Chapter 1 (Villain Arc)

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chapter 1 (Villain Arc)

#101 Post by Rukellian »

Gurps Skill Roll [3d6] = 10

The Rook Industries contact gives a curt nod, signaling that terms are acceptable. His fingers perform a rapid series of keystrokes on the computer's keyboard, pushing a button shortly afterward. Within seconds, the contract is printed out and reading for signing. He pulls a pen out of his front pocket and hands it to you.

"I've taken the liberty of stating the conditions of the agreement in plain language for you, once you are doing reviewing it we would like for you to sign here,"
he points to a dotted line next to a large X.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#102 Post by GreyWolfVT »

ok so what does the contract say?

Hot Streak "What nothing about my first born? Or requiring a blood sample? Very well let me see what the contract says." the pyro reads the contract over while having his men and Vorpal watch the Rook Inc. men.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#103 Post by Rukellian »

Contract for Services Rendered

This is a contract entered into by Rook Industries and Hot Streak (a.k.a. Blake Hayes) on this date, mm/dd/yyyy.

The Client hereby engages the Provider to provide services described herein under "Scope and Manner of Services." The Provider hereby agrees to provide the Client with such services in exchange for consideration described herein under "Payment for Services Rendered."

Scope and Manner of Services

Services To Be Rendered By Provider:

<1. Secure the location of Symbiosis and his technologies, whilst also sharing information pertinent to helping find Symbiosis and his technologies with said client.>

<2. Provide private access to armaments prototyped from technologies derived from Symbiosis' work to the client.>

Responsibilities of the Client:

<1. The Client shall send the Provider all information and/or resources that may aid in the endeavor of finding and developing Symbiosis' technologies.

Should the Client fail to provide the necessary information and/or resources needed to accomplish the securing and making of said technologies, access to future prototyped armaments may be forfeit at the Provider's discretion.

Applicable Law

This contract shall be governed by the laws of Atlas City and any applicable Federal law(s) outside of the zone's jurisdiction, where applicable.

Signatures

In witness of their agreement to the terms above, the parties or their authorized agents hereby affix their signatures:

X___________________________________ ____________Rook Industries_______________

(Printed Name of Client or agent) (Printed Name of Provider or agent)

X___________________________________ _____Rook Industries___mm/dd/yyyy_____

(Signature of Client or agent) (Date) (Signature of Provider or agent) (Date)
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#104 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Vincent as Geodan

"Uhh...what are those things? Anyone ever see anything like that before?" He walks over to Granite and makes himself granite. "Those things were making me ill. Some kind of radiation, I think. Hopefully transforming with help."

"I guess we move the rubble to see beyond?"

GreyWolfVT

#105 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Hot Streak lets out a sigh and signs the form as indicated and hands it over to the man in the gas mask "Here you go. Might I inquire as to how you wish to keep in contact with myself so that we can work together to follow the contract to the letter? Also might I get the name of the man I am going into business with?"
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#106 Post by Rukellian »

For Monsieur:

Sand Drift fills you in on the details regarding the zombie-like creatures. Apparently, there was a brief invasion that took place in the Industrial Sector, near one of Rook Industries' new power plants. The invading army was comprised of creatures like these, some more cybernetic than others, but all trained and efficient like soldiers of any other army. No one knows why they attacked the power plant, nor why they all suddenly vanished after a brief skirmish with heroes. They haven't made any other appearances until today, so not much else is known about them, most of the bodies and tech disappearing with them.

You join Granite in clearing out the rubble. With the combined strength of the two of you, you manage to create an opening for everyone to enter a grate on the floor, formerly underneath the pile of rubble. Looking down below, you can see a green glow. The glow reminds you of the creatures you found strewn across the warehouse floor. You hear Shrike chime in the background, "Ladies first."

Sand Drift just rolls her eyes, as if she hadn't heard that before in a potentially dangerous situation. Sending a stream of sand down to scout out the area underneath, a few seconds go by before she summons the stream back. "My sand picked up some crystalline deposits down below, most likely more of the stuff that those zombies back there were made of. Could be dangerous to breathe in."

Shrike volunteers to stay topside and keep watch of the area since he didn't bring any breathing equipment with him. Sand Drift, too, stays with Shrike, not wanting to take any chances with getting sick from potential radiation in the air.

-------

For GreyWolfVT:

The contact gives you a number for his cell. Judging from its make, it looks like a burner phone. "You will be able to remain in contact with Rook Industries through me." He asks the same of you so that they have someone to call to relay new information and future business arrangements. "I am referred to as Knight 8B. On behalf of Rook Industries, I thank you for entering into a contract with us. May our business together prove prosperous for us both."

He collects the contract, double checks to make sure the signatures are there and feeds it into the suitcase, much like a FAX machine. He then motions for one of his guards to retrieve the gun and for another to hail their transport. "Once we have the weapon analyzed, we will be able to start sharing information with you on Symbiosis' whereabouts. You mentioned you had a lead for us?"

GreyWolfVT

#107 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Hot Streak relays the location of the warehouse he and Vorpal recently raided to the contact. "Is there anything more you'd like from me?" the pyro says with a cool head despite a nagging feeling that he is being screwed over in this contract. Sharing a knowing look to Vorpal to relay that feeling while wearing his usual smirk.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#108 Post by Rukellian »

"You mentioned the origin of these creatures by name, Symbiosis. Reason would lead me to believe you know more about him than what you've let on. Where was the last time you saw him? Perhaps a description of his base of operations would be a nice start, where you met him, details like that. The more we know about the guy, and how his mind works, the better we can understand his tech, all assuming he actually made the rifle you've shown us."

GreyWolfVT

#109 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Hot Streak lets out a long sigh "The last time I and my sword armed friend here saw that prick was on his island. He mad us fight his little creations I suspect he hoped we'd die fighting them. His little super mutant army. Other than that it was not until more recently that we saw his creations here I suspect he is moving forward with some plan to rule the whole city with his monsters. I'm enjoying putting those creations down. He also creates apparently these weapons to arm the monsters with. As if they aren't already enough trouble with out them."

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#110 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Is the form I'm in now able to withstand the radiation? I guess, do I notice any ill effects?

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#111 Post by Rukellian »

Monsieur Rose wrote:Is the form I'm in now able to withstand the radiation? I guess, do I notice any ill effects?
No ill effects while in granite form.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#112 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Vincent as Geodan

He turns to Granite. "So. Ready to head towards danger again? Let's find out what those deposits are." Geodan cracks his neck, lifts the grate, and hops down.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#113 Post by Rukellian »

For Monsieur:

Granite follows your lead as you both crash into the depths of the tunnel below the warehouse. The impact stirs up some dust in the air, but you are unphased by it. As your eyes adjust to the darkness, the first thing you notice is that the tunnel was collapsed too, not just the entrance, though whoever did it did a poor job in sealing all the cracks. Through the rocky rubble, you can see a distinct glow in the darkness, those crystals from earlier.

[3d6] = 13

As you start to clear the rubble, you can hear the sounds of something trying to do the same on the other side. The sounds are unintelligible, as if they came from wild animals, but have a distinct 'zombie' like shriek to them. Whatever it is, it sounds like there are a lot of them.

Granite just kind of looks over at you with an expression that says, '50/50?'

------

For GreyWolfVT:

"An island you say? This is a good start. We will know where to look now. Thank you for your cooperation." It is at this moment that you hear the deafening sound of a transport land up above. "Looks like my ride is here. We will be in touch shortly." With the high tech rifle secured safely, the Rook Industries group departs.

Once they depart, Vorpal looks over at you and says sarcastically, "That went well." You could tell he wanted to crack some heads, just to prove that he could. The fact that nothing happened was an incredible display of self-restraint on his part.

GreyWolfVT

#114 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Hot Streak nods "Indeed a little too well, either I'm better at smooth talking than I thought or we're getting the shaft on this deal. I don't like it. Trust me I wanted to burn the body guards and watch you skewer the man in the gas mask." he says with grim satisfaction "But we both know we could have done so fairly easily, unless the man in the mask had powers of course. I imagine being a tech employee he likely is technologically enhanced abilities to say the least. However we can't have an army to burn the world if we kill everyone we meet. If that damned psycho and cowboy hadn't went their own paths we would still have great allies. So now we are forced to locate more like us. Come lets take out leave of this place." heading back to HQ he motions to Vorpals' men to follow and signal the rest to come with. "Maybe we can find some of those Lost or Skulls to kill on the way back."

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#115 Post by Rukellian »

While leaving the building, you hear and see a strange sight, considering you are not the one that did it. From a rooftop nearby you see a rocket fire and directly hit the Rook Industries transport in the sky. The transport loses control and crashlands in a nearby block. You can hear gunfire erupt from the streets. Vorpal takes one look at you and his men and silently mouths "WTF?" It's clear that he didn't give the orders to his men.

GreyWolfVT

#116 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Hot Streak gives the same look back and heads off to see if he can scout the area really fast and return with some intel using his super speed. He mouths "be right back" and holds up a hand with index finger extended indicating give me a minute. Points and mouths "stay here" then runs off.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#117 Post by Rukellian »

Hot Streak speeds to the source of the commotion. A short distance away from the burning wreck of a Rook Industries' transport, a fight between the four armed guards and someone else ensues. The guards shoot sporadically as they try to land a hit on something very fast. Hot Streaks trained eyes can see who it is though. The man fighting the guards wields a large katana and is donned in a black trench coat. A pair of jet black wings burst forth from the man's back and seems to help propel him into the air, allowing him to perform aerial bullet parrying maneuvers.

With graceful ease, the winged man spirals in the air and deflects assault rifle sprays of bullets, all the while closing in on the guards. For a second, the winged man takes notice of your sudden appearance and looks in your direction. Your eyes meet. No doubt about it. Raven is attacking the Rook Industries men, bringing a sword to a gunfight and winning.

GreyWolfVT

#118 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Hot Streak super speeds off to Vorpal to inform him they had best get the hell out despite his urge to attack the old "friend" Hot streak knows enough of Vorpals men likely will not fare well against Raven.

Monsieur Rose
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#119 Post by Monsieur Rose »

Victor as Geodan

Geodan cracks his neck, stretches his arms and nods. "After you." He whispers to Granite. He picks up a large rock and waits for an opening to appear.

This should be fun. I've been wondering how well this group can fight since we met.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#120 Post by Rukellian »

For Monsieur:

Granite nods and gives the okay sign. Already limber from his earlier stretches and doesn't waste any time in making a nice first impression for the creatures. Winding up a punch, almost like a baseball player throwing a pitch, he steps back and then lunges forward, his solid fist connecting with the pile of rubble blocking the tunnel entrance. There is an explosion of rock and dirt kicked up into the air. The surrounding tunnel around you shakes upon impact, and when the dust clears, the tunnel is magically unclogged of earthen debris.

A few of the creatures directly behind the wall of rock got flatten from the punch and resulting explosion of debris. Those that survived charge at you and Granite, unphased by the loss of their own.
ichnorite%20mutant.jpg
ichnorite%20mutant.jpg (325.08 KiB) Viewed 428 times
[2d8] = 9 Nine charge at you two. Roll against perception on top of any other actions you want to perform.

-----

For GreyWolfVT:

"Shit, I ain't going to send my men out to die, not against your old pal." Vorpal nods his head in agreement. "Let's get out of here. If those Rook guys are as half as good as they say they are, then they should be fine.... probably." Vorpal just grins.

Return to “Rebirth of Power (4e GURPS)”