Discussion - Character Concepts

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Discussion - Character Concepts

#121 Post by Marullus »

For individual comments/feedback, please see previous page of the thread.

For discussion of group direction... repeating this on the top of this page. :)
Marullus wrote:Current Interpretation/Game Direction:

[Rusty's PC] (the traveling adventurer) knows Dvalen (the sagey old runecaster). He has led you there for inspiration on where to go next. You've fled west to escape the Lonely Mountain, but the larger group is still arguing about where to go next. You're seeking good ideas and we begin on the eaves of Mirkwood when you reach Dvalen's leaky shack.

You're a small group and it looks more like an "adventuring party" than "leading the masses" (Nobody paid for gang/crew to have groups adventure with you). We'll play that you're the motivated advance-party trying to figure things out by staying ahead of the bickering mass of "significant people" coming behind you. Your actions will have implications on those coming behind and you can go interact with slower-moving refugee camp as desired, but we'll focus play on your immediate situation.

The anticipated direction is:
  • Cross Mirkwood safely to get to the other side.
  • Seek Radigast in the woods; Find a safe pathway for the entourage to follow; deal with implications of the Necromancer and "Fear of Mirkwood" as a dangerous place to cross
  • Once through Mirkwood: advance to the gates of Moria, brave the depths within, find the Hall of Records
  • Decide if/when you're bringing the Entourage through Mirkwood, and/or find a safe place to park them until you can make it safe (on either side of the Forest)
  • Determine if it is safe to bring the Entourage to reclaim all or part of Moria; how to keep them safe until or during the attempt
Good?

If so, I think the "I will find a permanent home for my people" beliefs are good. You can then add an action statement after it addressing the nearer-term actions on the above list. That makes them achievable in each chapter of the story (and guides what I put in the actual chapters).

An interesting aspect is that your entourage is full of people who have failed the entourage and who significant people in the entourage actively resent. You're not being "sent forward" by them as much as you're trying to do right by them in spite of your relationships.
  • You're mostly fallen/dispossessed dwarves. Those you care about behind you are Significant (i.e. more important than you and leaders of large groups) and don't like you. It makes sense that you're staying out of camp - it isn't a happy place for any of you, day to day. :)
  • You're a loyal bunch, though, and won't leave the camp behind. Each of you has beliefs related to what the camp does, where it goes, or what it thinks of you.
  • The story is about you - the entourage will be largely dependent on you to determine what they do (they'll be a bickering and deadlocked bunch, given who you put in their midst!)
  • When you do good and find a solution, you'll have to struggle to convince them to accept it (given relationships). So, each "Adventure" segment will be followed by a "return to the camp" segment where you try to fulfill your social beliefs (which most of you have, wanting recognition/renown/etc) by convincing them about what you did.
You also have some interesting intra-group dynamics that might come forth.
  • Dvalen believes Durgar has a greater fate - that will evolve awesomely on its own.
  • Thrim seeks military advancement; he needs to convince Khûdrarn as the only senior Military in the party, or convince the NPCs back in the entourage (and thus challenge Khûdrarn for military leadership in the party)
  • Khûdrarn is tired and central to the other soldier PCs, but he cares more about his son (who will therefore be close at hand); what beliefs does he have to relate to other party members?

In addition to the context provided above, I'll pull down and repeat this advice, which applies to Belief Writing for everyone.
Marullus wrote:Yes, I encourage beliefs about each other. Again, to help beliefs, here's some prompts:
  • Your Oath: What promise did you make to an NPC relationship before Smaug came (which may be even harder or more complicated now)?
  • Preservation: What is the most important part of dwarven society and culture to you which must be saved? How are you going to preserve it in this time of societal collapse?
  • Bigger Than You: Who are you acting for beyond yourself (if anyone) in this chaos? Why (the belief) and how (the action)? [Your answer may also drive your acquisition of relationships and affiliations]
  • Hope: Where do you see safety/security/prosperity being re-acquired in your near future? How? [Proposal to drive towards Mirkwood and the lost realm of Moria/Khazadum for all PCs]
  • Companions: Read your fellow PCs beliefs. Which one do you strongly agree with or disagree with? Make a belief about why, and an action about how you're going to interact with that PC to support their drive or change their mind.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#122 Post by Marullus »

Okay, final audit. I will launch the game-start this week. (Rusty, please post your sheet. Art, if you're joining us we can add you later.)

Verrain - let's flip this one around? Enduring belief first.
I must reclaim my ancient rune stones from Radigast. I must convince him it is time again for me to speak the truth.
It is time again for me to speak the truth. I must convince Radigast to return my ancient rune stones.

Craigers07 -
Finish skills. Add the bonus of Fear of Mirkwood-wise.
Finish resources. Let me know if you need help.

"3) I will find a permanent home for myself and my people" - what's your first step for the immediate arc? How will he best work towards this as you arrive on the eaves of Mirkwood?

"2) I will train with an axe daily to master the weapon." What is the bigger belief that drives this? Put it in the front. WHY does he think Axe training is so important?

If he was demoted for defacing a monument, what belief drove him to do so? Consider modifying the first belief to include that. (It looks like he's stoicly accepting the punishment, which implies it was worth it for his belief/reason. Or, does he now regret his choice/action?

Ffilz - I updated NPC sheets and posted them for your wife and son. This thread also shows immediate goals (you start on the edge of Mirkwood and need to plan-forward) so you can see the near-term arc. Please complete your Beliefs.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#123 Post by ffilz »

I've added to my beliefs and made a first pass at instincts. I'd like to see Rusty's sheet before doing my final belief.

I also need a suggestion for one more treasure (1D), I upped the Jeweled Cup to 2D (which should make it all the harder to part with).

Frank
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#124 Post by Marullus »

Ffilz -
Good work!

For your treasure, I would go with something he wears. A gold chain, jeweled gauntlets, a family crest helm, etc.

Oath: it is a bit of a stretch to make an oath to a dead guy. I'd rather you make your Oath to one of the two relationships you bought. You can as-easily have sworn to Gorya herself that you'd prove yourself in her eyes.

Instincts: these should either A) provide a source of trouble for you (to earn Artha) or B) bend rules to aid you in game play.

"Always tend the wounded" is cool. It is in the first category - it doesn't help you in play, but when you tend the wounded to your detriment, you get Artha.

Sharpening the Axe and keeping combat skills sharp are less clear - when are those causing you trouble?

I am imagining the gruff drill sergeant. For you, I would suggest:
- "Always shout commands in battle." (Good role-play, but your Command skill also allows you 'snap people out of it' by reducing their hesitation. This instinct makes that a free test.)
- "Always begin with colorful insults." (You get a free Incite action at the beginning of a Duel of Wits.) Also, can be used inappropriately to get in trouble and earn Artha. Also, a good reason your wife is tired of your crap.

Skills: you list Dragon-Wise twice. :)

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#125 Post by ffilz »

Marullus wrote:Ffilz -
Good work!

For your treasure, I would go with something he wears. A gold chain, jeweled gauntlets, a family crest helm, etc.

Oath: it is a bit of a stretch to make an oath to a dead guy. I'd rather you make your Oath to one of the two relationships you bought. You can as-easily have sworn to Gorya herself that you'd prove yourself in her eyes.

Instincts: these should either A) provide a source of trouble for you (to earn Artha) or B) bend rules to aid you in game play.

"Always tend the wounded" is cool. It is in the first category - it doesn't help you in play, but when you tend the wounded to your detriment, you get Artha.

Sharpening the Axe and keeping combat skills sharp are less clear - when are those causing you trouble?

I am imagining the gruff drill sergeant. For you, I would suggest:
- "Always shout commands in battle." (Good role-play, but your Command skill also allows you 'snap people out of it' by reducing their hesitation. This instinct makes that a free test.)
- "Always begin with colorful insults." (You get a free Incite action at the beginning of a Duel of Wits.) Also, can be used inappropriately to get in trouble and earn Artha. Also, a good reason your wife is tired of your crap.

Skills: you list Dragon-Wise twice. :)
Ok, all of that sounds good and updated. I had gone with the Adventure Burner suggestion of an instinct related to equipment.

Frank
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Craigers07
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#126 Post by Craigers07 »

Marullus wrote: Craigers07 -
Finish skills. Add the bonus of Fear of Mirkwood-wise.
Finish resources. Let me know if you need help.

"3) I will find a permanent home for myself and my people" - what's your first step for the immediate arc? How will he best work towards this as you arrive on the eaves of Mirkwood?

"2) I will train with an axe daily to master the weapon." What is the bigger belief that drives this? Put it in the front. WHY does he think Axe training is so important?
Finish skills. Add the bonus of Fear of Mirkwood-wise. - Added, I still need to assign points
I couldn't find Fear of Mirkwood in the Gold Edition. What is Fear of Mirkwood?

Finish resources. Let me know if you need help. - Do resources include gear and property? I added a few basic items to my gear

The background story for Thrim is that he defaced a Dwarven monument while out drinking one night with his fellow soldiers.

He was caught by a higher ranking officer and this led to a demotion.

Do you believe this should be reflected in his first belief?

Verrain
Strider
Strider

#127 Post by Verrain »

Marullus wrote:Okay, final audit. I will launch the game-start this week. (Rusty, please post your sheet. Art, if you're joining us we can add you later.)

Verrain - let's flip this one around? Enduring belief first.
I must reclaim my ancient rune stones from Radigast. I must convince him it is time again for me to speak the truth.
It is time again for me to speak the truth. I must convince Radigast to return my ancient rune stones.
I had intended this Belief to be a one off rather than an enduring one with multiple parts. After all, I have to keep a belief slot open if I am to take on a belief linked to those I read the runes for.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#128 Post by Marullus »

Verrain -- Fair enough. Whichever you prefer.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#129 Post by Marullus »

Craigers-

Mirkwood is the scary dark forest where all evil and supernatural things are eminating from in this part of the world. Dwarves who spent time outside of Erebor get Fear-of-Mirkwood-wise: this let's you add to the lore of horrible superstition and tall tales that people tell about the forest where you are now going. (If you succeed in your roll it is believed and some of it might even be true!) This is different than Mirkwood-wise and Folklore, which Dvalen has and tell true and useful things about the wood.

For your sheet, this app may help!
http://bwgoldburner.appspot.com/

I will run it up and post it with some decision points.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#130 Post by Marullus »

Traits: Dvergar, Humility in the Face of your Betters, Proud, Salt of the Earth.
2pts to spend.
Skills: Dwarven Rune Script, Sing, Soothing Platitudes, Accounting, Whispered Secrets-wise, Axe, Armor Training, Shield, Formation Fighting, Throwing, Foraging, Fear of Mirkwood-wise
Each of this is currently B2. It looks like you have six points to spread around among them. What things are you better at?

You skipped Hammer, Brawling, and Cadence-Wise. That tells me that, while he has learned to be Salt of the Earth with them, he still holds himself apart from the ways of the Foot Soldiers and still acts like an Axe Bearer among them.

You then have 2 general points you can use to open other skills and wises. What does he need?

Affiliations: 1D Dwarven Nobles [Dvergar trait]
Reputations: 1D Reputation as a dwarven noble [Dvergar trait]
Relationships: My father Grelvun (4pt)

Gear: Axe (20pt), Traveling Gear (1pt), Dwarven Heavy Mail (10pt), Clothes (1pt), Shoes (1pt)
That's 37 points spent out of 56. You have 19 more to spend. Also, add any melee weapons you carry in addition to the Axe (they are included in the price).

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#131 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Marullus wrote:Thanks Verrain! Excellent advice on the Beliefs. :)

Rusty, also look at the advice I gave others on instincts. That might inspire you. Look over your skills and see if there's something that pops to mind?
- Always have the comforts of a warm fire. (you have firebuilding, it is useful, it can sometimes cause trouble)
- Always have a knife at hand. (practical, gives 'draw knife' as a free action, can be inappropriate and cause trouble)

Rusty Tincanne wrote:I have 4/7 traits spent. I want to take Coarse Persuasion, but I don't know it's cost. (Not on the Charred page you all directed me to.) If possible, I'd like to spend 1 point on Tinkerer, too.

I'm not sold on the Boxing skill, so if anyone sees anything that looks like it would fit a hardly motivated dwarf, let me know.
Coarse Persuasion is a skill, not a trait. It is "dwarven magic" and so takes 2 general skill points (you have 4 total) to open it. (I definitely think you should - I'd say that you are happiest as a player when you have a social skill.)

I'd say drop Boxing. It is a little better than Brawling, but you can take Brawling as a class skill and Boxing takes general points. You have 4 general points - you are spending 2 on Excavating and 2 on Coarse Persuasion, which is all you've got.

It looks like you may have spent too many on the other skills? Just double check that. You had 18 total for the class skills and every skill opens at a B2 with your current attributes. I think you have too many at B3.

Also, add Fear-of-Mirkwood-wise OR Weather-wise for free, per the house rules. (He can make up tall tales, or he can know what weather is coming as an outdoor guy)

Men of Rohan are not likely to appear in this story, as you've decided to go through Mirkwood to Moria. You can keep it anyway for flavor, but I'd recommend one of the options I PMed to you earlier.

I would suggest taking the Tinker trait, since you invested in the lifepath. (1pt) That leaves you with three:
Perhaps some reason this girl likes you?
Charismatic (2) (Call-on for Coarse Persuasion)
Extrovert (3) (Easier by 1 to open social skills during play)
Glib (2) (Believable storyteller - call-on for Soothing Platitudes, Falsehood, Seduction)
Loyal (3) (You get another belief [5 total] about your loyalty to your cousin)
Virtuous (3) (Dwarven trait to be less greedy)
Folksy Wisdom (1)

...or something that's kept you alive in the wild?
Fleet of Foot (2) (Call on for speed / positioning)
Thanks to Verrain and Marullus. Great advice. And thanks again to Verain for leading me to the Charred site. I just wish i could figure out how to save my character, rather than recreate his page every time I need to look at his skills, etc.

Skills:
I took out Boxer, and added Coarse Persuasion. I checked all my numbers and they should be right now.

Traits:
I took Tinkerer and Charismatic.
With the last point, I took "It just might work as a Trait," thinking it could work with the Tinkerer trait and Scavenger skill. And be part of his general, optimistic outlook on life. Unless there are better 1pt traits.

Instincts:
I like the knife instinct. it is a double-edged sword, as it were.
I don't know how the "offering my services" will work out. I'll reword it, perhaps.

Beliefs:
I'd love to have a belief to tie into Dvalen. Something like, "Dvalen is really wise and helpful. I need to convince the group to listen to his advice." Input?
As for impressing his Fiancee's family, I'd like to somehow use it as a way of working within the group to find a new home. Is, "I will work with the rest of this crew to locate a suitable new hold for the clan" too bulky?

Affiliations:
I'll change that to Men of Mirkwood, I think. I'll relook at that PM, Marullus.

Storyline:
I like the idea of heading to Moria at some point.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#132 Post by Marullus »

"It Just Might Work" is interesting. As a Character trait you are mostly using it mechanically for Artha. I can see it working on the "sends the story in an unexpected direction" award.

If you want something easier to apply, make the last point a flaw. Whenever it makes your life harder, get the fate point.

The "make money with my skills" instinct isn't specific enough. It is more of a goal.

For your beliefs, remember that my job is to challenge them. You should write them to tell me how you want to be challenged. "Chumlie has always been by my side. I will stick with him and we will make our fortunes together," for example, tells me that Chumlie is a bit of a jerk and despite your loyalty it should be challenging to stick with him.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#133 Post by ffilz »

I added a belief about Blundrin. I will add a specific goal once he adds a specific goal.

Rusty Tincanne
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#134 Post by Rusty Tincanne »

Updated Beliefs and Instincts:
Beliefs:
1. I will use this horrific event to show my mettle to Gigriel's families by helping to find a new, permanent home for us all in Moria.
2. Dvalen is wise (in his way) and has magic that can help our clan. I will make the others listen to his sage advice.
3. Chumley is family. I will stand by him as he has always stood by me, no matter how obnoxious he is.
4. Oath: I swear I will find my fortunes outside the Mountain; enough to satisfy Gigriel that I can provide hearth and home for our children.

Instincts:
1. Always have a knife at hand.
2. Always mend broken items in my down-time.
3. Always have a fire to warm feet and cheer the heart.
Updated Affiliation:
Affiliations: 1D, Dwarven Outcasts of Erebor
I'm open to suggestions, but it makes it clearer that he has been out of Erebor for a while and made relationships with other outcast dwarfs in Mirkwood. (Marullus initially suggested the outcast dwarfs of Mirkwood, which is an option, I suppose, but I thought there might be other outcasts farther afield that we could benefit from with a bit broader description. But that might not be right for 1D.)

I clarified the action for Gigriel's family to be finding a new, permanent home.
I'm not married to the belief about Chumley. I clarified he is merely obnoxious (and likely drunk) most of the time, but the belief is there because I couldn't think of anything else.
And I added a belief to link to Dvalen.
I hope that those beliefs still work with ffilz/Khûdrarn Grayshield's belief about Blundrin.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#135 Post by Marullus »

Cool.

The affiliation change means you know scattered individual dwarves rather than any community of them. Not a big change, but important to note.

I'm not going to edit Chumie, I don't think. Trying to limit him to "jist obnoxious and drunk" makes him less fun and more detracting to the story, imho. Your belief is "I will stand by him" which means he needs violations to challenge that and I'll evolve that as we go.

A reminder to everyone: we have a shared beliefs about each other, that player is asking you to challenge it. When the belief is "I will make others follow Dvalen's advice" irlt requires someone to be opely skeptical. :) If you all want to roll with Dvalen's advice, then we will, but this belief then can't be fulfilled until you return to camp and need to convince the NPCs, who will then be skeptical.

Verrain
Strider
Strider

#136 Post by Verrain »

I made one edit to my character sheet that you suggested a while back. I traded out Wizard-wise for Khazad-Dum-wise.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#137 Post by Marullus »

Thanks! I appreciate posting it here. :)

Also -- I've confirmed that I cannot edit your sheets. I'll keep using this thread for discussion of edits but you all have total ownership of your sheets and keeping them accurate.

On that note...

Craigers07 - you need to spend your trait points for Thrim. :) Also, your skills need point values. Did you spend 3 points to have a good relationship with your father, or 2 points and he's hostile to you? Let us know if you need help.

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#138 Post by Marullus »

If everyone could please double-check their Greed and post their answers to questions here. I want to make sure we've got the right numbers going forward (the online generators seem to be doing you a disservice).

From the book:
Starting Greed
Total the answers to the questions below. This is the character's starting exponent. Alternately, the player may spend five of those points to shade shift his Greed to gray. The remainder equals the current exponent.
- + 1 Greed if Will exponent is 4 or lower.
- + 1 Greed for every 60 resource points.
- + 1 Greed for each of the following lifepaths: Trader, Mask-Bearer, Master of Arches, Master of Forges, Master Engraver, Treasurer, Quartermaster, Seneschal or Prince.
- + 1 Greed if the Dwarf has coveted something owned by another.
- Has the Dwarf ever stolen something he coveted? If so, + 1 Greed.

- Has the Dwarf ever had his prized treasure stolen from him? + 1 Greed.
- Has the character ever been in the presence of the master craftsmanship of the Dwai·ven Fathers? If so, + 1 Greed.
- Has the character witnessed an outsider (Elf, Man, Ore, Roden, etc.) in possession of a work of Dwarven Art? If so, + 1 Greed.
- Is the Dwarf over 200 years old? If so, +1 Greed.
- Is the Dwarf over 400 years old? If so, +2 Greed.
- Relationships: Each romantic relationship is -1 Greed. Each hateful relationship is + 1 Greed. A hateful immediate family member is +2 Greed.
...and house rules:
Marullus wrote:Character Creation

Starting Greed:
Since you all lived in Erebor and just had your possessions stolen by Smaug, the following elements should be assumed to apply and specifically justified if they do not for your dwarven characters:
- Has the character ever been in the presence of the master craftsmanship of the Dwarven Fathers? (+1 Greed)
- Has the character witnessed an outsider (i.e. Smaug) in possession of a work of Dwarven Art? (+1 Greed)
- Has the Dwarf ever had is prized treasure stolen from him? (+1 Greed, define the lost possession)

Apply "presence of the master craftsmanship of the Dwarven Fathers" a second time if you've been to the ruins of a First Age dwarfhome (Moria, Gundebad, the Blue Mountains), or handled artifact items.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#139 Post by ffilz »

Marullus wrote:If everyone could please double-check their Greed and post their answers to questions here. I want to make sure we've got the right numbers going forward (the online generators seem to be doing you a disservice).

From the book:
Starting Greed
Total the answers to the questions below. This is the character's starting exponent. Alternately, the player may spend five of those points to shade shift his Greed to gray. The remainder equals the current exponent.
- + 1 Greed if Will exponent is 4 or lower.
- + 1 Greed for every 60 resource points.
- + 1 Greed for each of the following lifepaths: Trader, Mask-Bearer, Master of Arches, Master of Forges, Master Engraver, Treasurer, Quartermaster, Seneschal or Prince.
- + 1 Greed if the Dwarf has coveted something owned by another.
- Has the Dwarf ever stolen something he coveted? If so, + 1 Greed.

- Has the Dwarf ever had his prized treasure stolen from him? + 1 Greed.
- Has the character ever been in the presence of the master craftsmanship of the Dwai·ven Fathers? If so, + 1 Greed.
- Has the character witnessed an outsider (Elf, Man, Ore, Roden, etc.) in possession of a work of Dwarven Art? If so, + 1 Greed.
- Is the Dwarf over 200 years old? If so, +1 Greed.
- Is the Dwarf over 400 years old? If so, +2 Greed.
- Relationships: Each romantic relationship is -1 Greed. Each hateful relationship is + 1 Greed. A hateful immediate family member is +2 Greed.
...and house rules:
Marullus wrote:Character Creation

Starting Greed:
Since you all lived in Erebor and just had your possessions stolen by Smaug, the following elements should be assumed to apply and specifically justified if they do not for your dwarven characters:
- Has the character ever been in the presence of the master craftsmanship of the Dwarven Fathers? (+1 Greed)
- Has the character witnessed an outsider (i.e. Smaug) in possession of a work of Dwarven Art? (+1 Greed)
- Has the Dwarf ever had is prized treasure stolen from him? (+1 Greed, define the lost possession)

Apply "presence of the master craftsmanship of the Dwarven Fathers" a second time if you've been to the ruins of a First Age dwarfhome (Moria, Gundebad, the Blue Mountains), or handled artifact items.
Looks like B7 for me, character sheet corrected.

Frank

Marullus
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#140 Post by Marullus »

ffilz wrote: Looks like B7 for me, character sheet corrected.

Frank
Looks good. :) Do you want B7, or G2?
When it hits exponent 10, either way, he is overcome.

Return to “The Rise of Smaug (Burning Wheel)”