OOC Discussion (Session 4)

BillTheGalacticHero
Ranger
Ranger

Re: OOC Discussion (Session 4)

#241 Post by BillTheGalacticHero »

Hey Buck, if you want to meet for lunch tomorrow I could show you how the dice roller works. I should be done with my staff meeting around 10:30.

The Hunting test is an independent test, meaning you just have to roll the dice and get a certain number of successes. You'll have to decide how much game we're going for (1 portion = Obs 1, 3 portions = Obs 2, 6 portions is Obs 3) and where (which is already answered by where we are, forest and fields = Obs 1). Add up all the factors and you get the total Obs. 1 portion would probably be something small like a squirrel, rabbit, or grouse; 3 portions would be multiple of those, or something larger like a wild piglet. 6 portions would be something big like a deer or bear.

You don't have Hunter, so you will need to use Beginner's Luck, which would be half of your Health (2D), plus help from Thag and Berry (+2D), plus Fresh (+1D).
Once per session you can use a Trait to help you, if you did that now it would be an additional +1D.

You can also spend Persona points, up to 3 of them (and you start with 2), to get +1D per point spent.
Or spend a Persona point to tap your Nature, which allows you to roll more dice equal to your Nature, but at the risk of losing a point of Nature if you fail the test.
Or spend a Persona point to reroll all failed dice if the test is related somehow to one of your Wises.

After the dice roll you could spend Fate points to reroll dice:
Spend a Fate point to reroll all 6's. If any of these rerolled dice are also 6's keep rerolling them.
Spend a Fate point to reroll a single failed dice that is related to one of your Wises.

So you will have a minimum of 5 dice, or up to 6 to 8 if you use a Trait and/or Persona to help, or instead of using a Personna for an extra die, use it to tap your Nature to get 4 extra dice. With those dice you need to get 3 successes. A success is a 4, 5, or 6 on a die.

If you fail, then Ludanto gets to do stuff to us - assign Conditions, or apply Twists.

Either way, because you are using Beginner's Luck, you get to mark a Hunter test. In this case you don't mark passes or failures, just the number of tests. After you do a number of tests equal to your untaxed Nature then you learn the skill at level 2.

Ludanto
Ranger
Ranger

#242 Post by Ludanto »

Before we get too involved, you guys are still in town. Are you together now? Are you leaving town?
"Mi pensas, ke mia simio metis sian piedon en vian trinkaĵon."
Neniam dividu la adventurgrupon.
"Ĉu vi volas koboldojn? Ĉar tiel estas kiel oni akiras koboldojn!"

bucksurdu
Runner
Runner

#243 Post by bucksurdu »

I do have a bow in my hand.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#244 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

bucksurdu wrote:I do have a bow in my hand.
Then how are you typing?

:oops: Couldn't resist... Sorry.

BillTheGalacticHero
Ranger
Ranger

#245 Post by BillTheGalacticHero »

Buck and I play in a Tunnels & Trolls game once a month or so at our friend Dave's place. It's an on-going gag that Buck say's his character draws his bow. So one session when he was off on business I ran his character, and drew a bow on his character sheet. lol

bucksurdu
Runner
Runner

#246 Post by bucksurdu »

What is the Campaign ID for the dice rolling thingy?

BillTheGalacticHero
Ranger
Ranger

#247 Post by BillTheGalacticHero »

519 I believe

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#248 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

I have Rabon Hudd under campaign 588.

bucksurdu
Runner
Runner

#249 Post by bucksurdu »

[5d6s4] = 2

So is that the think I am supposed to include as the die roll.

bucksurdu
Runner
Runner

#250 Post by bucksurdu »

588 was correct.

BillTheGalacticHero
Ranger
Ranger

#251 Post by BillTheGalacticHero »

We found it better to roll each die individually, using a macro like this [1d6][1d6]... that gives you the option to to roll any 6s

bucksurdu
Runner
Runner

#252 Post by bucksurdu »

I hate to do this after just joining the group, but I'll be without internet connectivity until Friday. I am okay if Bill wants to handle my character's hunting and other activities while I am away.

Buck Surdu

BillTheGalacticHero
Ranger
Ranger

#253 Post by BillTheGalacticHero »

I could roll the dice for you.

Return to “Torchbearer: Scoundrels”