[006] Rescue on Ruie!

Eris
bruce.desertrat
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: [006] Rescue on Ruie!

#261 Post by bruce.desertrat »

Tiglath wrote:Sigrun grins at Pedro "Indeed, coming out of Jump with a transponder on and declaring that we are who we really are will be a refreshing change!"

She smiles back at Zaki and adds with cold humour "If they deal in rumours they might well believe I am still a Sword Worlds pirate and a war criminal! I'm sure that when I let them know I have brought prohibited weapons in system of the sector capital I'll have their full attention!"

She continues "I suggest we simply declare ourselves as what we are - a mercenary unit returning to Imperial space with liberated POWs, wounded and impounded weapons on board".

(OOC:

I trawled back to remind myself who we rescued:

Lord "Windy" Featherstuff (mission target)
Lt. Commander Jackie Mason (red headed female who mended the ship's Avionics)
Lt. Haley Zaminski (feisty gunnery gal)
"Joe" - sick POW who Zaki put in Cold Birth due to his state of health

Our other "passenger" is a very dead Luzon guard - also in Cold Birth).
Ok, that's 9 people, 8 rooms, so we all have some privacy.

Pedro says, "Well, we have a week to think about this, no need to decide tonight." he grins "Tonight let's all just relax and enjoy the fruits of Sigrun's looting, I mean 'scrounging' on the Old Dream!"

He heads into the galley, whistling some nameless tune, off tune, and puts together a not-horrible celebratory meal for everyone, for al that it's cobbled together from MRE's and whatever Sigrun brought over. The wine will help!
Pedro "Wong Way" Wong, 98BA77,
Navy, Starman, 3 Terms, 31,
Electronics-1, Engineering-1, Gravitics-1, Grav
Vehicle-1, Pilot-2, Steward-1, Vacc-1, ZeroG-2. Benefit:
Blade.

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#262 Post by Keven »

joertexas wrote: Zaki is just being a good team player by sharing her cabin... ;)
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight...
bruce.desertrat wrote:Pedro says " I agree we should start yelling our head off the moment we hit normal space but we should figure out who we are first ...finding out what our transinde says is a priority" He smiles slyly "Although saying we're someone else isn't entirely beyond my experience..."
Carlos nods, just following the conversation.
joertexas wrote:
Tiglath wrote:She continues "I can speak to Regina Orbital on approach. I suggest we ask for tight beam comms and then demand to be boarded by Ducal Huscarls due to possession of prohibited war materiel. There is a military form to this and they will have a fit - but it might buy enough time for the Old Dream to fall out of jump and stop us being vaporised”.
"I'm still an Imperial Army reservist," Zaki interjects. "I can attach a report documenting that we have liberated POWs and a prisoner aboard." She smiles grimly. "I'll let you tell them about the poison gas, though."
Carlos chuckles. "The frozen chakka is a deader, dear. Wonder if there's a finders fee on pirate body parts..."
Tiglath wrote:Sigrun grins at Pedro "Indeed, coming out of Jump with a transponder on and declaring that we are who we really are will be a refreshing change!"

She smiles back at Zaki and adds with cold humour "If they deal in rumours they might well believe I am still a Sword Worlds pirate and a war criminal! I'm sure that when I let them know I have brought prohibited weapons in system of the sector capital I'll have their full attention!"

She continues "I suggest we simply declare ourselves as what we are - a mercenary unit returning to Imperial space with liberated POWs, wounded and impounded weapons on board".
Carlos pipes up. "Not mercs. Just a couple riffed Impies and a Sword Worlds neckbreaker on a run and gun." He looks directly at Sigrun. "And I mean that 'Sword Worlds neckbreaker' in a good way. All we had to do was tidy up after you blew through them."
Nuke66 wrote:"We should at lest find it and see what it says before deciding on how to deal with it, that's all I'm saying." Edwardo offers.
Tiglath wrote:Sigrun replies "Oh I agree! I am intrigued to learn more of this trader but I barely have the skills to discover more". She grins mischievously and raises her glass to the company "If nothing else you soulless Imperials will have a name for your ship!"
joertexas wrote:Zaki looks at the assembled crew. "The person here with the most clout is Lord Edwardo." She looks at the nobleman. "What do you think we should do?"
Carlos chimes in. "DEFINITELY have Eduardo face for us. The rest of us can woodwork as spare gunmen and cleanup/repo crew."
bruce.desertrat wrote:Pedro says, "Well, we have a week to think about this, no need to decide tonight." he grins "Tonight let's all just relax and enjoy the fruits of Sigrun's looting, I mean 'scrounging' on the Old Dream!"

He heads into the galley, whistling some nameless tune, off tune, and puts together a not-horrible celebratory meal for everyone, for al that it's cobbled together from MRE's and whatever Sigrun brought over. The wine will help!
"True def, Skipper."
Candles Against The Night:
Game Janitor, ZZZZZZ, Everything, 10 Terms
JOT-90, Admin-90, Fast Talk-90
---------------------------
In The Marches:
Carlos Matsumi, 79AAA7, Scouts, 33, 3.5 terms,
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#263 Post by joertexas »

Missed this the first time through...
Tiglath wrote:Once back on board she inventories her “loot” into the ship’s stores with Zaki and then presents her with a bottle of champagne. “I stole this for you - drink it with Carlos!” She later returns to thank Zaki for her work on the cabins.
"Thank you, Sigrun." Zaki smiles. She takes the bottle to the stateroom she's claimed (#19), finds a suitable bucket and some ice, and sets the bottle in it to chill.

Back to the current time...

After dinner, Zaki helps clean the galley area, and then she steps over to Carlos. "When you're done, come to our cabin." She smiles winningly, snags a couple of cups from the galley, and disappears into their stateroom.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Tiglath
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#264 Post by Tiglath »

Keven wrote:Carlos pipes up. "Not mercs. Just a couple riffed Impies and a Sword Worlds neckbreaker on a run and gun."
Sigrun rakes her hair back from her eyes and replies ruefully “This is the Marches and there’s just been another war”. She continues steadily “Even on “civilised” Regina I’m sure I wouldn’t have to try too hard to find someone willing to lynch me just for being an Out Worlder and that’s if I don’t fall foul of any Navy boys still nursing a grudge on the way in. Meanwhile, back on Gram, war party zealots would name me a traitor for my part in our last action. So, I remain a mercenary - because that is all I can be in this. If Jarl Edwardo can steer us through Marches politics then that will certainly help matters”.
Keven wrote: He looks directly at Sigrun. "And I mean that 'Sword Worlds neckbreaker' in a good way. All we had to do was tidy up after you blew through them."
Then Sigrun flashes a bright and unrepentant grin at Carlos’ compliment and she salutes him with her cup “Ja, I am very good at “neckbreaking”!” Smiling, she tactfully allows “True enough everyone did their part” but then laughs as she ruins her diplomacy with “but I still got to the bridge first! Skol!”

(OOC: It would appear that even boarding actions can be competitive in the mind of Sword Worlds Raiders! :roll: )
Player: Jonathan/Tiglath
Sigrun Volsung, 9B7886, Lt Commander, 3 terms, age 31
Gun Cbt 3 (Rifle 2, Pistol 1), Melee Cbt 1 (Axe), Pilot 1,
Gunnery 1, Vacc Suit 1, Zero G 1, Streetwise 1, Recon 1,
Electronics 0, Grav Vehicle 0
Enemy: Imperial Navy (Lunion) Ine Givar(?)

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#265 Post by Nuke66 »

"I suppose we have plenty of time in limbo." Edwardo says before sitting down to eat and enjoy some wine. "Tomorrow will be soon enough."

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#266 Post by Keven »

joertexas wrote:After dinner, Zaki helps clean the galley area, and then she steps over to Carlos. "When you're done, come to our cabin." She smiles winningly, snags a couple of cups from the galley, and disappears into their stateroom.
Carlos raises an eyebrow, wondering if she somehow got hurt in the fight, and why it took so long for it to 'hit' her. Worried, he finishes up, grabs his kaff, and heads into the cabin.
In The Marches:
Gunnery-1, JOAT-1, Mechanical-1, Navigation-3, Pilot-1, Slug Pistol-1, Vacc Suit-2. Blade.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#267 Post by joertexas »

Tiglath wrote:Then Sigrun flashes a bright and unrepentant grin at Carlos’ compliment and she salutes him with her cup “Ja, I am very good at “neckbreaking”!” Smiling, she tactfully allows “True enough everyone did their part” but then laughs as she ruins her diplomacy with “but I still got to the bridge first! Skol!”
Zaki laughs brightly. "Sigrun, we need to sit and talk soon. You seem to have led an eventful life."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#268 Post by joertexas »

Keven wrote:Carlos raises an eyebrow, wondering if she somehow got hurt in the fight, and why it took so long for it to 'hit' her. Worried, he finishes up, grabs his kaff, and heads into the cabin.
Zaki is standing in profile to the door next to the bed, which has been made into a double. Her shipsuit top is pulled down to her waist, and she holds a sports bra in her hands as she looks at him. She smiles at him, making no effort to cover herself. Then, noting his look, her gaze turns questioning. "Is everything okay?"
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#269 Post by Keven »

joertexas wrote:
Keven wrote:Carlos raises an eyebrow, wondering if she somehow got hurt in the fight, and why it took so long for it to 'hit' her. Worried, he finishes up, grabs his kaff, and heads into the cabin.
Zaki is standing in profile to the door next to the bed, which has been made into a double. Her shipsuit top is pulled down to her waist, and she holds a sports bra in her hands as she looks at him. She smiles at him, making no effort to cover herself. Then, noting his look, her gaze turns questioning. "Is everything okay?"
Carlos closes the door quietly behind him then turns and drinks the sight of her in. Finally, he says even more quietly, voice near to breaking, "Are you sure you're ready for this, dear? We haven't had our fourth date..."
In The Marches:

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#270 Post by joertexas »

Keven wrote:Carlos closes the door quietly behind him then turns and drinks the sight of her in. Finally, he says even more quietly, voice near to breaking, "Are you sure you're ready for this, dear? We haven't had our fourth date..."
Zaki smiles, slides her shipsuit to her knees, and sits on the bed. Her scars are the same as he remembers, since it was her habit to wear a two-piece outfit when she exercised. The hand-sized, shallow depression in her right hip was fully visible with her high cut panties, where it was partially hidden by her other outfit. "Well, we have shared a cabin for a week." She removes her boots, slides the suit down her legs, sets the boots aside, and folds the suit onto the side table. "Sigrun brought us some champagne," she points to the makeshift wine bucket and a pair of cups on the side table. "Would you like to pour it?"
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#271 Post by Keven »

joertexas wrote:
Keven wrote:Carlos closes the door quietly behind him then turns and drinks the sight of her in. Finally, he says even more quietly, voice near to breaking, "Are you sure you're ready for this, dear? We haven't had our fourth date..."
Zaki smiles, slides her shipsuit to her knees, and sits on the bed. Her scars are the same as he remembers, since it was her habit to wear a two-piece outfit when she exercised. The hand-sized, shallow depression in her right hip was fully visible with her high cut panties, where it was partially hidden by her other outfit. "Well, we have shared a cabin for a week." She removes her boots, slides the suit down her legs, sets the boots aside, and folds the suit onto the side table. "Sigrun brought us some champagne," she points to the makeshift wine bucket and a pair of cups on the side table. "Would you like to pour it?"
Carlos slowly turns away and fights the cork in the champagne, then pours two cups, bringing her one. He sits beside her, left arm protectively encircling her. "I seem to recall that this will be your first time. Let's take this slow, let's take this gentle, you set the pace." He clinks her cup with his. "To us. And to the Emperor, who brought us together."
In The Marches:

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#272 Post by joertexas »

Keven wrote:Carlos slowly turns away and fights the cork in the champagne, then pours two cups, bringing her one. He sits beside her, left arm protectively encircling her. "I seem to recall that this will be your first time. Let's take this slow, let's take this gentle, you set the pace." He clinks her cup with his. "To us. And to the Emperor, who brought us together."
"To us. And the Emperor." Zaki lifts her cup and gulps down the golden liquid in one long drink. She sets the cup on the table; it clatters against the surface until she releases it from her trembling hand. She turns to face Carlos. "This isn't something I do lightly. I'm not asking you to do anything you're not comfortable doing." Her gaze flicks away for a moment, and then she looks into his eyes. "Wherever you go, I want to go with you."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#273 Post by Keven »

joertexas wrote:
Keven wrote:Carlos slowly turns away and fights the cork in the champagne, then pours two cups, bringing her one. He sits beside her, left arm protectively encircling her. "I seem to recall that this will be your first time. Let's take this slow, let's take this gentle, you set the pace." He clinks her cup with his. "To us. And to the Emperor, who brought us together."
"To us. And the Emperor." Zaki lifts her cup and gulps down the golden liquid in one long drink. She sets the cup on the table; it clatters against the surface until she releases it from her trembling hand. She turns to face Carlos. "This isn't something I do lightly. I'm not asking you to do anything you're not comfortable doing." Her gaze flicks away for a moment, and then she looks into his eyes. "Wherever you go, I want to go with you."
Carlos leans in slowly to kiss her gently. "We haven't known each other long, but I can't imagine a time without you at my side. And I don't want to, either." He unzips his coveralls and slips out of them. He lays them on the floor, then takes her into his arms again, hugging gently, lowering her to the bed.
In The Marches:

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#274 Post by joertexas »

Keven wrote:Carlos leans in slowly to kiss her gently. "We haven't known each other long, but I can't imagine a time without you at my side. And I don't want to, either." He unzips his coveralls and slips out of them. He lays them on the floor, then takes her into his arms again, hugging gently, lowering her to the bed.
Zaki is shy at first, but then she quickly learns to guide him with touches and soft words. She has theoretical knowledge, but no practical experience.

Finally, their ardor sated, she curls up in his arms and sighs. "That was much better than I ever thought it could be, Carlos."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#275 Post by Keven »

joertexas wrote:
Keven wrote:Carlos leans in slowly to kiss her gently. "We haven't known each other long, but I can't imagine a time without you at my side. And I don't want to, either." He unzips his coveralls and slips out of them. He lays them on the floor, then takes her into his arms again, hugging gently, lowering her to the bed.
Zaki is shy at first, but then she quickly learns to guide him with touches and soft words. She has theoretical knowledge, but no practical experience.

Finally, their ardor sated, she curls up in his arms and sighs. "That was much better than I ever thought it could be, Carlos."
Carlos smiles and kisses her nose. "It gets better with practice, dear." He leans over out of bed and refills the cups, handing her one, cuddling her back up. Clinking them again, he says, "To practice."
In The Marches:

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#276 Post by joertexas »

[quote="Keven"Carlos smiles and kisses her nose. "It gets better with practice, dear." He leans over out of bed and refills the cups, handing her one, cuddling her back up. Clinking them again, he says, "To practice."[/quote]

"To practice," she responds, her eyes full of emotion. "Lots and lots of practice." She takes a drink and looks around the room for a moment. "I wonder if we will get to keep this ship." She leans over him to set her cup down, and then settles into his embrace again. "If they do, where would you want us to go next?"
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#277 Post by Keven »

joertexas wrote:
Keven wrote:Carlos smiles and kisses her nose. "It gets better with practice, dear." He leans over out of bed and refills the cups, handing her one, cuddling her back up. Clinking them again, he says, "To practice."
"To practice," she responds, her eyes full of emotion. "Lots and lots of practice." She takes a drink and looks around the room for a moment. "I wonder if we will get to keep this ship." She leans over him to set her cup down, and then settles into his embrace again. "If they do, where would you want us to go next?"
Carlos gently brushes the hair from her eyes and strokes it. "Depends on if they can find the original owners, I think. And how long it will take the squirrels to release it. We could get it if Mr Suit pushes for it, though I'd rather get something with longer legs. This one will only do J2, and it'll take a lot of work and folding to make that happen. Best bet is, if we get it, fix it a bit, flush it to the next one on the food chain, get something better." He idly strokes her hair some more. "Where to go next... Dunno. Guess we can talk it over with Eduardo, see if he can keep kachinging up the folding. Nice to have folding. I'm wondering if the locals we picked up will want to come with. What do you think, dear?"
In The Marches:

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#278 Post by joertexas »

Keven wrote:Carlos gently brushes the hair from her eyes and strokes it. "Depends on if they can find the original owners, I think. And how long it will take the squirrels to release it. We could get it if Mr Suit pushes for it, though I'd rather get something with longer legs. This one will only do J2, and it'll take a lot of work and folding to make that happen. Best bet is, if we get it, fix it a bit, flush it to the next one on the food chain, get something better." He idly strokes her hair some more. "Where to go next... Dunno. Guess we can talk it over with Eduardo, see if he can keep kachinging up the folding. Nice to have folding. I'm wondering if the locals we picked up will want to come with. What do you think, dear?"
Zaki closes her eyes to savor his touch. The feeling of his fingers in her hair was strangely thrilling, especially when he tugged at it. She pushes that thought to the background, and focuses on what he is saying. "I have no experience with small starships, but I've read a little about them over the past couple of weeks. From what I've read, I think you have the right idea."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Keven
Ranger
Ranger

#279 Post by Keven »

joertexas wrote:
Keven wrote:Carlos gently brushes the hair from her eyes and strokes it. "Depends on if they can find the original owners, I think. And how long it will take the squirrels to release it. We could get it if Mr Suit pushes for it, though I'd rather get something with longer legs. This one will only do J2, and it'll take a lot of work and folding to make that happen. Best bet is, if we get it, fix it a bit, flush it to the next one on the food chain, get something better." He idly strokes her hair some more. "Where to go next... Dunno. Guess we can talk it over with Eduardo, see if he can keep kachinging up the folding. Nice to have folding. I'm wondering if the locals we picked up will want to come with. What do you think, dear?"
Zaki closes her eyes to savor his touch. The feeling of his fingers in her hair was strangely thrilling, especially when he tugged at it. She pushes that thought to the background, and focuses on what he is saying. "I have no experience with small starships, but I've read a little about them over the past couple of weeks. From what I've read, I think you have the right idea."
Carlos adds, "Small boats are alright. Cheap to run, cheap to get ahold of. We could use a bigger one, though, if we want to do the Daibei run. A 6 or 800 dtonner would be better. More room, for one thing. More space for things like life support spares. It is not fun to breathe toxic air. We had that problem in the old Serpent class couriers. After 12 weeks, if you didn't flush out the life support, it could kill you." He strokes her hair some more, gently working out a small knot, remembering a time back in the day. "Damned khest'n low bid contractors..."
In The Marches:

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#280 Post by joertexas »

Keven wrote:Carlos adds, "Small boats are alright. Cheap to run, cheap to get ahold of. We could use a bigger one, though, if we want to do the Daibei run. A 6 or 800 dtonner would be better. More room, for one thing. More space for things like life support spares. It is not fun to breathe toxic air. We had that problem in the old Serpent class couriers. After 12 weeks, if you didn't flush out the life support, it could kill you." He strokes her hair some more, gently working out a small knot, remembering a time back in the day. "Damned khest'n low bid contractors..."
Zaki takes a breath and focuses on what her lover is saying, while the reality of this moment stokes the heat in her belly. "There has to be a breakeven point; what we can run and maintain, and what we can reasonably purchase." The blonde rises up on her knees, gently plucks the glass from his hands, and presses gently on his chest. "Lie back." When Carlos complies, Zaki swings her leg over his, straddling him. A shadow of pain crosses her face as her damaged hip protests, but she drives it back. There were more pressing matters to consider, and she set about doing some of those things with a loving smile on her face.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

Return to “In the Marches (Traveller)”