Quest #12 "Rapping With The Village People"

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Quest #12 "Rapping With The Village People"

#101 Post by Urson »

Luther

When Luther wakes up, he feels surprisingly well- far better than a night's sleep should account for. His time in the jungle, and the simple acts of hunting and preserving his kill, seem to have done him a load of good.

He collects his gear and waits near the cookfire for the others.
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#102 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Chauncey appears looking ready to go, if a bit hollow-eyed, as if he'd stayed up late into the night studying arcane secrets or whatever wizards get up to in their spare time...

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#104 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Seeking Out The Village People
Godsday, 2nd of Goodmonth
Early Morning, Hot, Humid, Buggy

The next morning arrives drier and hotter.

Preperations are already being made to head west towards the river this morning to see if anything can be learned about the missing adventurers or about the phanoton hunting natives who are reported to live out that way.

The extra day of rest helped a few of the injured to heal and allowed others to expand on their skills.

A few of the party members show up looking smarter, stronger, and more pious than they did just one day earlier. :D

Actions?

Marching Order:
Luther R3 20/20
Lightfinger T3 16/16
Monocar F2 21/21
Saracen F/C 2/3 25/25 4/4 first 1/1 second
Chauncey MU3 16/16 CL, DM, RM 2/2 first 1/1 second
Brother Gilbert C1 8/8 3/3 first
Avaala MU2 9/9 CL, DM, RM 2/2 first
Rollo 17/17
Alordan R3 18/18

Storm Briarfoot 1/8 4/4 first
Jaxsen Reiter 6/10

SpinwardMarch
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#105 Post by SpinwardMarch »

Brother Gilbert

He wanders over to the group by the cooking fire.

Greetings of the morning to all of you. What are the group's plans for the day? I hope my ability to heal will not be needed. But I am here to help.
SpinwardMarch

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#106 Post by tkrexx »

Lightfinger smiles.

Good morning, Priest! He greets, What was your name again? Brother Giblin? Glad to have you along. Always good to have a healer among us.

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#107 Post by SirOwen »

OOC: Does Raythan wake up the following morning?
"There is no spoon."

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#108 Post by SirOwen »

Avaala the Grey

Avaala wakes up to Rollo licking his face and wanting to go for a walk. "Ok..OK! We'll go. Hold your horses." Looking outside, he sees the sun is already up and climbing. "Let's get out stuff together and we'll take a walk and catch up to the others all at the same time." They get their gear and armor on, check their inventory, and head out.

Reaching the cooking fire, he speaks to Brother Gilbert. "Brother Gilbert, I hope you'll forgive my lack of introduction yesterday. Too many irons in the fire and I let it affect my courtesy. I am Avaala and the big Troll-biter here is my friend Rollo."
"There is no spoon."

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#109 Post by ChubbyPixie »

"Ah, there you are, Avalaa. I have arcane findings to share with you, my friend," says Chauncey. "Yesterday afternoon, making use of the pearl you so graciously allowed me to keep, I cast a spell of Identification upon the Amazing Crayon and discerned the following: It can only produce items of a rather mundane sort - nothing magical, highly mechanical or extraordinary in nature. The size is only limited by the amount of crayon left - larger items require more crayon. And finally, and rather regrettably, only one living thing may ever be created by its use, and I'm afraid my initial testing has wasted that function. We might have created a friend for Rollo, I suppose... still, a fine and rather wondrous item. I may, once we return from our excursion, wish to create the brass brazier of which we spoke, if you have no objection. It would, of course, be Guild property and available for use. I intend to cast a great spell with it that I believe you will find quite delightful. I am positively beside myself with anticipation..."

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#110 Post by Bluehorse »

Monocar
ChubbyPixie wrote:"... I may, once we return from our excursion, wish to create the brass brazier of which we spoke, if you have no objection...."
Perks up. "objection! Beer is better! You can drink beer. And it is too hot for anyone to wear a blazer."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#112 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I think this was supposed to be posted here.
Storm11 wrote:Saracen makes his way to welcome the morning light, blessings to Pholtus invokes as he regather the ability to call upon his light magic. Hearing of the injured Halfling Druid the holy champion seeks him out after saying his prayers with Monocar.

With the halfling looking and smelling sick still, the half-orc will call upon the healing light to bind the little Druids wounds.

[1d8] = 1 Only a little light magic filters through the hut to gather around him. Stripping off the robes and armour of the fellow, the half-orc begins to tenderly wash the small hobbits bruised body until the stench and filth are gone completely. He will then wash the robe and hang it out to dry before heading to the beach to await the others.

Luther R3 20/20
Lightfinger T3 16/16
Monocar F2 21/21
Saracen F/C 2/3 25/25 3/4 first 1/1 second
Rollo 17/17
Alordan R3 18/18

Storm Briarfoot 2/8 4/4 first
Jaxsen Reiter 6/10

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#113 Post by SirOwen »

Avaala the Grey

Avaala nods at Chauncey's suggestion. "Yes, I think your idea has great merit. And this might be the best way to make sure that each of us gets a share of the treasure. A small item for each of us, something we cannot craft here, and would take forever to get from the mainland."

Looking at Monocar, he asks, "What do you think, big guy? Something for a warrior? Or maybe a saw blade worthy of a real mill?"

Looking at Chauncey once again, "If you decide on the brazier, I can do no less. I would think the guild could use a stack of paper, bottles of ink and some quills. That could be MY offering to the guild."
"There is no spoon."

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#114 Post by Bluehorse »

Monocar

Seems about to say something, then stops short... considering a long moment. "Well... to be honest, i sent off a letter to my dad about sending us a mill blade... but what might be something i could honestly do some good with around here for everybody would be a decent set of tools. Hammer, saw, sander, rasp, maybe a leveler, a pendulum... you know. Typical wood working stuff. Yeah, that'd be the honey in the meade. A toolbox full of tools. If i had that i might be able to build just about anything we need baring the more advanced stuff we'd be needing the mill for anyway, but all the lumber in the world will do us no good without tools to work it with."

SpinwardMarch
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#115 Post by SpinwardMarch »

Brother Gilbert

Avaala, I am not offended. Yesterday was quite exciting. Looking at the large dog beast,Greetings, Rollo, I hope to become a friend.

To Lightfinger, Most pleased to meet you. It's Brother Gilbert, until I complete my training. That may take some time.
SpinwardMarch

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#116 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Bluehorse wrote:Monocar

Seems about to say something, then stops short... considering a long moment. "Well... to be honest, i sent off a letter to my dad about sending us a mill blade... but what might be something i could honestly do some good with around here for everybody would be a decent set of tools. Hammer, saw, sander, rasp, maybe a leveler, a pendulum... you know. Typical wood working stuff. Yeah, that'd be the honey in the meade. A toolbox full of tools. If i had that i might be able to build just about anything we need baring the more advanced stuff we'd be needing the mill for anyway, but all the lumber in the world will do us no good without tools to work it with."
Chauncey looks thoughtful. “ ...Hmm. Yes, Monocar. It is, of course, entirely up to you, but this does seem to be a wise use of the crayon. Small things we can not get otherwise, or only with great difficulty. Let us pursue these matters when we are back from our quest.”

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#117 Post by tkrexx »

Lightfinger overhears.

Wine, He speaks up as soon as he can politely get a word in, A barrel of fine wine. I miss wine. And a roasted chicken. Perhaps a fresh loaf of bread. I suppose an agreeable, comely Woman is out of the question? Halfling, Elf, Human, or any combination thereof would be acceptable. I prefer dark hair.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#118 Post by Urson »

Luther

Another thing of value would be a sword for me- or maybe some sort of complete armor for Monocar. He grins.
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#119 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Seeking Out The Village People
Godsday, 2nd of Goodmonth
Early Morning, Hot, Humid, Buggy

The group assembles to discuss how to handle the most recent discovery of the ship at the river. While they wait for everyone to show, each member expresses their opinions about the best way for Chauncey to use his magic crayon.

The town begins to rise to the new day and the water gatherers assemble around the community barrels. Marge is there, and she seems to be watching your group as you assemble. Eventually, the proud woman walks over to your party and speaks.

"So, any word on that ship this morning? Did anyone figure out who it is and what they are doing at the river? We want to go gather up some water, but we wont be going if they are still anchored out there. If it really is that nasty Captain Bing, as everyone here suspects, then I don't want to get too close until someone figures out what those creeps are doing. If your group is heading that way, would you mind if we tagged along behind? I don't want our stores here to get too low, so it is important to get this situation sorted as soon as we can."

Actions?

Luther R3 20/20
Lightfinger T3 16/16
Monocar F2 21/21
Saracen F/C 2/3 25/25 3/4 first 1/1 second
Rollo 17/17
Alordan R3 18/18

Storm Briarfoot 2/8 4/4 first
Jaxsen Reiter 6/10

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#120 Post by Bluehorse »

Monocar
tkrexx wrote:Lightfinger overhears. Wine, He speaks up as soon as he can politely get a word in, A barrel of fine wine. I miss wine. And a roasted chicken. Perhaps a fresh loaf of bread. I suppose an agreeable, comely Woman is out of the question? Halfling, Elf, Human, or any combination thereof would be acceptable. I prefer dark hair.
"I thought you were sweet on the nice lady that works at the Hi-Lo?"
Urson wrote:Luther Another thing of value would be a sword for me- or maybe some sort of complete armor for Monocar. He grins.
Monocar grins. "If we ever get all this stuff situated and we find out friends, I know where the rest of my armor and equipment is.
I am ready for some payback on those Veggimites. Or at least home to get to my stuff and back before stirring them up until we can come in with some idea how to wipe them out."

Return to “Completed Missions”