On the island: Exploring the southern trail

SocraticLawyer
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: On the island: Exploring the southern trail

#401 Post by SocraticLawyer »

Ulrich quickly and quietly puts away his glowing coin. He keeps a firm grip on his mace.
How do we know you're not a donkey-brained man?

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#402 Post by Nuke66 »

Lauranna makes sure she is away from the coin.

"I am here. make a plan, I will make first strike" a voice comes from nothingness

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#403 Post by tkrexx »

Emm hears the voice she knows so well, and can't contain a muddy smile, but her disciplined mind offers only what her dear friend asked. I can burn some of them, perhaps many of them. Boil them inside their armor, at least 5 of them. 5 more can be set ablaze with the Fire of the Faerie, making them easier targets. Her black eyes dart amongst those present. My most powerful fire may envelope us all, and our protection enchantments will certainly be rendered inert shortly. We need to decide, if we plan to employ it, it must be soon.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#405 Post by Alethan »

Bog shakes his head, "Its a bad place for a fight, that room. One small opening into the room prevents them from bringing all to the fight, but it prevents us from doing the same, as well. Better if we can lure them into the passage between the opening and the dead carrion creature. But I fear we need to silence that robed man first, in case he is a caster. Or maybe we could leave the silence stone where it is. If we can lure them there, then we have the advantage. They cannot communicate with each other. They cannot cast spells that must be spoken or use infernal wands requiring a magical word."

He pauses, a thought flashing in his mind, "But keep in mind, they have no place to retreat to. They will be desperate, and that's never a trait you want in your enemy for it makes them do stupid things."

He nods at Emm, "Lets lure them out by cooking them alive in their armour. Focus on the hobgoblins, if you can. Or maybe the ogre and the hobs. Then we replace the stone and you retreat back here where we can set a line. Lauranna, maybe you can hide by the hole and wait for the moment to strike the robed one from behind."
Dragon foot. Bamboo pole. Little mouse. Tiny boy.

SocraticLawyer
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#406 Post by SocraticLawyer »

Ulrich nods in agreement with the plan. He whispers a quick prayer to Moradin before hefting his mace and shield.
How do we know you're not a donkey-brained man?

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#407 Post by tkrexx »

Emm also nods. The robed one, may I understand he is not our quarry? This is strange. Her thoughts wander a moment, then she continues. He will be the last to follow, perhaps not at all. For a short time I will be their target. If for some reason I am unable to complete my prayer, I will retreat immediately.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#408 Post by Alethan »

"What do you mean? Not our quarry? Yes, he certainly is. I do not know what he wears under his robes, however, so no, I don't think he should be a target of your spell." Bog replies.

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#409 Post by Nuke66 »

"He is my target with my blade, spells can follow, but I will get a stab in." A voice comes in from the darkness

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#410 Post by tkrexx »

I agree to this, Emm is satisfied with the knowledge brought forth by her friends in the know. Her purpose is set before her.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#411 Post by Alethan »

Bog nods, hoping everyone is clear with the plan.

"Emm, I'll keep the silenced stone back here by the entrance so you can cast your spell from the passageway. As soon as I see you heading this way, I'll moveforward to intercept, with the stone in my pocket. So the silence will stay on me. If you need to cast a spell, move away from me. Lauranna, move into place before Emm does her thing. Everyone else, get ready for a fight. Bring your best to this one; we're gonna need it."

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#412 Post by tkrexx »

Emm again nods affirmation. I will step ahead when I hear the bastard scream and begin scalding. It will take a minute or 2 for the magic to effect, tho. In that time you can take the lead. I'll follow up with the Fire of the Faerie.

Who is NOT protected from fire?

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#413 Post by Alethan »

OOC: I don't know if Bog is...

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#415 Post by tkrexx »

I only ask because Emm could toss a gem or 2 from her necklace and possibly wipe out anything with less than 4 HD. Ain't gonna do it if allies are in the line of fire.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#416 Post by Alethan »

Oh! Well, we could leave the cave for a second if that's what you had in mind. Would certainly help get rid of the numerous orcs and hobs and leave an ogre and a robed human.

Alethan
POWAH!
POWAH!

#418 Post by Alethan »

Nuke66 wrote:What is the effect of the Necklace of Missiles?
They're just like fireballs, right? So like the spell, but adjusted according to the HD of the bead you're throwing. Or is this a different sort of necklace?

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#419 Post by tkrexx »

The same.

Return to “A New Hope to the West”