Part 11 - Back in the Village

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Part 11 - Back in the Village

#1 Post by greyarea »

The party returns to Hommlet. Dusk is nearing and the shadows are long.

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Effric 13/13 <5,3,1>
--Calthas 18/18
Tavin 9/9 < CLW >
--Odo Bracegirdle 14/14
Calmert 14/14 <0/3/friends>
--Thurwin 13/13 <, >
Bror Troll-Hunter 12/12

Sean 13/19

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Part 11 - Back in the Village

#2 Post by Zhym »

Odo is morose on the way back to the village. Poison is not a pretty way to die. Not that there are many pretty ways to die.

"If we pooled our loot, do you suppose we might have a sizeable enough donation to convince a cleric to raise poor Effric from the dead?" he asks.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#3 Post by spanningtree »

Tavin - Monk

I'll put whatever I can into the pot to help Effric. Let's see what the temple has to say.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#4 Post by badams30 »

Thurwin - Wizard

Thurwin nods in approval. "I've been generous in contributions to the church, and I'll continue to donate whatever it takes to get Effric back among the living. And we have good Calmert, who is undoubtedly in the graces of his patron church. Let's make haste before nightfall."

OOC: Let's go see what we can pull off. Poor Effric. We still need to snag a room at the inn and eventually see Biff and Bert or whatever their names are...

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#5 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Bror nods and says "Aye, it's tha least I can do."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#6 Post by connivingsumo »

Zhym wrote:Odo is morose on the way back to the village. Poison is not a pretty way to die. Not that there are many pretty ways to die.

"If we pooled our loot, do you suppose we might have a sizeable enough donation to convince a cleric to raise poor Effric from the dead?" he asks.
Calmert: Cleric

Calmert looks even more somber as he hears his companions discuss options for friend Effric, "My friends... the last thing I want to be is a voice of discouragement. I am not an expert of this region, but I know the Priesthood and Head Cleric, Terjon, well enough, and I'm afraid resurrection is beyond their means."

The Gnome looks equal parts embarrassed as fearful, "Perhaps the Druidic order, eh... Calmert fumbles for the name, "Jaroo, Jaroo Ashstaff, I believe.
I think if there is any hope for our dear friend Effric, it lies within his own order."

OOC: When Calmert gets to the room at the Inn, he will meditate and pray to refresh his depleted spells.
Last edited by connivingsumo on Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kwll
Ranger
Ranger

#7 Post by kwll »

Calthas will visit Jaroo to ask for his help, remembering that he used to go meet him with Effric in the past.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#8 Post by greyarea »

Calthas goes to visit Jaroo, and the rest of the party is assumed to follow as well given Calmert's news.

Jaroo looks at the body of the druid sadly. While I have the power to neutralize poison, I needed to have seen him quite some time ago. If you would like, we can bury him here in my Grove. I would very much like to plant a tree in his honor, directly above his heart, so that it brings forth his essence into the world.

The party is saddened to hear this and heads to the Inn of the Welcome Wench, where they are greeted heartily by Ostler who, upon hearing news of the druid's passing buys a round or three for the party. As my uncle used to say, ain't nothing so wrong with you that a good ale won't fix. Too bad it was that druid feller. I liked him. It shoulda been that wacky follower or Zayag you had with you earlier.

Rooms are purchased and spells are recovered.

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
--Calthas 18/18
Tavin 9/9 < CLW >
--Odo Bracegirdle 14/14
Calmert 14/14 <0/3/friends>
--Thurwin 13/13 <, >
Bror Troll-Hunter 12/12

Sean 13/19

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by Zhym »

"A nice sentiment," says Odo sadly, "but I'm afraid a good ale won't do help our dead friend much at all." Still, the hobbit drinks.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#10 Post by spanningtree »

Tavin - Monk

You will be missed my friend. Tavin will say to Effric's body before following his comrades.

Yes, maybe an ale will help a bit.

kwll
Ranger
Ranger

#11 Post by kwll »

Calthas helps to bury his friend, and plant the tree. He does not have the heart to drink, so he stays near Jaroo's place in the forest to meditate. As elves do sometimes.

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#12 Post by greyarea »

While the party commiserates in the Inn, a new comer arrives and asks Ostler for a drink.

Welcome back Merias. Beware what you quaff. :)

merias
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#13 Post by merias »

A solidly-built Half-Elf with long black hair and beard (perhaps a bit more Human than Elf) examines his surroundings as he waits for his drink. The head of an axe secured to his back sticks up over his head. The handle is worn smooth, it has seen some use. His eyes settle on the party and their long faces. "Is it always so gloomy in these parts?" he asks.

merias
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#14 Post by merias »

Welcome back Merias. Beware what you quaff. :)
:lol:

GreyWolfVT

#15 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Bror downs the drink and says "To Effric in his honor." then orders another ale and downs it.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#16 Post by badams30 »

Thurwin - Wizard

Thurwin, feeling quite somber due to our loss, uncharacteristically decides to drown his sorrows. He thanks Ostler for his hospitality and empties his pouch on the counter (50GP - deducted) and says "please - a round of the best for the establishment, for our missing friends."

He catches sight of the half elf and motions for him to have a drink. "Hello there. Join us, we are drinking to our fallen comrade, struck down in our ongoing struggle against the forces of evil. I am Thurwin, a humble wizard - and who are you, my good man?"

OOC: Thurwin will happily drop as much coin as needed (up to another 50GP) to keep the party going. Once he's recovered from his festivities, he plans on visiting Burne and Rufus to give them an update on our progress, and see if they've learned anything on their own, or from interrogating our prisoners, and to give some coin to the temple. (we also need to divvy our loot.. to make it easier, I motion to just give it all to me.)

merias
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#17 Post by merias »

Zef moves to the table. "Greetings. I am Zef, new to these parts but always looking for allies in the battle against evil. I am sorry to hear about your friend, let us drink and you can tell me stories of his deeds."

kwll
Ranger
Ranger

#18 Post by kwll »

When Calthas comes back to the inn, he is not in a good mood. He reluctantly takes a mug to drink and, seeing the new comer, addresses him bluntly: "Hi, half-breed. We could use your contribution to battle against evil, as you say. But not everybody has the same notion of what is or is not evil...".

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#19 Post by spanningtree »

Tavin - Monk

Yes, please sit. Gesturing at a stool. Evil is cut and dry in my learning, and yes, we have found a great den of it.... we recently lost a companion in en-devour to combat evil. Would you like to take up his and our quest as well?

GreyWolfVT

#20 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Bror hails Zef "Greetin's Zef, come join us an have a drink."

Return to “Enter the World of Greyhawk (LL/AEC)”