001 cargo and passenger logistics

ffilz
Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

Re: Kicking off

#101 Post by Ramona »

Ana nods at Wen and gives Sarah a smile before looking at Mr. Kamir, “24 hours,” she says setting a timer on her watch, “you’ve got 24 hours to get your crate here before that space is taken.”

She pulls a phone out of a pouch on her webbing and begins to dial her friend in requisitions indicating that the conversation has concluded and any room for negotiations have passed. The phone starts ringing and she holds it up to her head.

“Dingo?” A smirk crosses her face, “Fenrir, I know, I guess he got lost, I know bloody civies. I need (insert number I’ve forgotten here) of those modulars and 2ton of supplies each. I know, I have faith in you and your abilities.” She chuckles, “Mad dogs and Englishmen, I got it. Oh I need them delivered in 12 hours to my current location. I might need one more in 24 hours, we’ll see how the packing goes.”
Last edited by Ramona on Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

001 cargo and passenger logistics

#102 Post by ffilz »

Let's try and separate things up a bit to reduce confusion...
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: 001 cargo and passenger logistics

#103 Post by joertexas »

ffilz wrote:Let's try and separate things up a bit to reduce confusion...
Vee will find passengers for all available accommodations aboard ship.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#104 Post by ffilz »

joertexas wrote:
ffilz wrote:Let's try and separate things up a bit to reduce confusion...
Vee will find passengers for all available accommodations aboard ship.
Consider it done. If anyone wants some color to the passengers, I'll take some time and come up with some, otherwise, consider the passengers booked.

Karim is unable to find anyone to liberate the container, so he will take passage for now as agreed. He hopes he can send someone back at some point when things have calmed some to fetch the container, but recognizes it will likely be requisitioned by the occupiers or the defenders.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#105 Post by joertexas »

ffilz wrote:Consider it done. If anyone wants some color to the passengers, I'll take some time and come up with some, otherwise, consider the passengers booked. Karim is unable to find anyone to liberate the container, so he will take passage for now as agreed. He hopes he can send someone back at some point when things have calmed some to fetch the container, but recognizes it will likely be requisitioned by the occupiers or the defenders.
Vee assists with readying the quarters, ordering and stocking supplies, preparing the low berths, and anything else required to bring the passengers aboard and settle them in.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

lenusmars
Guide
Guide

#106 Post by lenusmars »

Sara flushes slightly, returning Ana's smile. Then after the Captain has glanced over the data, she goes to enter it into the computer library.

After that she'll start pre preflight inspections and help with general prep.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#107 Post by ffilz »

I think all that is left is deciding what to fill the last 2 tons of cargo space with:
ffilz wrote:
erkenbrand wrote:What is the order of things when attempting a task, Simon is looking up trade deals, should I roll 2d6 here?
Available cargoes:
30 ton, 20 ton, 15 ton, 10 ton, 5 ton, 5 ton

Speculative trade has a load of up to 27 tons of Steel at 450 cr per ton, or 455 cr per ton if you don't purchase the entire lot.
I think there were no small cargoes, though I'm going to rule that enough folks have additional stuff beyond their luggage allowance they would like to bring that you can fill 2 tons at the standard 1000 Cr per ton. The situation with the container has been resolved that is not coming aboard, so 10 Advanced Base modules plus 20 tons of colonization supplies.

So that leaves you with:

Cr 30,000 3 high passages (young couple and Karim)
Cr 56,000 7 middle passages (filling out double occupancy of the 5 staterooms you have available for passengers)
Cr 20,000 20 low passengers
Cr 600,000 60 colonists
Cr -250,000 10 Advanced Bases
Cr -20,000 Life support for 10 Advance Bases
Cr -40,000 Colonization supplies for 10 advanced bases
Cr -20,000 Life support for 10 cabins
Cr -2,000 Life support for 20 low berths
Cr -15,000 30 tons refined fuel
Cr -100 Berthing fees
Cr -10,000 2 tons Medicines, clothing, power tools, hand tools

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#108 Post by joertexas »

ffilz wrote:I think all that is left is deciding what to fill the last 2 tons of cargo space with
Vee looks over the list of supplies for things that may have been overlooked, such as a modular surgical unit, or specialized clothing and equipment that the colonists might need. She specifically looks to see if weather and navigation satellites are included in the package. That would be something the ship could deliver straight into orbit.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

GodricTheWell
Scout
Scout

#109 Post by GodricTheWell »

I posted this question in one of the other threads about the ship... does anyone have an exterior image of what this trader looks like?
insert(wit)

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#110 Post by Ramona »

joertexas wrote:
ffilz wrote:I think all that is left is deciding what to fill the last 2 tons of cargo space with
Vee looks over the list of supplies for things that may have been overlooked, such as a modular surgical unit, or specialized clothing and equipment that the colonists might need. She specifically looks to see if weather and navigation satellites are included in the package. That would be something the ship could deliver straight into orbit.
With our massive 2 ton of cargo room...

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#111 Post by joertexas »

Ramona wrote:
joertexas wrote:
With our massive 2 ton of cargo room...
28 cubic meters is about 70% of a 20-foot cargo container, or about what a 20' U-Haul truck can carry. For a colony that's just starting out, that much of the items I mentioned above would be worth carrying.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#112 Post by Eris »

joertexas wrote:
28 cubic meters is about 70% of a 20-foot cargo container, or about what a 20' U-Haul truck can carry. For a colony that's just starting out, that much of the items I mentioned above would be worth carrying.[/quote]
Okay, do that. That will be standard cargo rates? Are we buying the goods to sell as spec cargo, or do we intend to sell it on Fogbound?
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#113 Post by joertexas »

joertexas wrote:28 cubic meters is about 70% of a 20-foot cargo container, or about what a 20' U-Haul truck can carry. For a colony that's just starting out, that much of the items I mentioned above would be worth carrying.
Eris wrote:Okay, do that. That will be standard cargo rates? Are we buying the goods to sell as spec cargo, or do we intend to sell it on Fogbound?
Vee was thinking that they'd sell it on Fogbound.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

lenusmars
Guide
Guide

#114 Post by lenusmars »

GodricTheWell wrote:I posted this question in one of the other threads about the ship... does anyone have an exterior image of what this trader looks like?
There's a rear quarter shot in the google doc. Pretty much as the deckplan suggests, long and boxy.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#115 Post by ffilz »

joertexas wrote:
While a modular surgical unit and satellites might be of use, they are not something you are likely to find available, though if someone wants to look, maybe there's something.

Hmm you might want a dirt mover at 40kcr (assuming you can get one at list price) to set up the colony, but that's 10 tons, so would cost you an advanced base.

Other more specialized colonization supplies, I will rule will be 5 kcr per ton and include specialized clothing, medicines, a variety of tools, etc.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#116 Post by joertexas »

ffilz wrote:Other more specialized colonization supplies, I will rule will be 5 kcr per ton and include specialized clothing, medicines, a variety of tools, etc.
Vee selects the medications and the specialty clothing, and rounds out the cargo load with powered and manual hand tools.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#117 Post by ffilz »

joertexas wrote:
ffilz wrote:Other more specialized colonization supplies, I will rule will be 5 kcr per ton and include specialized clothing, medicines, a variety of tools, etc.
Vee selects the medications and the specialty clothing, and rounds out the cargo load with powered and manual hand tools.
Ok, purchase added to the list above.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#118 Post by ffilz »

I moved two posts into the readying thread...

Return to “Wine Dark Rift (Classic Traveller)”