A Favor for Captain Loris

hammerHead
Tracker
Tracker

Re: A Favor for Captain Loris

#41 Post by hammerHead »

Hradian

"That man is hammering sure but not doing work", Hradian says outloud in his whisper voice.
Rules:
Midlands: https://lowfantasygaming.files.wordpres ... -10-16.pdf
Shroom: https://mega.nz/#!uSBHWIJD!vxDZlE_dOoua ... N1vbDqqu1E

Hradian the Rogue: The Midlands [LFG]
Ritbert the Bold: The Pod-Caverns of the Sinister Shroom (OSRIC)

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#42 Post by ybn1197 »

Thulsa-Doom wrote:Magus

Magnus hangs back with Loch to watch the rear. His eyes furrow as he sees the blacksmith working on nothing. He takes a moment to recall his lessons with master Lucinda Argento on enchantments.

OOC: arcane lore roll [1d20] = 17
This is no enchantment which Magnus is aware of.

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by Rex »

Loch

Loch moves up and pokes the smith with his finger in the back, not hard. He is prepared to defnd himself if needed but will attempt not to hurt the smith if he has to defend himself.

hammerHead
Tracker
Tracker

#44 Post by hammerHead »

Hradian

Hradian takes a flanking position if its available relative to Loch and objective toward the blacksmith.
Rules:

Thulsa-Doom
Runner
Runner

#45 Post by Thulsa-Doom »

Magnus addresses Wiglaf, " Your knowledge of magic surpasses mine. Do you know what manner of spell this may be?

Wiglaf
Scout
Scout

#46 Post by Wiglaf »

Vicente

The pale man instinctively bridles at the suggestion that he knows something about magic. All too fresh are the memories of the fearful looks of his family members when his talent first manifested. Not to speak of the 'justice' he'd borne witness to as a child when a witch was found and burned. Even knowing the source of such a comment failed to make it much easier to take. He nodded his head wordlessly and concentrated upon the scene before him. His senses reached out as he looked for any signs or portents which the untrained eye might miss.

[1d20+3] = 6+3 = 9 Arcane Lore check

This done he unlimbers his hammer and steps further into the workshop. "Perhaps there is a simple reason for this. This man may have simply lost his reason, and thus his mind."

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#47 Post by Urson »

Flynn

The Bard follows the others into the smithy, staying near the door.

Dis be a ver' bad t'ing, my friends. Looks too much like de zombi Mamma Walker use' talk about- dead mon brought back to work as slaves. He circles around toward the left, staying close to the wall and keeping an eye on the Smith.
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#48 Post by ybn1197 »

Rex wrote:Loch

Loch moves up and pokes the smith with his finger in the back, not hard. He is prepared to defnd himself if needed but will attempt not to hurt the smith if he has to defend himself.
With a start, the smith comes to his senses and looks about. What? Hmph! What? Oh my. My apologies m'lord, I seem to have taken leave of me senses. How embarrassing. I am sorry. Is his lord looking for something I can be of assistance with?

The man appears to be honestly embarrassed being caught unaware as he was.

hammerHead
Tracker
Tracker

#49 Post by hammerHead »

Hradian

Hradian pokes Loch, just to be double sure. :) He then waits for others to interrogate the blacksmith. Then, he'll case the joint.

Note: Hradian is not lazy (waiting for others). It's just that as his cousin, Wharram, could relay, when he talks to strangers to influence them in any way, they don't like him and his whisper voice.
Rules:

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#50 Post by Rex »

Loch

"All good master smith, I am looking for news of the village. Would you happen to have any?"

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#51 Post by ybn1197 »

The smith lays his hammer down on the anvil and wipes his forehead even though there is no sweat there, probably a habit formed over years of working at the forge.

"News... Aye, and none of it good. Though I am sure its below his lordship's notice." He pauses as if expecting Loch to say something but continues on. "In the last couple of months, more than half a dozen farmers have contracted Slough Pox. Four of the poor bastards have already pasted on. The other three are quarantined out on Old Man Delacot's farm, seeing as he's one of them's that passed and he didn't have no family to keep the farm going. Then there's also the problem with the missing sheep and bison, dragged away and devoured by some ferocious beasts. But the tracks are all wrong. Its not wolves or bears that's been taking the livestock. No sir, I don't know what it is and it's got us all stymied."

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#52 Post by Rex »

Loch

"Thank you, are there any tracks of these beasts left, we have been sent to help deal with them. Whatever they may be."

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#53 Post by Urson »

Flynn

Flynn hurriedly drops the knife blank he'd picked up from the worktable beside him. Slough Pox? What be dat, ma frien' ? I disremember hearin' of such a t'ing?
I an' I is always lookin' fo a new story or two. What be dese tracks look like?

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#54 Post by ybn1197 »

"Slough Pox? Nasty thing that does exactly what it sounds like. Sores develop on those infected. Those sores eventually cause the skin to slough off. Half those who get it don't survive. Those who do are badly scarred. We've tried herbal remedies, but that only alleviates the pain and the scarring. We haven't found anything to fight the infection. As for the tracks, no one's sure. We know it ain't wolf or bear. No idea what it could be."

shaidar
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#55 Post by shaidar »

Wharram

Wharram looks a little disquieted with the description of the Slough Pox. "Master Smith, do all those ill from the pox come from the same area, and is this also where the tracks have been seen?" he turns to the others "Perhaps a map would be useful, we could mark the illness on it and the tracks and see if there is a pattern to it all"

hammerHead
Tracker
Tracker

#56 Post by hammerHead »

Hradian

A map sounds good. Maybe the bartender at the tavern also knows something, Hradian offers in a thin whisper?
Rules:

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#57 Post by Rex »

Loch

To the smith, "Who else could we talk to that will be able to help us with some more information on both the Pox and the Beast?"

Thulsa-Doom
Runner
Runner

#58 Post by Thulsa-Doom »

Magnus
shaidar wrote:Wharram

Wharram looks a little disquieted with the description of the Slough Pox. "Master Smith, do all those ill from the pox come from the same area, and is this also where the tracks have been seen?" he turns to the others "Perhaps a map would be useful, we could mark the illness on it and the tracks and see if there is a pattern to it all"

Magnus nods and points in agreement with Wharram.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#59 Post by Urson »

Flynn

The Bard turns slightly green at the description of the Pox.

Wiglaf
Scout
Scout

#60 Post by Wiglaf »

Vicente was feeling quiet at the description of everything which had happened in this small place. He frowns as the description of this pox fills his mind with the appropriate mental imagery. To think a man could watch his own body slowly disintegrate around him an feel every moment...

His frown deepened and he looked away from his internal thoughts towards the rest of his companions. It would seem that Wharram had things well in hand. "A drawing of the tracks would also serve us well. I have the parchment, but used the last of my ink the day before yesterday." He hangs his hammer from his belt once more before stroking his chin with his left hand. "Master Smith, is there a person of letters within this place who might hand ink and pen to lend or sell?"

Return to “The Midlands [LFG]”