Action Thread 15

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

Re: Action Thread 15

#121 Post by Alethan »

dmw71 wrote:
Alethan wrote:The odds were forever NOT in our favor this round. 9 attacks and 8 misses? Gah.
I think you used up all the good roles in my game. :roll:
SHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhh...

(Those were some awesome rolls, though, weren't they? I just wish I would have pegged that last guy, too.)
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

ToniXX
Site Admin
Site Admin

#122 Post by ToniXX »

Bruard remains behind Yosef, gripping his mace tighter, ready to attack when he can.
"Sir, our research shows that the bird is equal to or greater than the word."

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#123 Post by rredmond »

Day 19 – 9:32 a

The two fighters are able to take attacks before the rats, but while the elf cannot take advantage, the half-orc is able to hit with one of her two attacks, nicely killing one of the rats in front of her. At this point two rats head over to Till to attack and three continue the assault on Jeloon. The two must’ve messed up their balance moving because neither is able to connect with Till. But of the three rats on Jeloon, one of them is adept enough to get past her armor and shield protection causing a mere 1HP of damage, but a Saving Throw versus poison is yet again needed.

Yosef meanwhile, a second stab at the rats being fruitless, is beset by four of the creatures. And one of them is able to get through the elf’s protections. He also takes 1HP of damage, but also requires a Saving Throw versus poison.

A last swipe by Yosef, and attacks from Till come to naught. But the last two attacks from the half-orc are ferocious and she is able to dice two more rats to bits. And yet the rights seem intent on fighting on.
Picture1.gif
Picture1.gif (85.91 KiB) Viewed 1096 times
Initiative is needed again. Jeloon and Yosef will act outside of initiative as they still get their multiple attacks (Jeloon has four, Yosef three). Bruard still cannot do much for melee. Yosef will still have to attack at a -2. Jeloon and Yosef need to make one saving throw each.

[/b]HPs: Jeloon - 23/29; Till - 36/36; Yosef - 8/10; Bruard - 16/19
WIH: Till: short sword (15' radius light); Jeloon: Longsword (20' radius light), shield; Yosef: bow and arrow; Bruard: Mace, shield; Van: +1 ogre spear, shield; Eyman: +1 Battle Axe, shield
MO: 1- Till (on ground); 2- Jeloon (on ground); 3- Bruard (opp side of wall) & Eyman; 4- Ancor, Rosin, DAMs; 54 - Yosef (on wall); 5 - Van (on wall)
Consumables: Lantern - (Till) 2 hours, 25 minutes left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 58 minutes (off), 40' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (off), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Yosef: 1-2/2, 2-1/1; Bruard: 1-5/5, 2-4/4

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#124 Post by Alethan »

dmw71
POWAH!
POWAH!

#125 Post by dmw71 »

Jeloon howls in frustration as another rat manages to land a bite against her.
Poison save (13): [1d20] = 4

Realizing her health may soon be compromised, she is even more determined to be rid of these nuisances as quickly as possible, focusing on the rats immediately in her range before moving on to assist Yosef:
+1 Longsword (vs. s/m) [1d20+2] = 5+2 = 7 [1d8+3] = 4+3 = 7
+1 Longsword (vs. s/m) [1d20+2] = 13+2 = 15 [1d8+3] = 2+3 = 5
+1 Longsword (vs. s/m) [1d20+2] = 16+2 = 18 [1d8+3] = 2+3 = 5
+1 Longsword (vs. s/m) [1d20+2] = 3+2 = 5 [1d8+3] = 1+3 = 4
-- Project --
Playtest: Untitled Project (1e)
-- DM --
Greyhawk Campaign: Sandbox (1e)
(Status: Archived)

Argennian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#126 Post by Argennian »

Yosef not only again sees one of the giant rats make its way past his swinging arc of cold steel but feels its dirty teeth sink past his chain armor and bite into him...

Saving Throw (want to roll high!) [1d20] = 6 (needed 13 or better)

Hoping that the power of Melissa's magical ointment is still working, the elf continues swinging his longsword with even more adrenaline-fueled desperation!

To Hit: Longsword [1d20+1] = 2+1 = 3 (miss), Damage: sm/med sized creatures [1d8] = 3

To Hit: Longsword [1d20+1] = 8+1 = 9 (hits AC9), Damage: sm/med sized creatures [1d8] = 3

To Hit: Longsword [1d20+1] = 12+1 = 13 (hits AC5), Damage: sm/med sized creatures [1d8] = 4

OOC: :roll:
Yosef Travathas: High Elf Fighter4/Magic-User3 (rredmond's Pacesetter Games "Legacy of the Unknown" OSRIC Playtest)
Brok Sterling: Human Assassin3 (ToniXX's Incursion into Newiron OSRIC Playtest)
Tanik Tremwoodak: Dwarf Cleric3 (Dave's 1e Skype Game)

DM: home-brew OSRIC "A New Hope to the West" campaign

Fireball... good!!

"What's it gonna take?"
"Everything."
tkrexx as Emm the Avenging Druid wrote:I shall burn you, and I shall sink your petty warship with fire and lightning, and the ocean shall swallow it and all aboard, and no one will remember any of you!

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#127 Post by rredmond »

Day 19 – 9:33 a

Not ignoring you Greg, :) , it’s just that there’s not much Bruard can do!

By some luck the two fighters don’t seem to be feeling any after-effects of the fangs as before. And battle rages on. The fighters, of course go first, but this round the party seems faster than the rats.

Again the half orc’s first swing misses, but the back swing makes up for it as she slices the last rat in front of her in half. Then she whirls around.

Josef, on the other hand, is fighting in tight quarters still and both of his first attacks miss.

Till unfortunately fares no better missing with both dagger and sword.

The rats, at this point, seem to rethink their strategy and retreat at full speed, down the tunnel leading east. As they take off Jeloon and Yosef are able to get off their last attacks, both able to kill a rat each. Which means four rats tear down that tunnel from the party, and 8 bloody rat corpses lie staining the floor of this intersection.

HPs: Jeloon - 23/29; Till - 36/36; Yosef - 8/10; Bruard - 16/19
WIH: Till: short sword (15' radius light); Jeloon: Longsword (20' radius light), shield; Yosef: bow and arrow; Bruard: Mace, shield; Van: +1 ogre spear, shield; Eyman: +1 Battle Axe, shield
MO: 1- Till (on ground); 2- Jeloon (on ground); 3- Bruard (opp side of wall) & Eyman; 4- Ancor, Rosin, DAMs; 54 - Yosef (on wall); 5 - Van (on wall)
Consumables: Lantern - (Till) 2 hours, 25 minutes left (off), 30' radius; Torch, 58 minutes (off), 40' radius; Torch, 60 minutes (off), 40' radius.
--------Spells: Yosef: 1-2/2, 2-1/1; Bruard: 1-5/5, 2-4/4

This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#128 Post by Alethan »

If Till can still see them, he'll quickly whip out his sling and fire a shot off at the retreating rats.

To Hit, Sling [1d20+6] = 5+6 = 11

(*sigh* Damn you, Gwilt... )

"Anyone injured badly? If not, we need to press the attack, I think. We just don't want to be wreckless and step blindly into some kind of trap..."

He puts his sling away and once again readies short sword and dagger...

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#129 Post by rredmond »

Gonna have to find out who this Gwilt guy is... and thank him! ;)

New thread begins here: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1261

Just wanted to throw out a map for ya as you deliberate on your next move.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#130 Post by Alethan »

rredmond wrote:Gonna have to find out who this Gwilt guy is... and thank him! ;)
viewtopic.php?p=15994#p15994

Return to “Legacy of the Unknown - Pacesetter Games Playtest (OSRIC module)”