Kicking off

ffilz
Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

Re: Kicking off

#41 Post by Ramona »

http://juliahwest.com/Traveller/Peter_V ... p_list.pdf

Does this list help? Can we have a generic, 500cr worth of clothes kind of thing or should we assume as fully grown adults we have a wardrobe of sorts that simply exists? Btw, in the thoughts of raising cash what’s the going rate for selling off Low / Mid / High passages as Wen seems determined to put some of us in the poor house. :D

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#42 Post by ffilz »

Ramona wrote:http://juliahwest.com/Traveller/Peter_V ... p_list.pdf

Does this list help? Can we have a generic, 500cr worth of clothes kind of thing or should we assume as fully grown adults we have a wardrobe of sorts that simply exists? Btw, in the thoughts of raising cash what’s the going rate for selling off Low / Mid / High passages as Wen seems determined to put some of us in the poor house. :D
The consolidated equipment list is sort of helpful... Check with me on anything that isn't in CT Bk1-3, TTB (subject to notes in my house rules), or in my house rules. Someday I need to make a consolidated price list for the sources I am using. If you wish to purchase vehicles, note the 1981 price reductions...

Low passage may be traded for 900 cr, Mid passage for 7200 cr, and High for 9000 cr (per the rules).

Also, I will try and double check once all the PCs are up, but if you used the online chargen, and you let it pick vehicle and weapon cascades, feel free to sanity check them, especially if you want to change to a weapon you get advantageous STR/DEX DM with rather than disadvantageous...

Frank
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#43 Post by ffilz »

Oh, and you muster out with a decent kit (duffel or suitcase, wardrobe and personal articles), you can decide if patches from your last posting are still on uniforms (probably so for ex-military, maybe not for ex-merchant). Note the smartphone included in your personal articles per my house rules. Feel free to decide what "decent" means (a penniless Other might well have not much more than the clothes on their back and the few credits they mustered out with). Consider your social standing also in what your kit includes.
Dr. Samuel Linkletter 6AAB83, Age 30, Doctor, 3 Terms. Medical-3, Blade Cbt-1, Streetwise-1, Mechanical (Cloth)-1, Scholar-2, Mechanical (Metal)-0, Mechanical (Wood)-0, Mechanical (Stone)-0, Mechanical (Machinery)-0, Admin-0, Pistol-0
Matsumoto Senichi Iuichi Unicorn Shugenja, Rank 1, Glory: 2;0, Honor: 3;6, XP: 5, FIRE 3 // Agility 3 / Intelligence 3, AIR 2 // Reflexes 2 / Aware 3, WATER 3 // Strength 3 / Perc 3, EARTH 2 // Stamina 2 / Will 2, VOID 2,
Calligraphy (Per) 1, Defense (Agil) 1, Herbalism (Int) 1, Horsemanship (Awar/Agil) 1, Hunting (Per) 1, Meditation (Void) 1, Kenjitsu (Agil) 1
Giotto Lombardi 856994 Age 26 (2 Terms) Electonics-1, Vacc Suit-0, Computer-1, Bribery-1, Shotgun-0, Cr 1000, Shotgun

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#44 Post by Ramona »

I added some gear to the roll up page, some things that made sense for a retired officer, dress sword, service sidearm, uniforms... added in some tools and such. Going to have to sell my passages if I want to afford a vac suit.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#45 Post by ffilz »

If you haven't been watching the rollups thread, I have posted a consolidated price list here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SqE ... sp=sharing

I may add to it from time to time, I do still need to add the drugs from Book 2. If there's anything from another edition or other Traveller material you wanted, just ask me and we can have a conversation about how it might fit in.

Frank

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#46 Post by Eris »

Andy listens to the others and then says, "These Articles of Agreement look okay to me. I can put in the 20 thousand...it'll be tight, but I can do it. As for certifications, I've got a Level 2 in Engineering and Level 1 in Electronics, so I can handle engineering duties. I've also got a Level 4 in Navigation and Level 1 in Piloting, so I can work on the bridge, too."

"Level 4 in Nav?" Wen raises his eyebrows.

Andy shrugs, "Yeah, Level 4. I prefer Engineering, but it seems I'm a wizard at navigation."
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#47 Post by Eris »

Andy has a revolver and shotgun (both from mustering out, I think) and ammo for both (how detailed on ammo do you want to be?). He has a vacc suit and cloth armor. Andy has an Electronic's Toolkit. Andy has a combo mask.

Wen has an auto pistol and a blade (blade from mustering out) with ammo for the pistol. He has a vacc suit and jack armor. Wen has a hand computer and a medium range communicator. Wen has a combo mask.
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee
Candles Against The Night, Jimi Woo; 38; 7B9BA9; Pilot-3, Comm-1, Broker-2, Admin-1, Streetwise-2, Steward-1, Computer-1, Vacc-1, Pistol-2, Cutlass-1; 60,000 lbC; AutoPistol, Cutlass, VaccSuit, HandComp.
Winedark Game: Merchant 1st Officer Antony "Andy" Sokolov, 787AA8, 46, 7 terms; Admin-1, Bribery-2, Electronics-1, Engineering-2, Navigation-4, Pilot-1, Revolver-1, Shotgun-1;Benefits: 8,000/yr, Cr50,000, Low Passage, Low Passage, Revolver, Shotgun

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#48 Post by ffilz »

Eris wrote:Andy listens to the others and then says, "These Articles of Agreement look okay to me. I can put in the 20 thousand...it'll be tight, but I can do it. As for certifications, I've got a Level 2 in Engineering and Level 1 in Electronics, so I can handle engineering duties. I've also got a Level 4 in Navigation and Level 1 in Piloting, so I can work on the bridge, too."

Andy shrugs, "Yeah, Level 4. I prefer Engineering, but it seems I'm a wizard at navigation."
Hmm, now you just need someone with Computer-3 and you could write the Generate program...

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#49 Post by ffilz »

Eris wrote:Andy has a revolver and shotgun (both from mustering out, I think) and ammo for both (how detailed on ammo do you want to be?). He has a vacc suit and cloth armor. Andy has an Electronic's Toolkit. Andy has a combo mask.

Wen has an auto pistol and a blade (blade from mustering out) with ammo for the pistol. He has a vacc suit and jack armor. Wen has a hand computer and a medium range communicator. Wen has a combo mask.
Yea, I see Andy has both weapons. Curious, I didn't think the generator produced multiple gun combat skills (or did you hand roll and just document in the format of the generator?). Anyway, I would allow a decent amount of ammunition as part of a mustering out benefit, 5-10 clips worth, at least one spare clip (or speed loader for the revolver - clips and speed loaders aren't actually individually priced, but I assume someone purchasing 10 clips worth of ammo isn't actually purchasing 10 clips, rather they are purchasing a box of ammo).

So for ammo, for small arms, none of it costs very much (other than laser recharges, but for ship crew those should be free, consider that the price of a "speed" charge purchased on-world if you ever need it). Here's my thought: purchase an initial ammo load. Unless you actually wind up broke and starving, we'll assume replacements fall into the small change bucket. If your initial budget is small, and you want to upgrade your ammo load, purchase a new set of ammo for the larger load. I.e. if you only could afford 1 or 2 clips after mustering out, and now you've made some money and want to upgrade to 5 or 10 clips, purchase 5 or 10 clips, and now your assumed reload each star port visit (at a world with suffficient TL) will not be tracked.

Frank

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#50 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote:Andy listens to the others and then says, "These Articles of Agreement look okay to me. I can put in the 20 thousand...it'll be tight, but I can do it. As for certifications, I've got a Level 2 in Engineering and Level 1 in Electronics, so I can handle engineering duties. I've also got a Level 4 in Navigation and Level 1 in Piloting, so I can work on the bridge, too."

"I can put in thirty thousand, if that's okay," Vee says.
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97
Slug Rifle- 3, Medicine-2, Tactics-2, Zero-G-2, Streetwise- 2

In the Marches
Zaki Shursila, 486B97, Army, Major, 3 terms, 31
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

coil23
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#51 Post by coil23 »

Manon Abe and Stefan Pérez have both been added to the google doc. Let me know if any of these plans below are not going to work. The articles look fine to my boys. They will probably buy-in with a lump sum each for ease of bookkeeping. Stefan starts w/ large funds but that's it- no retirement (he did not leave in good graces). Do we need to buy a vacc suit each in advance?

Manon Abe - shotgun (w/10 ammo clips), sawed-off double barrel shotgun for concealed carry (2 bandoliers of 50 shells each), 2 daggers, mechanical tools, electronic tools, combination mask, cloth
normal carry= shotgun w/1 clip in and 3 on belt; dagger in right boot, combination mask, cloth (worn)...sawed-off + 1 bandolier depending on the scene
crew role possibilities: can do electronics (3) and be back-up for repairs (mech-1) and pilot (1) and gunner (1)

Stefan Pérez - 9mm pistol w/15 clips ammo, dagger, combination mask, cloth, medical kit, medscanner
normal carry= 9mm pistol (shoulder holster, L side), dagger R hip, combination mask, cloth (worn)...med supplies only carried when expected to be needed
I gave Stefan a pistol and dagger to have something but he has no skills in them so will have to rely on JoaT and luck with using them
crew role possibilities: back-up medic

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#52 Post by Ramona »

joertexas wrote:"I can put in thirty thousand, if that's okay," Vee says.
Ana raises an eyebrow, “Thirty thousand? You must really be in a hurry to get off this rock.”

She takes a sip of her drink as the ground trembles from yet another distant explosion, “I mean before it turns into any more of a crap fest than it already is.”

Ana looks at Manon and Stefan as she pulls four 5,000cr chits out of her pocket and slides them across the table to Wen, “How about you two, you in or out?”

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#53 Post by ffilz »

coil23 wrote:Manon Abe and Stefan Pérez have both been added to the google doc. Let me know if any of these plans below are not going to work. The articles look fine to my boys. They will probably buy-in with a lump sum each for ease of bookkeeping. Stefan starts w/ large funds but that's it- no retirement (he did not leave in good graces). Do we need to buy a vacc suit each in advance?

Manon Abe - shotgun (w/10 ammo clips), sawed-off double barrel shotgun for concealed carry (2 bandoliers of 50 shells each), 2 daggers, mechanical tools, electronic tools, combination mask, cloth
normal carry= shotgun w/1 clip in and 3 on belt; dagger in right boot, combination mask, cloth (worn)...sawed-off + 1 bandolier depending on the scene
crew role possibilities: can do electronics (3) and be back-up for repairs (mech-1) and pilot (1) and gunner (1)

Stefan Pérez - 9mm pistol w/15 clips ammo, dagger, combination mask, cloth, medical kit, medscanner
normal carry= 9mm pistol (shoulder holster, L side), dagger R hip, combination mask, cloth (worn)...med supplies only carried when expected to be needed
I gave Stefan a pistol and dagger to have something but he has no skills in them so will have to rely on JoaT and luck with using them
crew role possibilities: back-up medic
All looks good. All PCs have skill level 0 with all Book 1 weapons.

Vacc Suits may be a good idea, but also obviously are costly...

Frank

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#54 Post by joertexas »

Ramona wrote:
joertexas wrote:"I can put in thirty thousand, if that's okay," Vee says.
Ana raises an eyebrow, “Thirty thousand? You must really be in a hurry to get off this rock.”

She takes a sip of her drink as the ground trembles from yet another distant explosion, “I mean before it turns into any more of a crap fest than it already is.”

Ana looks at Manon and Stefan as she pulls four 5,000cr chits out of her pocket and slides them across the table to Wen, “How about you two, you in or out?”
"I don't have anywhere else to invest it," Vee explains with a shrug. "Captain, given the circumstances, I believe we should look at this ship right away. If we are invaded, the new management may not let us fly out of here."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches
Admin-1, Air/Raft-1, Computer-1, Gambling-1, Medic-2, Rifle-1, SMG-1, Streetwise-1.

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#55 Post by Ramona »

joertexas wrote:"I don't have anywhere else to invest it," Vee explains with a shrug. "Captain, given the circumstances, I believe we should look at this ship right away. If we are invaded, the new management may not let us fly out of here."
“Oh I wouldn’t worry about that, even a group of thugs like the Generalissimo of Modron understands the rules, the starport is Imperial property and the lifeblood of the planet.” Ana shrugs and pushes a loose strand of hair back behind her ears, “It might take a month or two but the Imperium would show up in force and put an end to Modron’s party. In the meantime the lack of technical parts required for the mass produce of the atmospheric filters necessary for human life to survive here will probably kill off 40% of the local population.”

She leans forward and grins impishly, “Now a stray rocket or mortar shell accidentally landing on your starship, that is a very real possibility.”

Eris
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#56 Post by Eris »

Ramona wrote:
joertexas wrote:"I don't have anywhere else to invest it," Vee explains with a shrug. "Captain, given the circumstances, I believe we should look at this ship right away. If we are invaded, the new management may not let us fly out of here."
“Oh I wouldn’t worry about that, even a group of thugs like the Generalissimo of Modron understands the rules, the starport is Imperial property and the lifeblood of the planet.” Ana shrugs and pushes a loose strand of hair back behind her ears, “It might take a month or two but the Imperium would show up in force and put an end to Modron’s party. In the meantime the lack of technical parts required for the mass produce of the atmospheric filters necessary for human life to survive here will probably kill off 40% of the local population.”

She leans forward and grins impishly, “Now a stray rocket or mortar shell accidentally landing on your starship, that is a very real possibility.”
"Yeah, that's my worry. There are a lot of shells landing awfully close to the Star Port fence. It would only take one 'oops' to put us out of business." Wen says.

"So, let's load this ship up...you called it the Mazie Star, right?...and get out of here!"Andy chips in.

"I don't know about cargoes out of here, but I bet there are quite a few folks that want to book passage off this world right now, and probably don't care where to, as long as it's somewhere else." Wen says as he stands, "Okay, if we're all in, let's go see the ship and expedite our exit, stage left."
Character Stats
In the Marches, Referee

joertexas
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#57 Post by joertexas »

Eris wrote:"I don't know about cargoes out of here, but I bet there are quite a few folks that want to book passage off this world right now, and probably don't care where to, as long as it's somewhere else." Wen says as he stands, "Okay, if we're all in, let's go see the ship and expedite our exit, stage left."
"I'll leave that decision to you as the captain," Vee says, "but we will need extra supplies to take passengers, and we may not have time to obtain them."
Joe Roberts (JR)
District 268
Prerna Nayar, 7C8A97

In the Marches

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#58 Post by ffilz »

I thought I'd remind you about this:
ffilz wrote:While you are meeting each other in a tavern, a man comes up to you and asks if you have a ship departing for Fogbound in the next week.

Ramona
Ranger
Ranger

#59 Post by Ramona »

ffilz wrote:I thought I'd remind you about this:
ffilz wrote:While you are meeting each other in a tavern, a man comes up to you and asks if you have a ship departing for Fogbound in the next week.
OOG - Oh we remember but in accordance with player / rpg rules we must ignore the obvious adventure set up by the GM regardless of the number of sleepless nights he’s invested in it and strike off on our own forcing him to go completely off the cuff.

ffilz
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#60 Post by ffilz »

Ramona wrote:
ffilz wrote:I thought I'd remind you about this:
OOG - Oh we remember but in accordance with player / rpg rules we must ignore the obvious adventure set up by the GM regardless of the number of sleepless nights he’s invested in it and strike off on our own forcing him to go completely off the cuff.
Oh, no problems, just pointing out you have at least one person interested in passage...

And yea, there's probably others...

Oh, and I don't plan adventures... Sure, I may have placed a few "adventures" from my library here and there. If you engage them, cool, if not, cool. I've also made some use of things like 76 Patrons, or will use various scenario generators to generate additional fun stuff. But you can also decide to ignore all of that and do your own thing. The encounter charts will eventually make something interesting happen...

Frank

Return to “Wine Dark Rift (Classic Traveller)”