Depot battle

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Depot battle

#141 Post by wolfpack »

you all move first

however I will say the last locust is going to flee full speed. if you want to chase I will add a new board.
factorypos2.png
factorypos2.png (1.05 MiB) Viewed 836 times

BuckshotChuck
Guide
Guide

#142 Post by BuckshotChuck »

"If that locust takes off, one good shot in the back has a good chance of stopping him."David shares with the others. "But he is just as fast as I am on the open ground. Your call Dagger. "
____________________________________________________________________________________________

Diamond_Spear
Tracker
Tracker

#143 Post by Diamond_Spear »

"Sir, our objective is the heat sinks," Zeke Radios. "And with three downed mechs to salvage we're having a good day in anyone's book."

Recklessfireball
Ranger
Ranger

#144 Post by Recklessfireball »

"Yeah," replies Gene. "Shadows right. Let him go; we need to grab those heat sinks and proceed to the rally point. Outstanding work, gentlemen. Now let's grab the loot and get moving."

So saying, Harlow sends the rally coordinates over a tight-beam encrypted channel to his lance mates and moves toward the heat sinks.

BuckshotChuck
Guide
Guide

#145 Post by BuckshotChuck »

"We should also check out the 2 buildings real quick to make sure there is nothing we weren't expecting but might want tograb. "
____________________________________________________________________________________________

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#146 Post by wolfpack »

The final mech takes off at full speed leaving the field of battle.

You move in towards the storage warehouse. You see the abandoned large tractor trailers with long flat beds. Each truck has 4 large shipping containers (picture the kind that cars are packed in and shipped from over seas) stacked 2 high and strapped down with metal cables.

You realize the a mech with two hands can pick up the entire setup and carry it and it will slow you down only slightly.

There are 3 such trucks (6 shipping containers total)

Recklessfireball
Ranger
Ranger

#147 Post by Recklessfireball »

"All right. Shadow and Ivan check the warehouse. Spectre and I will grab the sinks. If you find anything interesting in the warehouse you can carry in one hand, grab it. Otherwise, we'll move out to the rally point."

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#148 Post by wolfpack »

The side of the warehouse is ripped open so a mech can enter.

Some civilians go running and screaming as the mechs enter. Inside you find mining equipment (bulldozers, excavators, rock trucks, ect.) and some large bins full of coal.

It takes a mech with 2 hands to carry one of the trucks (so basically 1 truck per mech)

Diamond_Spear
Tracker
Tracker

#149 Post by Diamond_Spear »

"Roger", Zeke replies heading towards the warehouse.

OOC: What the hell, how about a scrounge roll to see if there's anything interesting hiding in here.
Scrounge [2d6] = 7

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#150 Post by wolfpack »

Nothing outside of what you would find in a normal mining operation.

Diamond_Spear
Tracker
Tracker

#151 Post by Diamond_Spear »

"Nothing worth anything in here sir," Zeke says. "You want us to grab a mech before we head back?"

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#152 Post by wolfpack »

here is what you have to make a decision on. Carrying the trucks can be done by a single mech but it is large enough to slow the mech down 2 mp. A mech trying to drag another mech can be done but cuts movement to 1/2 walking rate.

Do you slow yourself down to drag a mech back now, or move as quick as you can to the rally point.

BuckshotChuck
Guide
Guide

#153 Post by BuckshotChuck »

The Spider moves and picks up a truck. -2 MP only puts me down to 6/9

Recklessfireball
Ranger
Ranger

#154 Post by Recklessfireball »

"Negative, Shadow," replies Gene. "We have our objective. We'll notify the Major of the salvage here. He can send back some techs to pick it up if we have time to grab it before extraction."

Gene moves to one of the flat-beds and picks it up, moving out towards the rally point. "Okay, people- fall in. Close formation. Sensors on sweep. Anybody sees anything, give a shout out. Let's move."

Diamond_Spear
Tracker
Tracker

#155 Post by Diamond_Spear »

"Roger", Zeke replies, grabbing a truck and starting to move off.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#156 Post by wolfpack »

I will use zekes scrounge roll from earlier. If you pull the arm off the wasp you downed your techs can repair Ivan's hand and ML.

wolfpack
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#157 Post by wolfpack »

continued in rally point thread

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#158 Post by GreyWolfVT »

since this game moves too fast for me to keep up with replies for earlier actions....

Ivan "Masterful kill there, the laser bast and then stomping on the mech. I love it!. in response to the end of combat. "Bastards gotta pay for wrecking my mech. But you say let em flee then roger that sir." to commands to let the enemy flee and to check the buildings "Lets get to the rally point and off this shit hole. I'm takin that laser off the downed wasp too, so don't anyone else take it."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Return to “[Mechwarrior 2] 3028 campaign”