002 - Fogbound

ffilz
ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: 002 - Fogbound

#41 Post by ffilz »

Ok, if there is nothing else in the next day or two, I will roll for outbound encounter, drive failure, misjump, and inbound encounter.

Note that it takes a week at the next Class A or B star port to flush the drives to prevent further drive failure potential.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#42 Post by joertexas »

ffilz wrote:Ok, if there is nothing else in the next day or two, I will roll for outbound encounter, drive failure, misjump, and inbound encounter.

Note that it takes a week at the next Class A or B star port to flush the drives to prevent further drive failure potential.
Vee goes about her duties, tending to the passengers.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#43 Post by Eris »

joertexas wrote:
ffilz wrote:Sounds good, Vee picks a mix of produce, meats, and other locally sourced food optimized for up to two weeks of storage. That does include putting some food in the freezer (still better than the default fare offered with the standard life support cost which is probably significantly canned and pre-frozen foods).
Vee reports to Wen. "We have fresh food aboard now. Some of the veggies won't last more than a week, so expect a lot of healthy meals for a few days. The meats will last longer, since we can freeze most of it."
"Thanks Vee!" Wen says, "I'll adjust the books with the expense. Um, that leaves us with 60,140 credits when we lift for Shedezar."
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#44 Post by Eris »

ffilz wrote:Ok, if there is nothing else in the next day or two, I will roll for outbound encounter, drive failure, misjump, and inbound encounter.

Assuming we get the colonists to their site, get everything and everyone loaded aboard the ship I'm ready to jump for Shedezar.

Wen announces to the crew at a quick crew meeting, "We'll have a over a week layover on Shedezar while we flush the tanks, sell our spec cargo and look for more cargo. I think we can all count on a few days of liberty once we're there. We'll want one or two crew on the ship at all times, but we'll set up a rota so everyone gets some time off."

He continues, "I propose we distribute 1,000 cr to each crew member from the ship's account once we're on Shedezar to cover incidentals. Do I hear a second?"
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#45 Post by ffilz »

Eris wrote:

Assuming we get the colonists to their site, get everything and everyone loaded aboard the ship I'm ready to jump for Shedezar.

Wen announces to the crew at a quick crew meeting, "We'll have a over a week layover on Shedezar while we flush the tanks, sell our spec cargo and look for more cargo. I think we can all count on a few days of liberty once we're there. We'll want one or two crew on the ship at all times, but we'll set up a rota so everyone gets some time off."

He continues, "I propose we distribute 1,000 cr to each crew member from the ship's account once we're on Shedezar to cover incidentals. Do I hear a second?"
Note that Shedezar is Class D, so no flushing there, not until Arthiop...

OOC: It will be interesting to see how running a merchant ship in a typical sub-sector with not many Class A and B star ports works out...

Frank
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#46 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote:He continues, "I propose we distribute 1,000 cr to each crew member from the ship's account once we're on Shedezar to cover incidentals. Do I hear a second?"
"Seconded," Vee replies.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#47 Post by Ramona »

Ana nods, “A thousand is fair. Any thoughts about what knds of cargo we want to be hauling from here on out skipper?”

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#48 Post by Eris »

ffilz wrote:
Eris wrote:

Note that Shedezar is Class D, so no flushing there, not until Arthiop...

OOC: It will be interesting to see how running a merchant ship in a typical sub-sector with not many Class A and B star ports works out...

Frank
OOC: Frank, if we flush the tanks and then take on unrefined fuel would that reset the chances of misjump? Probably not, but worth asking. :)

We'll still spend a week on Shedezar...unless something forces us to jump sooner...because I want to sell the machine tools, fill up on freight and passengers and search for another good spec cargo before we lift. By the rules, that should take a week, or so.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#49 Post by Eris »

Ramona wrote:Ana nods, “A thousand is fair. Any thoughts about what knds of cargo we want to be hauling from here on out skipper?”
"Well..." Wen thinks a minute, Shedezar is a Rich world and Arthiop is listed as being an Ag and Non-industrial world. Frankly, the machine tools we are carrying now would probably sell better on Arthiop than Shedezar. IAC, we shouldn't try to trade agro-products on Arthiop, but most vehicles...especially Farm Machinery should sell well there. So should some metals and resources...oh and industrial parts are probably cheaper on Shedezar more valuable on Arthiop."

"The next few systems down the main are non-industrial or non-agricultural and a couple are listed as desert worlds." Wen adds, "The profits along there might be slim to none. Grobad is a poor world, though, and there are a number of things that tend to sell well on poor worlds...arms and armor, particularly."

"We'll just have to see what we can scare up as we go."

OOC: I wonder if hauling fresh water to Desert worlds would be profitable? :)
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#50 Post by Ramona »

“We should probably consider a haul out,” Ana says thoughtfully looking across the hold, “I don’t know a lot about starships but most of the things I’ve driven do not like going without some kind of tlc every so often.”

She grins and looks at Wen and Vee, “You ever had to pusha gun track out of a mudhole? It’s not as much fun as you might think.”

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#51 Post by joertexas »

Ramona wrote:“We should probably consider a haul out,” Ana says thoughtfully looking across the hold, “I don’t know a lot about starships but most of the things I’ve driven do not like going without some kind of tlc every so often.”

She grins and looks at Wen and Vee, “You ever had to pusha gun track out of a mudhole? It’s not as much fun as you might think.”
"I can imagine," Vee says with a laugh. "I've had to clean cabins where people had really bad jump sickness, though."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#52 Post by ffilz »

Ok, no outbound encounter. See new thread...

Return to “Wine Dark Rift (Classic Traveller)”