Chapter One: The Lost Tower of Balaz-kai

Captain Kinkajou
Ranger
Ranger

Re: Chapter One: The Lost Tower of Balaz-kai

#301 Post by Captain Kinkajou »

Jayamanka

Jayamanka readies herself as much as she currently can. She checks her blade is within easy reach and lifts her javelin, ready to hurl it at any threat that should come at them through the doors. But, she hopes she won't need to. The stiffness and weakness that afflicted her is much improved but she's not sure she feels ready for a battle just yet.

sonofotho
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#302 Post by sonofotho »

The mage opens the door into a large, rectangular chamber. All eyes are immediately drawn to a huge glass (or crystal) sphere, perhaps 8-10 feet in diameter which rests on a low pedestal made of wood.

The opaque sphere hums and buzzes, almost throbbing with magical energy. Nothing else can be seen in the chamber.

ooc: Actions?

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#303 Post by badams30 »

Jasper - Rogue

Jasper stares in awe at the sight of the humming orb, transfixed for a couple moments then he glances at Xantius and whispers"What next? I'm kinda 'fraid to go near that."

OOC: Jasper will check it out for traps or whatnot if requested, but he's not quite courageous enough to approach it unprompted...

9littlebees
Tracker
Tracker

#304 Post by 9littlebees »

Xantius

OOC: I'd like to suggest this magic orb triggers Xantius's complication of "Addicted to Sorcery" as per the Complication rules on p14. This would upgrade my Luck die by one step, but gives Charles complete control of my character at some point... Like right now, maybe?

Captain Kinkajou
Ranger
Ranger

#305 Post by Captain Kinkajou »

Jayamanka

By the spirits! Jayamanka thinks. That doesn't look like something they should tamper with! But she strongly suspects Xantius would see things quite differently. She tears her eyes away from the sphere and scans the remainder of the room. She takes care not to move any further into the roomfrom, remaining close to their position in the doorway. Are there any less obvious threats or things of interest here? Any other exits or any tracks on the floor ahead of them?

sonofotho
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#306 Post by sonofotho »

9littlebees wrote:Xantius

OOC: I'd like to suggest this magic orb triggers Xantius's complication of "Addicted to Sorcery" as per the Complication rules on p14. This would upgrade my Luck die by one step, but gives Charles complete control of my character at some point... Like right now, maybe?
ooc: So let’s talk a little about using Complications. I don’t think I’m for using it to take control of a PC. I had thought more that you all decide to ‘use’ it to improve Luck or similar in getting an advantage in a situation of relevance to the complication.

Do any of you have thoughts here?

9littlebees
Tracker
Tracker

#307 Post by 9littlebees »

OOC: My thinking was that Xantius would be drawn towards the sphere, until he has placed both hands onto it, and (not sure if this is possible in the setting) channelled a bit of raw magical energy into it. He's an addict, and this is something too shiny to resist toying around with.

sonofotho
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#308 Post by sonofotho »

9littlebees wrote:OOC: My thinking was that Xantius would be drawn towards the sphere, until he has placed both hands onto it, and (not sure if this is possible in the setting) channelled a bit of raw magical energy into it. He's an addict, and this is something too shiny to resist toying around with.
Xantius begins walking towards the huge sphere with his arms outstretched. Its pulsing and throbbing seems to increase as the mage gets closer.

Fiddleback holds a hand up. "Stop!"

Xantius pauses and turns to look at his fellow mage.

"Can you not feel the power of that thing," Fiddleback asks. "I would advise against it."

ooc: Remember Fiddleback? ;)

Actions?

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#309 Post by badams30 »

Jasper - Rogue

Jasper looks at the others, his eyes belying his discomfort. "Uhhh... I wouldn't touch that, sir." He winces, anticipating something really bad happening, as he does this, he unconsciously begins slooooowly backing toward the door...

Captain Kinkajou
Ranger
Ranger

#310 Post by Captain Kinkajou »

Jayamanka

Cursing the slowness of her limbs, Jayamanka edges slightly forward, toward Xantius. She is torn between reaching the sorcerer and staying as far away as possible from the sphere. In the end she does neither.

"Xantius," she barks. Her voice tense with concern.

Throughout, the huntress keeps her shield up between her and the pulsing sphere. She hopes that it will offer her some protection against the arcane energy surging there.

Return to “sonofotho’s Sandbox (Sharp Swords & Sinister Spells)”