Ch. 2: Highway to Hell?

Zhym
ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Ch. 2: Highway to Hell?

#241 Post by ravenn4544 »

Malibran looks uncertain at the suggestion, "Good question, Master Shadow. The mind that would have created that macabre boat holder could likely create any manner of foul constructs. Caution and mindfulness is my only suggestion...It does provide a seemingly obvious solution to the water obstacle. With that in mind I'm very suspicious. If we can't cross another way, it's then a matter of wading or swimming through this muck or taking a chance on the skeletons and the boats. What does your experience suggest?"

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#242 Post by Urson »

Tanner

Tanner has been quiet, seeming a bit distracted. He shakes himself, seeming to come back to reality.Sorry, friends. I saw a thing similar to this statue years ago, in a bizarre underground complex with metal walls... but that one was alive, and trying to eat us.

He walks carefully to the edge of the water. Let me try one other thing. He removes his 10' pole from the sling on his back, assembles it, and lets it down into the water at one side of the platform. He holds it, and walks the length of the platform with the pole in the water I'd guess the pole will reach 7' down in the water ,looking for any obstacles or submerged walkways.

Sorry, folks- weird times for me.
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#243 Post by Zhym »

Mid-cycle update so you have more information:

Tanner dips his, er, pole into the murky water. He lowers it as far as he can without striking anything.

Scott308
Guy Who Gamed With The Famous People

#244 Post by Scott308 »

Risdac Egargi

Risdac will Light more arrows for Rool.
Sometimes this summer I will most likely be participating in another 24 hour game of Dungeons & Dragons as part of Extra Life. This organization uses gaming to help raise money to donate to children's hospitals. I'm raising money for Marshfield Children's Hospital in Marshfield, WI, and all money I raise will go to that hospital. All donations are tax-deductible. Please take a moment to check out my donation page below. Thank you.

https://www.extra-life.org/participant/Scott Peterson

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#245 Post by Zhym »

It's a festival of spell effects!

Odilo's levitation goes off without a hitch. One of Risdac's arrow lighting does, too. The other...not. He taps the end of his staff to an arrowhead to light it, just as he had lit the other two. The arrowhead splits and blooms into a little metal flower, which shifts and morphs into a tiny, brightly lit lantern hanging from the arrow shaft.

The arrow will probably still fly, as long as you aren't too concerned about accuracy.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#246 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Odilo after all the arrow firing will test levitating above the water again only staying 4 inches above the water's surface.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#247 Post by Inferno »

The Unseen Servant:
ravenn4544 wrote:Malibran
"...What does your experience suggest?"
"That depends, my friend," the monk answers serenely. "...on whether or not you think the dead in Hell can be turned."
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun

DM bio is here.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#248 Post by ravenn4544 »

Malibran, usually confident in his position and direction, stops and considers that statement. "Master Shadow, that is indeed an insightful question. If the dead are part of the fundamental make-up of this 'existence' how could the Light indeed turn them? Where would we turn them 'too'? An ideological challenge that, I must admit, have not yet come across in my service of Pholtus...."

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#249 Post by Norjax »

Rool Diov, Crime Boss

Rool looks at the morphed arrowhead and acknowledges, “Perhaps Master Sensei is correct.”

He fires the flower-head arrow along the starboard wall and the regular, illuminated arrow along the port wall, forward and into the darkness.

Rool will fire the arrows parallel to the walls, offset approximately 10 foot.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#250 Post by Urson »

Tanner
Tanner lifts the pole far enough to make sure he won't accidentally drop it and begins his probing.

Would turning the undead in Hell at least 'turn them away' from us? I personally wouldn't care if they left, so long as they stop attacking.
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#251 Post by Zhym »

Odilo levitates a few inches above the water. Tanner continues prodding with his pole, but the water seems to be deeper than his pole will reach.

Rool fires the lit arrow and the lantern-arrow down the sides of the chamber. Each arrow sails a hundred feet before smashing into a stone wall and falling into the water. The arrows briefly illuminate two more passages heading north, each branching away from the watery room in which you currently stand.
Map.png
Map.png (91.34 KiB) Viewed 258 times
Dark gray portion is unlit and from memory only.
-----
Status: Malibran (H LG C20[13](Pholtus)): 90/90; Khogeki (H LN M17): 78/78; Odilo (1/2E NG MU17): 54/54; Xale (D NG C14[9](Dalt)/F13): 75/75; Risdac (Giant NG MU17): 52/58; Tanner (H CG F19): 107/107; Rool (H LN T20): 85/85; Hallagad (H LG P15(Pelor)): 93/93
Effects: None
Light Sources: Continual light coin (Rool); Levitate (Odilo): 7 turns.

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#252 Post by Inferno »

Unseen Servant, master of spring:

While the passive sensei waits for a decision to present itself, he softly pads back to the speaking tube and silently listens at it.
Thanks for the idea, Raven.
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun

DM bio is here.

GreyWolfVT

#253 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Odilo levitates forward in a straight line heading for the unlit area and lands just south of the number 8 on the map in the brickish looking area.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#254 Post by AleBelly »

Hallagad sighs. "I suppose it's back to the boats. It's too deep to wade."

GreyWolfVT

#255 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Odilo "Bah I forget the limitations of this damned spell someone would have to push me forward otherwise all i do is float in place or go up and down with this damned thing. Can someone pull me back by my robe so i can land on dry floor?"

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#256 Post by ravenn4544 »

Malibran raises an eyebrow and extends his mace over the water for Odilo to grab onto.

Norjax
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#257 Post by Norjax »

Rool Diov, Rouge

Rool joins the monk at the snake sculpture. He listens, while the others are in the room containing the foul water, to see if he hears their voices traveling up the tube. If he doesn’t hear anything, he will go to the other room (alone) and listen at the second sculpture.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#258 Post by Zhym »

Malibran holds out his mace. Odilo grabs it and pulls himself back over the slimy ledge.

Rool and the Master of Spring press their ears against the fanged open mouths of the snake sculptures. They hear nothing at either sculpture.

-----
Status: Malibran (H LG C20[13](Pholtus)): 90/90; Khogeki (H LN M17): 78/78; Odilo (1/2E NG MU17): 54/54; Xale (D NG C14[9](Dalt)/F13): 75/75; Risdac (Giant NG MU17): 52/58; Tanner (H CG F19): 107/107; Rool (H LN T20): 85/85; Hallagad (H LG P15(Pelor)): 93/93
Effects: None
Light Sources: Continual light coin (Rool); Levitate (Odilo): 6 turns.

max_vale
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#259 Post by max_vale »

Xale Mav; Dwarven Warrior-Priest of Dalt

Xale has been silent and contemplative for a long time. Now he just shrugged and said; "I'd vote for taking the boast and going down the central channel, but I will go with the group in any direction".

GreyWolfVT

#260 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Odilo ends his levitation spell "Thank you Malibran. Now lets go see about those boats...since clearly I was not prepared for this inter-dimensional space in this magical boat." clearly sounding agitated for his lack of preparedness.

Return to “A Paladin in Hell (AD&D 1e)”