003 - Misjump

ffilz
Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

Re: 003 - Misjump

#21 Post by Ramona »

“You do what you need to do,” Ana says with a wink, “I mean i don’t know about you but I’d prefer to not accidentally wind up at some uninhabited rock in thd middle of the rift.”

“Although I suppose adding another hundred or so years to my life in a low berth wouldn’t be the worst thing that’d ever happened.”

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#22 Post by ffilz »

Things get a little tight and air quality begins to suffer, but thanks to the luxury provisions and the standard emergency stores, crew and passenger morale remains high. You approach Shedezar and are cleared for landing. On your way in you read up on Shedezar. It is a very hot world with a dense atmosphere. The wildlife has adapted to this hot world with massive volcanic activity and active rivers of lava. Most of the wildlife flies and the smaller than normal world with a dense atmosphere allows for some large flyers.

Do you wish to take any precautions before landing?
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by joertexas »

ffilz wrote:Things get a little tight and air quality begins to suffer, but thanks to the luxury provisions and the standard emergency stores, crew and passenger morale remains high. You approach Shedezar and are cleared for landing. On your way in you read up on Shedezar. It is a very hot world with a dense atmosphere. The wildlife has adapted to this hot world with massive volcanic activity and active rivers of lava. Most of the wildlife flies and the smaller than normal world with a dense atmosphere allows for some large flyers.

Vee researches their destination, focusing on the climate and any required protective gear they may need.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#24 Post by Ramona »

How about don’t crash.

lenusmars
Guide
Guide

#25 Post by lenusmars »

Sara has been doing her best to keep everyone's spirits up during the long week in jumpspace. She's found her way back from plenty of misjumps. Hell one of her scout bounties came from discovering a planet through misjump. Though she only shares a story or two early in the week, she stops after that mand plays her guitar for folks once or twice, trying to get a smile on the her crew's faces. No good to remind people of bad odds.

Fortunately their luck holds.

"See? Told you guys we'd be okay. Didn't even have to put anyone in the freezers."

When Andy talks about breaking down the drive. "I'll be happy to assist! I'm no engineer but I know what unrefined fuel damage looks like at least. For a job like that an extra pair of hands doesn't hurt."

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#26 Post by Ramona »

“Oh the freezers aren’t so bad, although after the first decade your back really starts to hurt, and your skin is so dry when you get out. I’d recommend bringing a bottle or three of moisturizers. If you’re planning on staying longer than a year.”

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#27 Post by Eris »

lenusmars wrote:When Andy talks about breaking down the drive. "I'll be happy to assist! I'm no engineer but I know what unrefined fuel damage looks like at least. For a job like that an extra pair of hands doesn't hurt."
"You are right! An extra pair of hands wouldn't hurt." Andy says with a grin and shakes Sara's hand, "With no refined fuel to be had on this planet, we might misjump again, but maybe we can reduce the odds of that happening."
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#28 Post by Eris »

Ramona wrote:“Oh the freezers aren’t so bad, although after the first decade your back really starts to hurt, and your skin is so dry when you get out. I’d recommend bringing a bottle or three of moisturizers. If you’re planning on staying longer than a year.”
"Ana, I'd rather not find out if you're putting us on." says Andy.

Wen chuckles adding,"I've been low more than a few times, and for me it's mostly just sleep with the occasional dream that I never quite remember when they wake me up. Never as long as a year at one stretch, however."
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#29 Post by Eris »

joertexas wrote:
ffilz wrote:Things get a little tight and air quality begins to suffer, but thanks to the luxury provisions and the standard emergency stores, crew and passenger morale remains high. You approach Shedezar and are cleared for landing. On your way in you read up on Shedezar. It is a very hot world with a dense atmosphere. The wildlife has adapted to this hot world with massive volcanic activity and active rivers of lava. Most of the wildlife flies and the smaller than normal world with a dense atmosphere allows for some large flyers.

Vee researches their destination, focusing on the climate and any required protective gear they may need.
Wen connects to the local datanet and starts searching for buyers for the spec cargo they are carrying and any products that are available for purchase.

Wen knows that the library's profile says there is no refined fuel for sale here, but he'll double check that and see if maybe there is some to be had for a premium price.

Wen also checks on what ships are either landed or inbound to Shedezar and tries to find out if any of them have fuel purifiers aboard them. If he finds one, he'll contact that ship's Captain and see if they would purify fuel for us and what price they'd charge us if they did.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#30 Post by ffilz »

Eris wrote:
joertexas wrote:

The starport seems to be located in a safe place at some elevation that mitigates the temperature and air pressure so the protective gear would not be required to be out and about around the star port and local area.
Wen connects to the local datanet and starts searching for buyers for the spec cargo they are carrying and any products that are available for purchase.

Wen knows that the library's profile says there is no refined fuel for sale here, but he'll double check that and see if maybe there is some to be had for a premium price.

Wen also checks on what ships are either landed or inbound to Shedezar and tries to find out if any of them have fuel purifiers aboard them. If he finds one, he'll contact that ship's Captain and see if they would purify fuel for us and what price they'd charge us if they did.
No one is in port at this time (and I don't have fuel purifiers - you either buy refined fuel, ship it from a Class A/B port, risk misjump, or acquire military drives). It is remotely possible there may be non-public sources of refined fuel, of course finding such may be an adventure...

BTW, I will be doing something with the misjump rules to make it not so deadly to misjump. I think there will still be some chance of a misjump to an empty hex (and it might behoove a ship to consider carrying extra fuel) but maybe not the current high probability of such. I'd also like to make any hex within 6 pc a possibility, not just the 36 hexes along each axis from the departure hex.

As to sale of cargo, you will want to land and find a broker (or use one of your admins).
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#31 Post by Ramona »

Eris wrote:
Ramona wrote:“Oh the freezers aren’t so bad, although after the first decade your back really starts to hurt, and your skin is so dry when you get out. I’d recommend bringing a bottle or three of moisturizers. If you’re planning on staying longer than a year.”
"Ana, I'd rather not find out if you're putting us on." says Andy.

Wen chuckles adding,"I've been low more than a few times, and for me it's mostly just sleep with the occasional dream that I never quite remember when they wake me up. Never as long as a year at one stretch, however."
“It’s rule number 9 Andy,” Ana replies with a wink,“we don’t discuss freezer time. Rule 11 is freezer years don’t count, hence my remaining thirty and flirty forever.”

“The dreams are the worst,” she says offering Wen some coffee, “I think it’s the drugs, the longer you’re in the more disassociated from reality and vivid them become. Melting clocks, eye in the middle if your palm, weird stuff.”

“You know,” Ana adds looking at the datapad listing their cargo sitting on the table next to Wen, “I might know a guy here in the brokerage, it’s been a while, he may have moved on but I can give him a call if you want.”
Admin - 1

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#32 Post by ffilz »

I'm afraid this game may be about to collapse.

If anyone is still interested in some Classic Traveller play by post please let me know and I may propose a reboot.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#33 Post by joertexas »

ffilz wrote:I'm afraid this game may be about to collapse.

If anyone is still interested in some Classic Traveller play by post please let me know and I may propose a reboot.
OOG: I'm fine with this game - was waiting for the ship to land so we could continue on...
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#34 Post by Ramona »

I’ve just been waiting for things to move on.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#35 Post by ffilz »

There have been more and more delays waiting for Eris to post. The play by posts he runs (one here, one elsewhere) also seem to have stalled.

Eris - if you're reading please let us know how we should proceed.

Frank

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#36 Post by Ramona »

He probably got distracted by something shiny.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#37 Post by ffilz »

Ok, let's land, then folks can at least find something to do on world...

See new thread...

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#38 Post by Eris »

Ramona wrote:He probably got distracted by something shiny.
OOC: Sorry, I wish it was something shiny. I've been distracted by Real Life issues and not posting anywhere. I'm going to try to be a lot more present and if it looks like I might have to disappear again for a bit, I'll let y'all know before it happens.

Eris
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Return to “Wine Dark Rift (Classic Traveller)”