TREEHOUSE (tavern)

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: TREEHOUSE (tavern)

#221 Post by SirOwen »

Avaala

"Just green glass, I think." answers Avaala, eating his stew and, from force of habit, spooning a little over Rollo's bowl of bones. "Randall told me they were full of some kind of liquor, originally. He even specifically said that the glass is cheap and breaks easily." He finishes with a grin.
"There is no spoon."

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#222 Post by Bluehorse »

Monocar

Gives a toothy grin as he eats his stew. Once he swallows, he looks to Randall. "that's perfect! Hope Luthar abd Chancy have some good luck getting to the acid. This is starting to come together from the sound of it. Alordan made these rope and hooks, so once we get the acid trap worked out and how to get Scraggly out in the open to hook him, I really think we can make quick work of him."

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#223 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Randall walks up to the Mountain as he eats. He tips one thin glass bottle over in front of him and nothing spills out of it, indicating that the bottles are indeed empty and the green color is just a light tint to the glass.

"Da ticker ones is down der." He motions to the pile below the Treehouse that he already pointed out to Avaala.

SirOwen
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#225 Post by SirOwen »

Avaala

Once done eating, Avaala goes below and starts going through the refuse, gathering the jugs. He also looks through the pile for anything to line one of the crates with, to hold the jugs and bottles as well as soft enough to pad them for the ride.

OOC: Is there a combination of the crates and whatever soft refuse (sawdust, old papers,
whatever) that immediately stands out to Avaala for making something that Avaala and/or Monocar can carry?
"There is no spoon."

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#226 Post by Bluehorse »

Monocar

Excited again and not wanting to be left behind, the big man brings the bowl of stew up to his mouth and has the rest down in a couple of gulps. He grins to Randall "That stew gets better every day." Smiling he drinks down the rest of his grog and smiles. Leaving a tip on the counter. "Thanks again for the meal, Rando! Makes my belly laugh every time!"

Remind me again how much a bowl of stew and a grog is? I'll edit ASAP

He trots after Avaala and quickly begins looking over the pile of refuse with him. "How'd we miss this before?" He isn't a complete fool. He draws his sword and pokes around a little first, lifting some bottles and crates away, making sure there are not nasties waiting inside the trash pile. Experience from his more youthful days of going through the dumpsites back home looking for anything of value like scrap that could be taken to the local blacksmith so he and his brother could made a few extra coins for carnival season.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#227 Post by OGRE MAGE »

The oddball pairing of mage and grunt pay Randall the few coins for their meal and drink before excusing themselves to go search for the better bottles below the tavern. "Juss 2 silva fi da grog an stew, mi fren."

Once they get below, they find that the pile is not exactly what they hoped. Yes, there are quite a few of the bigger clay fired thicker rum jugs scattered around, but the men don't see any crates or boxes of any kind to use for transport. There is certainly no scrap paper to use for insulation, either.

The pile is mostly discarded bits of wood or branches that the fire tenders just haven't burnt up yet. Otherwise there is just broken glass and jugs, smashed and whole, scattered about the area.

Randall smiles at them from above and shouts down as they search. "Is der a dozen dat aint bruk?"

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#228 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Urson wrote:When Chauncey heads for the Hi/Lo, Luther goes to the Treehouse.

Randall- I know I owe you for stew and drinks, and I'm sorry I can't pay you yet. Can I get you to extend me a little more credit for another bowl of stew?
The tight barkeep does not like the idea of handouts. He looks around to make sure that nobody else is within earshot before answering.

I tell ya wha, big bear. Ya agree dat ya can elp Randall out wit some ting in da future, den me give ya a nudder free bowl. Deal?"

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#229 Post by Urson »

Luther

As long as it doesn't involve murder, yes.
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#230 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Randall looks back with feigned shock.

"Of course it no involve murder! Wha kinda guy you tink I is?"

The barkeep ladels out a full bowl of stew and fills a mug with grog, sliding them both in front of Luther with a smile.

"Der ya go, mi fren. Fulljoy!!!"

Randall just stands there in deep thought as Luther eats, possibly trying to think of a favor to ask the burly fighting man.

Urson
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#231 Post by Urson »

Luther

No offense meant, Randall. I've been surprised by 'good folks' before, is all.

Luther digs in, savoring the stew- it may be his last decent meal for a while, depending on how things shake out.

Afterward, he heads for his hut and a decent night's sleep.
Expect Nothing, Appreciate Everything.

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#232 Post by Bluehorse »

Monocar

Keeps digging around with his sword flipping the refuge aside hoping to find something of use. "Doesnt look good, friend. We might be able to cobble something together with some of the scrap wood for carrying them, but I am thining make a basic... and i do mean basic wood frame and maybe do something with some of those big leaves on these weird island trees to fill in the walls of it and for stuffing. If we have to, there may still be some of the branches and whatnot I bucked off the trees the other day too."

He works on tirelessly until they find an adequate amount of bottles or at least all there is to find.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#233 Post by tkrexx »

Lightfinger climbs to the Treehouse.

Ah! Randall! He exclaims, smiling broadly, So good to see you again. What's a Hobbit need to get a bowl of stew and and a tall mug of that fruit juice of yours? He automatically surveys the current patrons, more for safety than potential targets. After all, if these folks had any coin, they wouldn't have come to this island. Once served, he'll carry on the conversation with the good shopkeep. That elderly gentleman, Harold, he hasn't been around lately, has he? I still have a bit of business with him. Good business, mind you.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#234 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Randall smiles broadly when the halfling enters his establishment.

"Good ta see ya too, fren! Glad to see ya still a round ear. One stew and one grog, cumin rite up, mon.

He dishes out the food and drink, setting it in front of the inquisitive hobbit.

"Dats 2 silva, tank ya."

"Me afraid me no no no Arold. Wha him look like?"

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#235 Post by tkrexx »

Lightfinger struggles with all the "No's" in Randall's statement.

Well, he's about your size, tho thinner and fair of complexion, clearly not an island native, and rather older. The Thief finally replies, Wears a robe, and carries a long walking staff. He draws closer and speaks barely above a whisper. I saw him zap a Zombie the day I arrived here. Saved my life, really. He acts out the casting of a magic spell, complete with sound effects. Never got a chance to thank him, unfortunately.
2 sp deducted.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#236 Post by OGRE MAGE »

tkrexx wrote:Lightfinger struggles with all the "No's" in Randall's statement.

Well, he's about your size, tho thinner and fair of complexion, clearly not an island native, and rather older. The Thief finally replies, Wears a robe, and carries a long walking staff. He draws closer and speaks barely above a whisper. I saw him zap a Zombie the day I arrived here. Saved my life, really. He acts out the casting of a magic spell, complete with sound effects. Never got a chance to thank him, unfortunately.
2 sp deducted.
Apparently this is another post I totally missed.

Sorry bout the stop in communication on this one tk. :oops:

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#237 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Storm11 wrote:Storm will head to the bar and ask around about troll killers, not really believing that could be true.
Randall is there, always willing to stretch out the details of any information he knows.

"Yesa! Yesa! It be tru, jano! Dis crazy group of pee-pole went rite out der an kill dat big bastard! Cut em up inta pieces an burnt im up good! Dese are fren of mine if ya want ta meet dem sometime. I can setcha up, jano!"

"So, who you, likkle fella? Ya want some grog?"

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#238 Post by Storm11 »

Storm clambers up onto a stool and slips himself down, hands resting under his chin as he listens to the barman talk in rapt attention.

Wowzers, would I! I surely would! By aunt Salena’s hairy toes that would be amazing. My name is Storm Briarfoot, I am an aspirant of the natural order, a halfling from the shire. Pleased to meet you. Frog? How much is that?
Greys Campaign.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#239 Post by OGRE MAGE »

"NO man! Randall no put no frog in da grog! Dat be disgusting!"

He pours a mug of the thick grey liquid for the tiny patron and hands it to him.

"One silva fi da grog. Da advice is free." Randall smiles wide at his own joke before speaking again.

"A druid ya say? Dats interesting. Me haff a fren name Wes ear dats a druid! An anudder fren who is half-man, like you. He's real bad wit names."

"Mi neva eard of dis shire. Is it close by?"

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#240 Post by Storm11 »

Storm sighs suddenly a little homesick. Ahhh the shire. It’s a beautiful place full of rolling hills and pretty meadows. And hardly ANY flies.

His ears prick up at the mention of Druids and halflings on the island. Were they trollkillers? I should be greatly pleased to meet them! Thanks for the grog is it? Hmmmm it’s ...... cough cough cough weeze, pungent! he says smiling through he pain. He hands over his money.
Greys Campaign.

Return to “Completed Missions”