Temple Action thread #2

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Temple Action thread #2

#101 Post by onlyme »

Felgorian gets ecstatic seeing the fruits of their adventure paying off. He hands the villager one of the of water vials to take to his friend.
He then looks at the thief. You got experience the powers of this water, my friend. Lets get you back to town.

Once the second waterskin/vial is filled and secured, Felgorian will announce:Now let us get all of us back safe. I will walk backwards out last, to ensure HE doesnt move.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#102 Post by max_vale »

Beya refills her waterskin with what she used on thier Thief companion and then slipping the weakened man's arm over her shoulders; she helps him to leave this dungeon; all while keeping a wary eye on the Gargoyle and heartily agreeing with Felgorian's assesment.

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#103 Post by Distorted Humor »

I will wrap up this adventure in the morning - congrats folks, You just finished one of hte last BECMI modules published in Dungeon magazine :)

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#104 Post by onlyme »

Distorted Humor wrote:I will wrap up this adventure in the morning - congrats folks, You just finished one of hte last BECMI modules published in Dungeon magazine :)

wooo wooo
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#105 Post by Vargr1105 »

Yaaaay...

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#106 Post by onlyme »

Vargr1105 wrote:Yaaaay...
Hey, Not another word out of you until you get that PC fixed and PDFs back... :twisted:

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#107 Post by Distorted Humor »

Now for something to think about, i know all of you "took over" other peoples PCs, and any XP if you want to make your own character I will allow a "transfer" of XP to your new PC....

The party leaves the temple, With two weak newly resurected folks in tow. the party reaches back in town as dusks falls, the child is still alive, and as she drinks the water, you see her pale skin become flush with life. Though when she gets up she is almost crushed by the bear hug of her blacksmith father as he hugs her newly healed body.

A weak passes, as the party heals up, and goes over the need to wear the amulet to collect the water. The local magistrate calls for some imperial troops, who clear out the vermin who reside, and protect the magic fountain, and soon you know that, in time, the temple will be restored. As you are about to leave, after being celbrated by feasts and song, the local mayor brings you a box, inside is three small vials.

"This is what we can spare now for our heros, this is the water of life, three applications, it will heal you , or raise the dead. if you ever run low, we may be able to provide you with new vials, but we must always keep some in reserve as soon this will be a site of pilgrimage of the sick, and much of the water will be used for the less fortunate.

Once the smaller stuff is sold (spoons and so on) and some reward money there is 1,100 GP to be divided by the party. In addition, Bauer, the villager who you saved, offers his services as he owes the party a life-debt.

Each member of the party gains 2525 XP.

Let me know if you want to Use this XP on your currenly played PC, or if you want to roll up one and use the XP for them.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#108 Post by onlyme »

Distorted Humor wrote:Now for something to think about, i know all of you "took over" other peoples PCs, and any XP if you want to make your own character I will allow a "transfer" of XP to your new PC....

Once the smaller stuff is sold (spoons and so on) and some reward money there is 1,100 GP to be divided by the party. In addition, Bauer, the villager who you saved, offers his services as he owes the party a life-debt.

Each member of the party gains 2525 XP.

Let me know if you want to Use this XP on your currenly played PC, or if you want to roll up one and use the XP for them.
A couple questions... How many are we dividing the loot by? the 3 active PCs, or counting the 2-3 NPCs as well.

DH, what do you plan to do after this? Is there another adventure? Are you going to recruit more players? I need to know those things before I could tell you whether I wanted to reroll a character or what kind...

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#109 Post by Distorted Humor »

The money is to be split among the three active players, I gave the NPCs a 1/2 share of cash and XP. (but not the followers)

I plan to try to recruit some more players and continue this game. The party was headed towards meeting up with a Imperial officer, and that is whre they will be headed to unless the party decides otherwise.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#110 Post by onlyme »

Ok. I need to read the book again to confirm, but I think I "may" roll up a straight fighter. I am not big on magical powers.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#111 Post by max_vale »

OOC: Gonna stick with Beya; she is now a Level 2 MU (i.e. a "Seer"); I rolled 3 more HPs for her and gave her 366 gps and 1 Vial of the Healing/Raising Water. Quick question; does she gain a new spell for Rising in Level or do I only learn knew spells when I aquire them on adventures?

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#112 Post by Distorted Humor »

max_vale wrote:OOC: Gonna stick with Beya; she is now a Level 2 MU (i.e. a "Seer"); I rolled 3 more HPs for her and gave her 366 gps and 1 Vial of the Healing/Raising Water. Quick question; does she gain a new spell for Rising in Level or do I only learn knew spells when I aquire them on adventures?
You get the spell when you visit the local magic guild, luckily the group headed to a city with one.

Also, other then here and Dragonsfoot, is there anywhere else that i should recruit players?

Vargr1105
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#113 Post by Vargr1105 »

I am keeping Coenbeorht. With a +10% XP bonus it means the little guy gained a grand total of 2,777 XP and is now at 2nd level. No changes to THAC0 or Saving Throws.

Hit Point Gain: [1d6+2] = 3+2 = 5

5 HP increase for a new total of 13.

I might just get me a nice breastplate at the next city. We're almost swimming in money now.

Distorted Humor wrote:Also, other then here and Dragonsfoot, is there anywhere else that i should recruit players?
I don't think that there is much love for BD&D at Knights & Knaves but you could try there. Other options include the OD&D discussion board and OSRgaming.org forums. I think we also have a couple new arrivals here that were looking for a game so it could be useful to buzz again.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#114 Post by rredmond »

Congrats guys! With so many unfinished games, it's good to see a module being finished!

I don't lurk as much as I'd like to, but fun was obviously had!!
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#115 Post by Distorted Humor »

rredmond wrote:Congrats guys! With so many unfinished games, it's good to see a module being finished!

I don't lurk as much as I'd like to, but fun was obviously had!!

Thanks, it was a slog, and now i know that module actually sucks as a online module. Hope the next one i picked is better :)

Return to “Empire of the Dragon Throne [BECMI/RC]”