B S Here (II)

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

Re: B S Here (II)

#262 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Truly sorry on the delays everyone!

I have been absolutely slammed with RL stuff for the last few days.

I will get a post up by tomorrow night.

ChubbyPixie
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#263 Post by ChubbyPixie »

Bluehorse wrote:Ditto :) I am just worried we are going to spend the next 4 weeks planning this up and it will literally be next year before it fails. I kinda want to just take a crack at it at this point and hope the dice are mercuful. We have the net, the hooks, the acid, all the able bodies and their talents/skills on deck, and the pikes to pincushion him in. As far as D&D goes, we are as ready as we can get short of trying to somehow recruit the Veggiemites to help.... NO ONE TRY THAT!!!!!!!
Well, we haven't planned for the space laser yet. That would make it foolproof. :) Think "Akira."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#264 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Sorry BH, you cant make someone proficient with a weapon by showing them a few tips in one afternoon, especially if you aren't proficient with it yourself. Any attacks with pikes and harpoons will use the non-proficient minuses to hit based on your class. (unless you are actually proficient with those weapons)

The ideas for the net are great so far, but there is no need to over engineer the thing.

If you get the waterside ropes slung over some high branches, that will be enough to flip the net over the things head with a minimum of 2 strong people pulling on them.

Like with the sharpened log trap, any plan will have a chance at failure due to plain ol' luck. The better the plan, the better chance of success.

Again, I will likely leave it up to the dice to determine how well it works overall. But it sounds like a pretty tight plan to me so far, so the percentage will be in the groups favor.

All we need to do now is to figure out how you plan to lure it across the net.

Again, any player running 2 characters at once cant have them adventuring together. I think that is why Sir O has Jax departing the scene if I'm not mistaken.

I will get a reply post up in that thread today. Then we can advance along to the morning if there are no other actions you want to make before we set this plan into motion.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#265 Post by ravenn4544 »

OGRE MAGE wrote:
Marge seems inclined to think that the net will actually work fairly well. She hears Saracens concerns about the possibility of the troll currently watching them while they work.....
I know that some of you don’t read the other threads, so I will bring this one up again. I almost always add little clues in my text that pertain to the current situation. If you ever have concerns about certain things, sometimes your questions can be answered just by re-reading the initial posts. For instance:
OGRE MAGE wrote: Leaving the river just as it was, the group departs. Jaxsen notices the bloated ogre carcass drifting further out to sea each time he looks back. Then, after another short while passes, he hears some distant splashing and slapping on the top of the water. When he turns to look, he watches the bloated form eventually disappear below the surface for good.
An astute player might read into that and discern that the troll is currently not in your area. I aint typing all this stuff out for my health here folks! :lol:
I have a sudden urge to pay closer attention to what is posted. ;)

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#266 Post by OGRE MAGE »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#267 Post by SirOwen »

I saw it, I saw it.... But Jax did not actually SEE Scraggly, and better too let them think he's nearby and be wrong, than to let them think he is far away and be wrong. :|
"There is no spoon."

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#268 Post by SirOwen »

As for Jax leaving the area of the hunt, in addition to MY not wanting him to stay too close to Avaala, Jax heard the company say that the actual trap was to be sprung the following morning. NO WAY was he going to stay in those clothes, and covered with that dead ogre stench, all night long.
"There is no spoon."

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#271 Post by tkrexx »

Lightfinger inhales deeply.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#272 Post by Bluehorse »

SirOwen wrote:Avaala
(How are the acid grenades divided up? At this level, we have pretty similar attack matrices and Avaala has a 16 DEX.)
17 DEX for MMM. (Sounds like a wrestler, now that I think of it...) How many did we make? I never caught that. Monocar is pretty well balanced to help with anything STR or DEX. Certainly, he is the tank of the group I think despite the consequences of the last encounter with the troll. He will be good wherever you want to put him, but once the troll is in the net, you can bet he will want to secure the net ASAP to get a chance at doing some damage no matter what. Grenades, pikes, or anything else he can manage.

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#273 Post by SirOwen »

Six sets, I think. We had a dozen bottles, and it takes two for each grenade.
"There is no spoon."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#274 Post by OGRE MAGE »

You were able to make 6 macramé sets of the double bottled grenades, but there wasn't enough beetle juice to fill them all of the way up.

The unfilled bottles wont do as much damage, but there will be more of them to throw.

If you want to make 4 sets of them at full strength instead, I will allow that.

Are we any closer to figuring out how to lure the troll to the trap?

I have an idea on that, but I don't think you will like it much. :twisted: :lol:

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#275 Post by Urson »

I already don't like it....
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#276 Post by Bluehorse »

So what we are going to do, is tie one of the ropes with a hook to the end of one of the pikes, when LF isn't looking we're going to shove the hook up.... and then we are going to cast him out there and see what comes of it. :D

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#277 Post by SirOwen »

Well.... we HAVE been defining this role as "Bait"!
"There is no spoon."

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#278 Post by SirOwen »

Damn, Monocar's got a lot of... stuff.... going on in that Size 15 head of his.
"There is no spoon."

Return to “Completed Missions”