What kind of story do you want?

How dark or silly do you want the story?

Poll ended at Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:21 am

1 being the darkest, compare this to perhaps John Carpenter's the Thing.
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
67%
33%
No votes
No votes
No votes
10 So silly there may be a partner that is a gorilla on your team.
No votes

Total votes: 3

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

Re: What kind of story do you want?

#2 Post by Scott308 »

I am fine with whatever. I would have no problems with sheer terror followed by something more whimsical. Even mixing humorous moments in with the horror or vice versa.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

I am also open to whichever, though if we go humorous, i prefer not to go to the Looney Toons/Beavis and butthead end of the spectrum. I still like there to be a plot line.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#4 Post by GreyWolfVT »

something like this is fine with me ;) but i did vote for the middle between goofy and straight up horror.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3ugHP-yZXw

But if we do go more like walking dead or 13 ghosts I'm game for that as well.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Been thinking about this more and wanted to say that I don't do straight up horror. Walking dead, Rosemary's Baby, Amityville Horror House, the ring, etc. Those aren't for me.

I did love Saturday the 14th, Dale and Tucker vs Evil, etc. So I'd vote for somewhere in the middle: ghostly interactions with a humorous outlook from the PCs. Something like that.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#6 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Something more like a horror films Bruce Campbell would be in is more my speed anyway thanks for that added reply Rusty ;)

Dale & Tucker vs Evil, Ash vs Evil Dead, Stan Against Evil, Shaun of the Dead anything like those is great. ;)
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Zeromancer
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#7 Post by Zeromancer »

I play in two Call of Cthulhu campaigns at present, so I have the horror genre pretty well covered. Something a bit whimsical would be good, just not ridiculous please. As I said in my post in the other thread, no pet ghosts (unless it's solely being experimented on) and no Junior Ghostbusters (unless they're also being experimented on... j/k ;D). I've always said comedy is more funny when it's unexpected and/or contrasts the general tone of the narrative. I generally don't watch or read anything that's specifically created to be funny, because more times than not, it really isn't. I do like to joke and laugh as anyone else, but it's more worthwhile when it's unexpected.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by Bluehorse »

I love all of the feedback here so far! Keep it coming if you think of anything. I am seeing a general middle ground vote so far, which is excellent for me to be honest. I am better at middle ground where I can pull out a creepy scene now and then but break the tension a little with a pun or playing off character reactions to build tension again. The skeleton of the first "campaign" is ready now, I will be working on the main "current" Loredrop here tonight if all goes well. The 1986-1997 you pretty well know from the movies etc. So if you know those you are pretty good to go.

Taaz
Ranger
Ranger

#9 Post by Taaz »

I am of the opinion the best humor in the series was always when it was undercutting come cosmic horror so i think they both kind of work. I definitely prefer the tone in the films and IDW comics to Slimer! and The Real Ghostbusters(tm) if that makes sense.

Return to “OOC Archive”