Character Creation

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Character Creation

#21 Post by thirdkingdom »

Note that I've updated the Playtest Document to expand on combat maneuvers. Some of them I'm still trying to work on and figure out what I want to do with them.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#22 Post by GreyWolfVT »

thirdkingdom wrote:Note that I've updated the Playtest Document to expand on combat maneuvers. Some of them I'm still trying to work on and figure out what I want to do with them.
I appreciate that. Since I was the guy that asked if you had descriptions. Back to my character Are we using the AC you have listed in the playtest? Or the normal AC from the Basic rules? I used the Basic Rules and added () with modified AC adding my Dex Mod.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#23 Post by thirdkingdom »

GreyWolfVT wrote:
thirdkingdom wrote:Note that I've updated the Playtest Document to expand on combat maneuvers. Some of them I'm still trying to work on and figure out what I want to do with them.
I appreciate that. Since I was the guy that asked if you had descriptions. Back to my character Are we using the AC you have listed in the playtest? Or the normal AC from the Basic rules? I used the Basic Rules and added () with modified AC adding my Dex Mod.

AC is ascending, off a base of 10. The playtest doc should have the appropriate values for armor.

GreyWolfVT

#24 Post by GreyWolfVT »

thirdkingdom wrote:
GreyWolfVT wrote:

AC is ascending, off a base of 10. The playtest doc should have the appropriate values for armor.
It looked like the Playtest has Chain Mail Armor as AC 4 but the basic handbook says AC 5 so with my dex bonus I'd be at AC 4 but the playtest would have me at AC 3. :?
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#25 Post by thirdkingdom »

GreyWolfVT wrote:
GreyWolfVT wrote:

It looked like the Playtest has Chain Mail Armor as AC 4 but the basic handbook says AC 5 so with my dex bonus I'd be at AC 4 but the playtest would have me at AC 3. :?
Use 10 as the base, adding the AC of the armor to 10. Someone wearing chain has an AC of 14.

GreyWolfVT

#26 Post by GreyWolfVT »

thirdkingdom wrote:
Use 10 as the base, adding the AC of the armor to 10. Someone wearing chain has an AC of 14.
So then the Dex Mod would be +1 not -1 alright I'll fix my AC then.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#27 Post by Rex »

I finished Drusts equipment. Could you check it and make sure I did encumbrance correctly.
Thanks

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#28 Post by thirdkingdom »

Rex wrote:I finished Drusts equipment. Could you check it and make sure I did encumbrance correctly.
Thanks
I'll take a look in the morning. Y'all are welcome to start posting IC.

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#29 Post by Darkmane »

Third Kingdom, I think I'm getting closer to a finished sheet, please take a look and let me know if I screwed anything up major :) I think I'm ready for HP rolls (so I should be doing 1d8 for cleric, with the toughness advantage). I don't have a con bonus.

I will probably shift items around for another day or two and try to spend most of my starting gold.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#30 Post by thirdkingdom »

Darkmane wrote:Third Kingdom, I think I'm getting closer to a finished sheet, please take a look and let me know if I screwed anything up major :) I think I'm ready for HP rolls (so I should be doing 1d8 for cleric, with the toughness advantage). I don't have a con bonus.

I will probably shift items around for another day or two and try to spend most of my starting gold.
http://orokos.com/roll/608305: 1d8 1 2d8 12

12 hit points.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#31 Post by thirdkingdom »

Darkmane wrote:Third Kingdom, I think I'm getting closer to a finished sheet, please take a look and let me know if I screwed anything up major :) I think I'm ready for HP rolls (so I should be doing 1d8 for cleric, with the toughness advantage). I don't have a con bonus.

Looks good. As a cleric of Odin, add the following spell to your 1st level spell list:

Odin's Insight
Level: 1
Duration: 1 hour, plus 1 turn per level
Range: Personal

One of Odin's aspects is knowledge gained through personal sacrifice. This spell may be cast once per day, and in doing so the cleric suffers one point of damage. While under the effects of the spell the cleric may force one reroll to be made that affects her. This would allow her to reroll a missed attack or saving throw, or to force an attack against her to be rerolled. The new result is taken.

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#32 Post by Darkmane »

Odom’s insight! Awesome!!

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#34 Post by ybn1197 »

TK, do you roll for my starting gold? I have the Well-to-Do background.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#35 Post by thirdkingdom »

ybn1197 wrote:TK, do you roll for my starting gold? I have the Well-to-Do background.
All characters start with a base 200 gold. So that gets multiplied.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#36 Post by ybn1197 »

Just need a random spell to be added to spellbook then my character will be ready if you still allow me.

thirdkingdom
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#37 Post by thirdkingdom »

ybn1197 wrote:Just need a random spell to be added to spellbook then my character will be ready if you still allow me.
http://orokos.com/roll/613644: 1d12 1

Charm Person. This is a good point to be added, actually. See IC.

Return to “Across the Known World (B/X retro)”