I've been away for a while, my only excuse is that planning a wedding is hard, not that we are done mind you, and I've come up for air and hopefully wont have too much more distracting me for the rest

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#167 Post by Marullus »

Those were awesome! Thanks for writing them!! :D

Who wants to use the second check? Anything else while we're in camp? If not, perhaps our Elf wants to scribe a scroll?

shroomofinsanity
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#168 Post by shroomofinsanity »

I can try and make a poultice, also when camping is down I need to make my prayers as well.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#169 Post by Marullus »

We don't really need a poultice or have room to carry it. Perhaps the best move is for either Berry or Rabon to spend the second check to claim a successful Will Test for helping on Allric's last roll?

New spells memorized:
MENTAL INVENTORY:
SLOT: - Dance of the Fireflies
SLOT: - Wisdom of the Sages

That means I can light the next phase and I'll be able to speak to the Kobolds (nobody has Kobold-wise).

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#170 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

I'd forgotten we could use the checks that way in camp phase. Rabon has a lower Will so could level quicker, but Berry hasn't had many tests yet, so I'll defer to Shroom's character.

Return to “Torchbearer: Scoundrels”