IC I

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: IC I

#361 Post by thirdkingdom »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Nerith holding a hand up in a stop signal "Nothing needed for a reward. We returned the goods that were on the caravan along with the 2,000 gold coins Bao said the caravan had. We too gave the dead a rightful pyre to save them from the carrion birds. We were just doing what is right. All I would ask is that we can take shelter through the storm if that possible maybe a warm meal and bed for the night?" the outdoors-man informs Bao's uncle.
The gnome with the tall hat nods, his hat dipping alarmingly. "Very well, we will gladly provide you shelter through the storm, and tonight, as well. What information is it you seek about the surrounding land? I have never heard of this town called 'Threshold', although Penhaligon is a name that is familiar to me, although I have never ventured there. We send a yearly caravan south to Highforge, a larger gnomish community, and that is all."

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#362 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Nerith "I'll let Drust here ask the questions about the surrounding areas. As for Threshold I'll show you the map we were given for the area. I think you'll find Threshhold is closer to your warren than Penhaligon. Might be worth establishing a trade of services and goods with Threshold or sending a merchant there sometime." he takes out the map given to him back in Threshold and shows the gnome the map and indicates with his finger the path they've decided to try and plan for a road to be built.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#363 Post by thirdkingdom »

"Very well." The elder gnome introduces himself, looking sidelong at the adventurers with a glint in his eye. "I am Masterpotter Hanbabra Bao, the clan leader of Smallburrow. Since you're here, perhaps you'd be willing to take on a small job for us?"

GreyWolfVT

#364 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Nerith looks at the clan leader with a glint in his eye "What kind of job?" he asks with a smile.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

hammerHead
Tracker
Tracker

#365 Post by hammerHead »

Preacher Cardicus

We just might be interested in additional work, suggest the cleric, stroking his mace.
Rules:
Midlands: https://lowfantasygaming.files.wordpres ... -10-16.pdf
Shroom: https://mega.nz/#!uSBHWIJD!vxDZlE_dOoua ... N1vbDqqu1E

Hradian the Rogue: The Midlands [LFG]
Ritbert the Bold: The Pod-Caverns of the Sinister Shroom (OSRIC)

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#366 Post by Rex »

Drust

"Yes always interested in work, what do you have?"

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#367 Post by thirdkingdom »

Masterpotter Hanbabra Bao

"We gnomes are crafters, and Smallburrow is known for several industries, but we are chiefly renowned for our glasswares. This community was established centuries ago in large part because its proximity to a large deposit of a special mineral used in the production of glass. This mine is about four miles north of here, and three months ago a feral hill troll moved in, preventing our access to the mine. If you could drive out, or better yet, slay the brute, we would be grateful, and richly reward you for your efforts!"

GreyWolfVT

#368 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Nerith holds his left hand to his chin thinking on the "quest" offered to them by the gnomes "A troll you say? Hmm well that may be harder than a giant. I've heard that trolls can heal their wounds naturally. We'll need something to counter that. Or else slaying the brute may be a futile effort."

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#369 Post by thirdkingdom »

GreyWolfVT wrote:Nerith holds his left hand to his chin thinking on the "quest" offered to them by the gnomes "A troll you say? Hmm well that may be harder than a giant. I've heard that trolls can heal their wounds naturally. We'll need something to counter that. Or else slaying the brute may be a futile effort."
Masterpotter Hanbabra Bao

"Well, you would know better than us! We gnomes are generally a peaceful folk, and owe much of our bucolic existence to a stubborn refusal to be a threat to anyone else! If you do this for us we will gladly gift you with two items: my clan has had in its possesion for many generations a knife, forged at the dawn of time, as the stories go, and possessing a puissant enchantment!" He motions to one of the other gnomes, whispers to him briefly and shoos the second gnome from the room. "One of our other business ventures is the creation of mechanical automata. If you recovered the cargo from the caravan amidst the giant's spoils you may have seen a crate of such items. My father was a tinker of some renown, and as a youngster he created a small mechanical bird, which was then imbued with several sorceries by a passing elf. It is a family heirloom, but it is yours as well if you perform this task for us!"

Bigtaff
Ranger
Ranger

#370 Post by Bigtaff »

Elerik

Elerik nods, smiling,"I for one will be happy to assist you and your community, good sir gnome."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#371 Post by Rex »

Drust

"I too am willing to help. But a troll is a difficult and deadly foe, I make no promises of success."

GreyWolfVT

#372 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Nerith "I too plan to help but if memory serves me we will need fire to truly defeat a troll."

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#373 Post by thirdkingdom »

Yarthmont 13, AC 1000
Smallburrow

"Excellent!" exclaims Masterpotter Bao, "I am glad to here it! Your presence is fortuitous, for not only did you rescue one of our own, but you have promised to rid of us this threat that has drastically affected the economic output of our community. Come, let us eat, and we will find places for you to rest overnight!"
Let me know if there is anything else you would like to do.

GreyWolfVT

#374 Post by GreyWolfVT »

OOC: Nothing more Nerith wishes to do but I thought someone wanted to ask about the surrounding areas.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#375 Post by Rex »

Drust

"Good sirs, do you have any lamp oil and glass or pottery jars and maybe some torches? I think we may need them against a troll."
Drust is good to move on.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#376 Post by thirdkingdom »

Rex wrote:Drust

"Good sirs, do you have any lamp oil and glass or pottery jars and maybe some torches? I think we may need them against a troll."
Drust is good to move on.
I'd like to get a sense of how many players are left before proceeding. Thus far I've heard from three of six.

hammerHead
Tracker
Tracker

#377 Post by hammerHead »

Preacher Cardicus is still here.
Rules:
Midlands: https://lowfantasygaming.files.wordpres ... -10-16.pdf
Shroom: https://mega.nz/#!uSBHWIJD!vxDZlE_dOoua ... N1vbDqqu1E

Hradian the Rogue: The Midlands [LFG]
Ritbert the Bold: The Pod-Caverns of the Sinister Shroom (OSRIC)

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#378 Post by thirdkingdom »

hammerHead wrote:
Preacher Cardicus is still here.
Have you checked the XP awards in the OOC thread?

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#379 Post by ybn1197 »

Rex wrote:Drust

"In an un-fortuitous turn of events, I do not have access to any arcane methods of creating fire. I do have my spell we used to create acid and that may assist us in this endeavor. Perhaps there is an arcane dabbler here among the gnomes who may have learned a spell or two to conjure fire in some way?"

Return to “Across the Known World (B/X retro)”