000 readying the Maize Star

ffilz
joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: 000 readying the Maize Star

#161 Post by joertexas »

ffilz wrote:Failed (rolled a 7 with no mods - Medical practice would get a bonus from high EDU). You can try again in a year.
Okay.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#162 Post by Eris »

I don't think I posted what Wen or Andy are training in so...

Wen trains in Auto Pistol 0 -> 1
Andy trains in Shotgun 1 -> 2

reserve one slot for each for later.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#163 Post by ffilz »

Eris wrote:I don't think I posted what Wen or Andy are training in so...

Wen trains in Auto Pistol 0 -> 1
Andy trains in Shotgun 1 -> 2

reserve one slot for each for later.
Wen passes (fortunately there is no negative DM for self improvement) while Andy fails (see the training log).
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#164 Post by Ramona »

Ana looks at Wen and grins, “I wasn’t planning on setting up a bakery for the benefit of our passengers, I mean I could but my mother was a baker and I have little to no desire to spend all day slaving over a brick oven.”

“Have you ever had eloy root and roasted potato chowder in a freshly baked bead bowl, oh my gosh so good skipper. I’ll have to make it one day.” She smiles and takes another sip of her coffee, “I’ll check in and on our passengers before we hit jump, see how they’re settling in.”

Ooc - Do we have a medic?

If not Ana will work on some medical texts.

lenusmars
Guide
Guide

#165 Post by lenusmars »

OOC: I'll think on it. How about getting some training from Ana in hand to hand (Brawling)? Exercise/Training while in jump space would be a good thing. I would say SMG or other weapons, but probably not something you could do in a small spacecraft.

Sara stretches and smiles. "God! So good to be out of that silly gravity well. Out on my own I'd sometimes turn the grav plates off for days, and only turn them back on when I wanted coffee that would stay in the cup." She winks at Ana.

The plates are set a little heavy for what she prefers, but that's probably for passenger comfort. Clearly they aren't hab kids. Groundhogs. Honestly, half a gee is more than enough for anyone with sense.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#166 Post by ffilz »

Ramona wrote:Ana looks at Wen and grins, “I wasn’t planning on setting up a bakery for the benefit of our passengers, I mean I could but my mother was a baker and I have little to no desire to spend all day slaving over a brick oven.”

“Have you ever had eloy root and roasted potato chowder in a freshly baked bead bowl, oh my gosh so good skipper. I’ll have to make it one day.” She smiles and takes another sip of her coffee, “I’ll check in and on our passengers before we hit jump, see how they’re settling in.”

Ooc - Do we have a medic?

If not Ana will work on some medical texts.
Vee is listed as medic
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#167 Post by Ramona »

lenusmars wrote:Sara stretches and smiles. "God! So good to be out of that silly gravity well. Out on my own I'd sometimes turn the grav plates off for days, and only turn them back on when I wanted coffee that would stay in the cup." She winks at Ana.
Ana shakes her head, “Ugh, Zero-G makes me nauseous. The matrons would have doubtlessly imparted some divine lesson about the All Mother not wanting us to float about like fish, assuming could wrap their tiny little heads around the subject. No thanks, my coffee stays in my cup just fine.”

lenusmars
Guide
Guide

#168 Post by lenusmars »

"Aw. You just have to get used to it. Better than being six times your proper weight. Honestly I don't know how full gee folks breathe sometimes." Sara's eyes skate over the muscles of Ana's arms again. "Not that there aren't some advantages, I guess. But you don't have to go Zero. There are so many cool things to do in lower grav. I stopped off at this colony once where they were using their main air-cycling cavern to fly! Like birds! Turns out .1 gee and enough surface area and you're golden. I was so excited I spent a month's pay on a beautiful set of wings. It was the most fun I've had with my clothes on."

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#169 Post by Ramona »

Ana smirks, “On Edo the surface gravity is one point three and the sky is the personal domain of birds and gods,” she gets up and heads to the coffee pot, “and fleet of Troka Lines bulk cargo ships exporting grains, root vegetables and fruits to any number of lifeless rocks across the sector. We Edo do not fly, bad enough being cooped up in a starship.”

Ana winks at Sara as she starts pouring another cup of coffee, “Grav tanks and gun sleds are a completely story, those are fun as hell. Lets go makes sure our cargo is settled in before we jump out of here.”

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#170 Post by ffilz »

lenusmars wrote:OOC: I'll think on it. How about getting some training from Ana in hand to hand (Brawling)? Exercise/Training while in jump space would be a good thing. I would say SMG or other weapons, but probably not something you could do in a small spacecraft.
You can practice with any small arms. Also, since the self improvement is a four year program, the specifics of what is done with relatively small units of time aren't that important. Shipboard time might just be practicing field stripping your weapon.

I'm happy to retro people's decisions on self improvement to a point. Of course in the short term it's not that important so if you want to wait and see which skills seem to be more important to you, that will work just fine. Likely by the time a couple in game months have passed, you will have decided...

With that, I'm going to start a new thread for Fogbound.

Return to “Wine Dark Rift (Classic Traveller)”