OOG: Game

Eris
Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: OOG: Game

#101 Post by Nuke66 »

Thanks. A Thursday holiday is real nice, IF you get Friday and the weekend off.

Great job! Not quite home free, but a nice haul none the less. Mission accomplished, Bonus ship and some cargo to boot.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#102 Post by Eris »

Well, this particular adventure is complete, except for reaping your rewards.

Now, I think, is a good time to debrief the players. :)

1. Have you been having fun?

2. What could I have done to make the game more fun?

3. Although, I do have further adventures ready for you now would be a good time to exit the game if you don't want to continue. Now is also a good time to change characters if you don't like your PC, but do want to continue.

4. For those that do want to keep playing, how about we thrash out what you want to do here, OOG, for a bit before we start an IG thread.

BTW, you ARE going to get the prize you liberated from The Luzon, but as you've gathered it is going to need a bit of "work" before you want to fly it again. It has J1/M1/PP1 drives, a Model-1 computer, only the software needed to do J1/M1, and the weaponry is really junk. The 50 ton fuel tanks can only make one jump with enough fuel left for a month of maneuver. You can get it fixed up and upgraded, but it's going to cost you. Maybe you can get LSP to help with that? :)

If you intend to keep and upgrade/fix up the Unnamed ship you'll need to do
something for a few week. Yes, LSP has a job that will tide you over (keep you occupied) during the yard work, if you choose to go that route. :)

Eris
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#103 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote:If you intend to keep and upgrade/fix up the Unnamed ship you'll need to do
something for a few week. Yes, LSP has a job that will tide you over (keep you occupied) during the yard work, if you choose to go that route. :)
I'm good with the game, and with Zaki. She is content to go where the team goes, and, more to the point, where Carlos goes.

Not that Zaki knows much about it, but can this ship be retrofitted to Jump 2? There are references to stretched versions of the Type R, which is done frequently with airliners to increase their carrying capacity without a complete redesign.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#104 Post by ffilz »

I'm game to continue, while things have felt a bit slow for me, I'm sure things will pick up for Chandra as we go forward.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#105 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Eris wrote:Well, this particular adventure is complete, except for reaping your rewards.

Now, I think, is a good time to debrief the players. :)

1. Have you been having fun?

4. For those that do want to keep playing, how about we thrash out what you want to do here, OOG, for a bit before we start an IG thread.

BTW, you ARE going to get the prize you liberated from The Luzon, but as you've gathered it is going to need a bit of "work" before you want to fly it again. It has J1/M1/PP1 drives, a Model-1 computer, only the software needed to do J1/M1, and the weaponry is really junk. The 50 ton fuel tanks can only make one jump with enough fuel left for a month of maneuver. You can get it fixed up and upgraded, but it's going to cost you. Maybe you can get LSP to help with that? :)

If you intend to keep and upgrade/fix up the Unnamed ship you'll need to do
Yeah it has been fun, even after I went AWOL for a while there :-( As I recall we already had a deal with LSP to let us go through their surplus yard for a rebuildable ship, now we just need some parts. Even at J1 we could get into some trouble, err fun around these parts...
Pedro "Wong Way" Wong, 98BA77,
Navy, Starman, 3 Terms, 31,
Electronics-1, Engineering-1, Gravitics-1, Grav
Vehicle-1, Pilot-2, Steward-1, Vacc-1, ZeroG-2. Benefit:
Blade.

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#106 Post by Keven »

joertexas wrote:
Eris wrote:If you intend to keep and upgrade/fix up the Unnamed ship you'll need to do
I'm good with the game, and with Zaki. She is content to go where the team goes, and, more to the point, where Carlos goes.

Not that Zaki knows much about it, but can this ship be retrofitted to Jump 2? There are references to stretched versions of the Type R, which is done frequently with airliners to increase their carrying capacity without a complete redesign.
I'm good to carry on. I think Carlos & Zaki's romance is some of the most fun roleplay I've done in forever.
Candles Against The Night:
Game Janitor, ZZZZZZ, Everything, 10 Terms
JOT-90, Admin-90, Fast Talk-90
---------------------------
In The Marches:
Carlos Matsumi, 79AAA7, Scouts, 33, 3.5 terms,
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#107 Post by Eris »

joertexas wrote: Not that Zaki knows much about it, but can this ship be retrofitted to Jump 2? There are references to stretched versions of the Type R, which is done frequently with airliners to increase their carrying capacity without a complete redesign.[/ooc]
Yes there are. For example there is the MLJ Far Trader.

Making the ship bigger is going to be cost prohibitive, but retrofitting a ship is quite doable. You could upgrade the jump drive to J2, or higher, maybe add more fuel tankage, a better computer (Model 2 likely) and upgrade the power plant at the cost of cargo space...~40 tons less cargo, ~56 MCR and ~8 weeks to do the retrofit...if my quick check is right.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#108 Post by Eris »

ffilz wrote:I'm game to continue, while things have felt a bit slow for me, I'm sure things will pick up for Chandra as we go forward.
Frank, Chandra has mostly Engineering type skills. Are you looking for more diagnose and repair type activities in the game for Chandra?
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#109 Post by Eris »

bruce.desertrat wrote:Yeah it has been fun, even after I went AWOL for a while there :-( As I recall we already had a deal with LSP to let us go through their surplus yard for a rebuildable ship, now we just need some parts. Even at J1 we could get into some trouble, err fun around these parts...
That's true. :) LSP is going to help with parts and upgrading/repair for little cost to you other than time, and has a job for you folks while the work is going on if you want it.

OTOH, I think Carlos really wants a J2/J3, ship, because he wants to get back to Reaver's Deep. That *is* possible starting from where you are now, but it's going to mean a mortgage to pay off...LSP won't stretch that far. :)
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#110 Post by Tiglath »

I would certainly enjoy continuing on.

It might be worth giving Eclipse/John Lee a ping as he's been quiet for awhile.

I have indeed had fun. I would increase the pace a little but I'm aware that in PbP folk have a pace they are comfortable with so it is very much an individual thing. Having said that this group does seem to have something of a gift for spontaneity that makes even "lulls" in the action very enjoyable. :)
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#111 Post by Keven »

Eris wrote:
bruce.desertrat wrote:Yeah it has been fun, even after I went AWOL for a while there :-( As I recall we already had a deal with LSP to let us go through their surplus yard for a rebuildable ship, now we just need some parts. Even at J1 we could get into some trouble, err fun around these parts...
That's true. :) LSP is going to help with parts and upgrading/repair for little cost to you other than time, and has a job for you folks while the work is going on if you want it.
We're likely to want it. :D
Eris wrote:OTOH, I think Carlos really wants a J2/J3, ship, because he wants to get back to Reaver's Deep. That *is* possible starting from where you are now, but it's going to mean a mortgage to pay off...LSP won't stretch that far. :)
Daibei. And it'd need to be bigger than this boat is. And J4 to make it across the 'hardcore' route.
In The Marches:
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#112 Post by Tiglath »

As a complete aside:

RPG now have a Mongoose Traveller sale ending 15th Feb. Of course this is not the "real thing" (i.e. Classic Traveller) but readily translates.

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/featured.p ... lastchance

For me the diamond in the rough is the Pirates of Drinax Set (10$ US) which, should you want them, contains the Ships of the Reach book (with plenty of Aslan and "Imperial" vessels) plus the entire Trojan Reach and the sandbox style campaign. (NB The ship stats are in the "new" format but are almost entirely compatible).

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#113 Post by Tiglath »

As far as the trader goes it really is a big basic boat doing everything at minimum level (J1, M1 etc) but carries a big load of cargo for Edwardo to Broker (nothing much beats it at that!)

There are basic fixes (e.g. upgrade the weapons or fit fuel tanks in the cargo space to give extra range) but in reality we would need to replace almost every major component to make it perform at a better level (J2, M2).

For the short term in the campaign I think the PCs would probably take the LSP job to cover the repair time.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#114 Post by ffilz »

Eris wrote:
ffilz wrote:I'm game to continue, while things have felt a bit slow for me, I'm sure things will pick up for Chandra as we go forward.
Frank, Chandra has mostly Engineering type skills. Are you looking for more diagnose and repair type activities in the game for Chandra?
Well, it sounds like there may be opportunities as we refurbish our ship...

I'm hoping with time and your training system he will learn a weapon or two.

I'm not too worried about specific skill applications though, that isn't always important in Traveller.

And if he ends up feeling out of place too much, well, it's easy enough to roll up a new character, and without the dramatic experience improvements of some systems, a new character would not be at some huge disadvantage.

Frank
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#115 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote:Making the ship bigger is going to be cost prohibitive, but retrofitting a ship is quite doable. You could upgrade the jump drive to J2, or higher, maybe add more fuel tankage, a better computer (Model 2 likely) and upgrade the power plant at the cost of cargo space...~40 tons less cargo, ~56 MCR and ~8 weeks to do the retrofit...if my quick check is right.
Looking at the deck plan, we could knock out three of the after staterooms, and move the low berths and the after lounge forward. That would free up space on the upper deck for the larger drive and power plant. If we expand into the cargo bay, we will lose use of the aft cargo hatch.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#116 Post by joertexas »

Keven wrote:I'm good to carry on. I think Carlos & Zaki's romance is some of the most fun roleplay I've done in forever.
I'm enjoying it myself. :)
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#117 Post by Tiglath »

ffilz wrote: I'm hoping with time and your training system he will learn a weapon or two.
Sigrun is mercilessly training him with his shotgun during every downtime opportunity! ;)

So he should be reasonably effective quite soon.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#118 Post by Tiglath »

Here's some ship plans which show a Fat Trader (Type R) and a Q Ship/ Corsair upgrade (Type RQ) side by side (middle row).

http://juliahwest.com/Traveller/Brook_West/

Thankfully there's plenty of room to expand into in a Type R!

I'm not sure we want to go all the way down this route - if at all! Certainly not the extra boats and troops! Even the upgraded J3, M2 variant obviously doesn't have the desired J4 capacity. From what I've found so far I think our adventuring/money earning ship and the J4 ship to get to Daibei are two separate beasts.

However, these plans reminded me of another option which our ship is fitted out for (but which we currently missing) - the Launch/Ship's Boat. This gives a different option for getting to or away from a planet's surface while the trader loiters in orbit or, more clandestinely, deeper in space.

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#119 Post by Keven »

joertexas wrote:
Keven wrote:I'm good to carry on. I think Carlos & Zaki's romance is some of the most fun roleplay I've done in forever.
I'm enjoying it myself. :)
A better love story than Twilight. ALMOST as good as Gomez and Morticia.
In The Marches:

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#120 Post by joertexas »

Keven wrote:A better love story than Twilight. ALMOST as good as Gomez and Morticia.
That's a lofty goal; all we can do is strive toward it. :D

IIRC, I don't think Zaki has told Carlos about her past - or did she?
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Return to “In the Marches (Traveller)”