Eris
Keven
Ranger
Ranger

Re: [006] Rescue on Ruie!

#361 Post by Keven »

joertexas wrote:
bruce.desertrat wrote:
Tiglath wrote:Pedro laughs. "Well, you've been doing all the talking, I nominate you to be the designated tasercatcher!
"They will have to taze me, too." Zaki stands and walks to the bridge hatch. "I'll have my reserve ID available. It might help."
Carlos chuckles. He glances down. "At least I'm wearing my loudest shirt. They'll know I'm in 'uniform' at least."
Eris wrote:OOC: I edited an earlier post accidentally, so I'll post this again...

The radio pops then a voice says, "Who Knows this is Captain Ross Linger aboard INS Vaulthall. We see your course correction. Now go to radio silence. When we want to talk to you we'll do it and you reply on a tight beam directly to this ship. No reply needed. Out."
Carlos doublekeys the mike to acknowledge.
Eris wrote:Passive sensors show The Old Dreamm turn to an intercept course with you. You can only guess what conversations they are having with Captain Linger...and his superiors.

It looks like all the ships will converge on a location about 2 million km out from the gas giant in about 70 minutes. About 20 minutes before the intercept there is a ping from The Old Dream coming in over a very tight beam.

"Hey, this is Lord William." says a male voice followed by a feminine one, "And Lady Jane."

"We're currently at an angle where none of the other ships can detect this, but only for a couple of minutes, so I just wanted to tell you that everything is going to be okay. I've talked to Captain Linger then escalated the conversation to include Admiral Simms, the Seneschal for the Duke, and the Sector Director of LSP. Once you're inspected you'll be allowed to dock at a base on Taka, it's another moon orbiting Prime, the gas giant, for your debriefing."
Carlos grins and shoots a tight beam back. "No huhu, boss. I'm thinking Navy will McLove us a bit then turn the newsies on us. No good deed goes unpunished, y'know..."
Candles Against The Night:
Game Janitor, ZZZZZZ, Everything, 10 Terms
JOT-90, Admin-90, Fast Talk-90
---------------------------
In The Marches:
Carlos Matsumi, 79AAA7, Scouts, 33, 3.5 terms,
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#362 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Eris wrote:OOC: I edited an earlier post accidentally, so I'll post this again...

The radio pops then a voice says, "Who Knows this is Captain Ross Linger aboard INS Vaulthall. We see your course correction. Now go to radio silence. When we want to talk to you we'll do it and you reply on a tight beam directly to this ship. No reply needed. Out."

Passive sensors show The Old Dreamm turn to an intercept course with you. You can only guess what conversations they are having with Captain Linger...and his superiors.

It looks like all the ships will converge on a location about 2 million km out from the gas giant in about 70 minutes. About 20 minutes before the intercept there is a ping from The Old Dream coming in over a very tight beam.

"Hey, this is Lord William." says a male voice followed by a feminine one, "And Lady Jane."

"We're currently at an angle where none of the other ships can detect this, but only for a couple of minutes, so I just wanted to tell you that everything is going to be okay. I've talked to Captain Linger then escalated the conversation to include Admiral Simms, the Seneschal for the Duke, and the Sector Director of LSP. Once you're inspected you'll be allowed to dock at a base on Taka, it's another moon orbiting Prime, the gas giant, for your debriefing."
They could probably hear Pedro's sign of relief through the vacuum of space...
Pedro "Wong Way" Wong, 98BA77,
Navy, Starman, 3 Terms, 31,
Electronics-1, Engineering-1, Gravitics-1, Grav
Vehicle-1, Pilot-2, Steward-1, Vacc-1, ZeroG-2. Benefit:
Blade.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#364 Post by Eris »

Nuke66 wrote:Edwardo wakes from his nap....
Welcome back! :)

As the convoy reaches the designated place one of the SDB's angles over and docks with The Old Dream. The two big warships and the other two SDB's surround your ship.

"You will be boarded shortly." comes over from the radio over a tight beam, "Sit tight. Out."

Fifteen minutes later one of the two SDB's guarding you ship moves over to you and you feel a slight bump and shudder as it snugs up to your forward airlock. This is the airlock that leads into the forward lounge.

A minute later the lights indicate that the outer hatch is open and a bit after that the lights on the controls next to the inner lock show that you are being requested to open the inner hatch.

Once opened, a figure encased in combat armor and holding a SMG at the ready steps through. It is followed quickly by two more combat armored figures, and when no combat breaks out by a middle aged woman dressed in Imperial Navy Blues.

"I'm Commander Douglas." says the woman, "Who am I speaking with?"
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#365 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Pedro, lounging on the sofa raises his hand "Pedro Wong, pilot of this crate, the best galley assistant third class of the frozen watch on the INS Hunkabunka, RE-tired!"
Blade.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#366 Post by Tiglath »

Sigrun locks her gaze with that of Commander Douglas and replies levelly "Sigrun Volsung, mercenary on active duty, Commander".
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#367 Post by Nuke66 »

"Lord Edwardo Muscha Ma'am. What can we do for you?" Edwardo says as he leans back in his chair, arms on the rests.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#368 Post by joertexas »

Tiglath wrote:Sigrun locks her gaze with that of Commander Douglas and replies levelly "Sigrun Volsung, mercenary on active duty, Commander".
Zaki stands next to her, clad in a fresh jumpsuit with her ID badge clipped to the pocket. "Major Zaki Shursiia, Imperial Army, retired."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#369 Post by Keven »

Carlos sips his bad kaff. "Carlos Mitsumi," he drawls, letting his Daibei accent come out strong. "Chief Scout, late of the IISS. As ya might figure, we mostly ain't from roundere..."
In The Marches:
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#370 Post by Eris »

"M'Lord, ladies and gentlemen." Commander Douglas chuckles, "Lord William said you were an interesting collection of characters. He tells me you have a couple of former POW's aboard, one in low? And a couple of terrorists, bodies anyway? Any thing else to declare?"
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#371 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote:"M'Lord, ladies and gentlemen." Commander Douglas chuckles, "Lord William said you were an interesting collection of characters. He tells me you have a couple of former POW's aboard, one in low? And a couple of terrorists, bodies anyway? Any thing else to declare?"
"We discovered a large amount of poison gas in the cargo hold," Zaki says. "Can you send a medical team for my patient?"
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#372 Post by Keven »

joertexas wrote:
Eris wrote:"M'Lord, ladies and gentlemen." Commander Douglas chuckles, "Lord William said you were an interesting collection of characters. He tells me you have a couple of former POW's aboard, one in low? And a couple of terrorists, bodies anyway? Any thing else to declare?"
"We discovered a large amount of poison gas in the cargo hold," Zaki says. "Can you send a medical team for my patient?"
Carlos chirps up. "Also, an almost virgin computer for your squirrels to sweep. Might get some info on pirates running out of Ruie." He grins his trademarked lopsided grin. "And I declare, it's nice to get back to something close to civilisation."
In The Marches:

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#373 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Keven wrote: Carlos chirps up. "Also, an almost virgin computer for your squirrels to sweep. Might get some info on pirates running out of Ruie." He grins his trademarked lopsided grin. "And I declare, it's nice to get back to something close to civilisation."
Pedro chimes in: "And our sensor logs showing the nuke they threw at us to try to keep us from leaving..." He grins " Just another day in the neighborhood" He looks at Carlos "Looking forward to some real food and some beer, honestly. It's been MRE mashups for a while now...there's only so much you can do to make those edible."
Blade.

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#374 Post by Keven »

bruce.desertrat wrote:
Keven wrote: Carlos chirps up. "Also, an almost virgin computer for your squirrels to sweep. Might get some info on pirates running out of Ruie." He grins his trademarked lopsided grin. "And I declare, it's nice to get back to something close to civilisation."
Pedro chimes in: "And our sensor logs showing the nuke they threw at us to try to keep us from leaving..." He grins " Just another day in the neighborhood" He looks at Carlos "Looking forward to some real food and some beer, honestly. It's been MRE mashups for a while now...there's only so much you can do to make those edible."
Carlos adds, "That and KAFF! The stuff we've been drinking doesn't even make good deruster."
In The Marches:

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#375 Post by Tiglath »

Sigrun keeps her challenging gaze locked on Commander Douglas and states "I declare a successful raid, Kommander!"

She unfolds her arms, draws herself up to her full height and makes no effort to conceal her accent as she states "I'd say at least twenty Luzon killed by our close support fire and we got four more at close quarters. No friendly casualties. Four Imperial POWs liberated - including the Jarl. One Luzon starship captured, one written off. Hard evidence recovered of use of nuclear and prohibited weapons and overt government support for the terrorists. The captured mustard gas is secured in the hold”.

She grins with fierce predatory pride “And so I also declare that we need meat, mead and ale!”

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#376 Post by Eris »

"#@&%$##$@!" Commander Douglas curses, "Poison gas, nukes, pirates! You don't do anything by half do you folks?"

"Yeah, I think we'll be evacuating you from this ship and ferrying you down to Headquarters for the debrief while the boffins take this ship and its contents apart."she says shaking her head.

She holds her wrist communicator up to her lips and starts talking into it, "Get a med team over here right now. We've got a injured man in Low and we need to get the Scientific and Engineering team up here ASAP. I recommend we take the ship's crew down to be debriefed at Headquarters and keep an SDB here and a squad of marines aboard to keep this ship secure until it has been completely investigated."

After looking into the middle distance for a few seconds...probably listening to a reply through a bone conducting comm dot behind her ear...she nods and says, "Okay, folks!"

"First, congratulations on a job well done...and I sincerely mean that!"

"Second, please gather your possessions and reassemble here to debark from his ship. We'll be taking you down to Headquarters for a debriefing."

"Third, and this not orders, just a suggestion from me."
she says,"Make a salvage claim immediately, to me, to whoever greets you a'planet, and insist on making a formal claim even before they spooks debrief you. If we can a certain ownership of this tub, you'll be in for a substantial recovery prize and if we can't a certain ownership you'll almost certainly own yourselves a ship. Capisce?"
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#377 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Pedro says "Aye aye Commander! This little convo was far more pleasant than we feared!" He starts to head of then stops again. "Oh my, almost forgot! We also have a dead pirate stuffed in a low berth, too, so make sure you take the right one to medevac!" He quickly gathers his possessions and re-assembles in the lounge for disembarkation.
Blade.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#378 Post by joertexas »

bruce.desertrat wrote:Pedro says "Aye aye Commander! This little convo was far more pleasant than we feared!" He starts to head of then stops again. "Oh my, almost forgot! We also have a dead pirate stuffed in a low berth, too, so make sure you take the right one to medevac!" He quickly gathers his possessions and re-assembles in the lounge for disembarkation.
"I will handle it," Zaki says to Pedro. She turns to Carlos. "Would you come assist me, please?"
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#379 Post by Keven »

Eris wrote:"#@&%$##$@!" Commander Douglas curses, "Poison gas, nukes, pirates! You don't do anything by half do you folks?"
Carlos snickers.
Eris wrote:"Yeah, I think we'll be evacuating you from this ship and ferrying you down to Headquarters for the debrief while the boffins take this ship and its contents apart."she says shaking her head.

She holds her wrist communicator up to her lips and starts talking into it, "Get a med team over here right now. We've got a injured man in Low and we need to get the Scientific and Engineering team up here ASAP. I recommend we take the ship's crew down to be debriefed at Headquarters and keep an SDB here and a squad of marines aboard to keep this ship secure until it has been completely investigated."

After looking into the middle distance for a few seconds...probably listening to a reply through a bone conducting comm dot behind her ear...she nods and says, "Okay, folks!"

"First, congratulations on a job well done...and I sincerely mean that!"

"Second, please gather your possessions and reassemble here to debark from his ship. We'll be taking you down to Headquarters for a debriefing."

"Third, and this not orders, just a suggestion from me."
she says,"Make a salvage claim immediately, to me, to whoever greets you a'planet, and insist on making a formal claim even before they spooks debrief you. If we can a certain ownership of this tub, you'll be in for a substantial recovery prize and if we can't a certain ownership you'll almost certainly own yourselves a ship. Capisce?"
Carlos grins lopsidedly. "Thanks, Commander."
joertexas wrote:
bruce.desertrat wrote:Pedro says "Aye aye Commander! This little convo was far more pleasant than we feared!" He starts to head of then stops again. "Oh my, almost forgot! We also have a dead pirate stuffed in a low berth, too, so make sure you take the right one to medevac!" He quickly gathers his possessions and re-assembles in the lounge for disembarkation.
"I will handle it," Zaki says to Pedro. She turns to Carlos. "Would you come assist me, please?"
"Of course, dear." He downs the last of his kaff, makes a face, sets the cup down. "Hopefully the squirrels will have better kaff..."
In The Marches:

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#380 Post by Tiglath »

It seems that by her reaction Commander Douglas has somehow gained Sigrun’s approval. “Ha!” grinning the tall blond strides over to shake the Commander’s hand “Kapitensleutnant Sigrun Volsung, pleased to meet you”. She then repeats, as if by rote, “Under Imperial Law I hereby claim salvage on this vessel taken in a mercenary action outside the Imperium on behalf of all parties present in that action. Kommander, would you please initiate the claim and forward it on to us for completion and also send a copy to my employer, Lady Jane Featherstuff, aboard the Old Dream?”

To her comrades she says evasively “I have a little knowledge about renegotiating ship ownership. If we left this ship before making the salvage claim I believe it might be legally unsound”.

Sigrun then sets to loading her bulky pile of carry cases and personal gear for the trip to Headquarters.

Return to “In the Marches (Traveller)”