OOC IV

AleBelly
Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: OOC IV

#301 Post by Zhym »

Oh, and there's Chet, who's hard to place in a marching order. He's fast and great at punching things, but is probably around AC 7 right now and somewhere around 12 HP or so. So maybe not who we want in front.

Here's a first draft marching order:

Angus Hyde
Figgis Yenny
Galan Kamblamicus
Dandelion Chet

That puts the squishy casters in the rear middle, Yenny right behind the front-line fighters for healing purposes, and two strong fighters in the rear in case of attack from behind (or a need to reverse course without changing everyone around). Angus is in front, on the assumption that we'll want his damage bonus in melee (which I guess I don't let anyone forget about :P). We could move Dandelion and/or Chet up, possibly swapping with Figgis, but that would leave our rear a bit softer (as it were). Nothing against Dandelion.

What do you think?

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#302 Post by AleBelly »

Note from GM: you all will be rested and at full HP when you set out.

Chet's player (my son) is sitting right next to me. He wants to inform you that he has 25 HP. Chet is happy to take back or front, and Chet's player is bragging about his skill with his fists and spetum. :roll:

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#303 Post by Zhym »

25? Nice. I was assuming he didn't have an HP bonus. Monks have to have 15+ in strength, wisdom, and dexterity, which makes it unlikely that another 15+ roll will be available for constitution. But I also forgot that monks start with two d4 for HP.

If HP is semi-public, I'll divulge that Angus has 35 HP.

AleBelly, are new PCs still coming in at level 1? If not, that might affect the marching order.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#304 Post by AleBelly »

Yeah, a CON bonus is huge with a d4.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#306 Post by onlyme »

Dandelion can hold her own wherever in the line you need her. She isnt great at spotting traps however, as she was taught to properly look ahead when she walks and not down toward the floor.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Tamerlaine
Ranger
Ranger

#307 Post by Tamerlaine »

The party will likely be underground so having Figgis as a dwarf will help as far his racial abilities and then there is his detect traps as a thief. That's why he should be up front at least. In combat he's no hero so his placement in the chaos will be fluid and opportunistic (and selfish) at best

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#308 Post by Zhym »

I don't know if we're supposed to keep this secret, but is Figgis first level? If so, that's an awfully fragile target in the front of the group.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#309 Post by AleBelly »

Yes, new PCs still joining at lvl 1. Except KR, which was a special replacement situation.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#310 Post by AleBelly »

Hi all,

I had a work thing blow up today and my car battery died, so I'm going to be working late then hitting the auto parts store - I'm afraid the new expedition won't be setting out until tomorrow. Sorry.

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#311 Post by onlyme »

AleBelly wrote:Hi all,

I had a work thing blow up today and my car battery died,
I hope the two aren't related.
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#313 Post by tkrexx »

Tomorrow is soon enough.

Ya'll got Hyde kicked when it comes to hp... The fool stings like a buffalo but dies like a flea. With his CON, he otto be stratospheric at this point, but he's just a few ahead of Chet!

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#314 Post by Zhym »

So swap Dandelion and Hyde in the marching order?

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#315 Post by tkrexx »

Not necessarily, his AC is quite good, (1/4) but he'll be happy anywhere. Typically close to front where he can do the most damage, then be replaced (or healed) when heavily wounded.
This is where I waffle between putting Angus in leather and dressing him up like a tin can. Tin can is better for close combat, but leather is more suitable for scouting. I've occasionally even thought about having him keep a change of armor on Beelzebub.
As I recall, Hyde's studded leather is still stowed on the poor animal. While he's capable of scouting and sneakery, there are others so much better suited. Tin-canned and up front seems logical. I just hope Galan has an invisibility spell!

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#316 Post by Zhym »

AleBelly, would you mind shrinking the images or putting them in spoiler tags? My browser makes everything as wide as the widest image on the page, which keeps text from scrolling properly. Thanks!

Nuke66
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#317 Post by Nuke66 »

Bluehorse wrote:I look forward to a day when my sons can play with me here :) #LifeGoals
I look forward to the time when my son's WILL play with me

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#318 Post by AleBelly »

Bluehorse wrote:Kablamicus

Walks out about 5 minutes past fashionably late, wearing a hat that is obviously new and ridiculously big with an extra wide brim and vertical stripped designs of alternating bright and dark blue that are sure to make even the least fashion savvy in the group cringe even as they realize that particular monocle has passed on their new companion. It doesn't get any better for their new companion as the owl fleets down onto his shoulder and the mage begins to speak to it.

"Ah! Sophmore, about time you showed up. I expect my familiars to be prompt! Remember that! What? What's that? No...
no! I don't care that you are tired... No, no, no. You work for me now. You must get used to holding more reasonable hours. No more of this Nightowl... oh.. Well, you will have to adjust. I don't care what you call natural! Bah! A few days and you will be adjusted just fine! You infernal bird! Listen to me! I am up each morning before dawn, and I expect you to be ready to begin work then. Go to bed?!
Are you insane?! No, you simply must get used to daylight hours! End of discussion................. What did you just call me?! I'll have you know I spent a goodly amount of resources on you, I can send you back! You would would you? Well, want in one hand and crap in the other and see which one fills up first!........................... You. Wouldn't. Dare.... No, hear this you half cooked poultry dinner, I am a respectable mage of the tower and you should feel privileged, PRIVILEGED! to be my familiar. Now, act like it.

Unfortunately, their new mage companion spends most of the morning arguing with his new pet like this until he realizes he is speaking to a sleeping bird, and apparently has been for about the past hour while lecturing it. Grumbling something about a fine strew with lentils he continues on somewhat silent for a while until they come to within sight of their destination.

"Ewwwrr... Ugly... I hate it."

Once they are inside their accommodations, he begins arguing with Sophmore again and eventually allows him to fly out the window, grumbling about good help and pouting in his seat a bit with his spellbook.
:lol: :lol:

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#319 Post by Zhym »

onlyme wrote:Dandelion remarks to their new traveling partner how wonderful his new hat complements his personality. She quietly notes to herself that he must be at the forefront of new trends, and she must certainly pick up a similar garment before returning to town.
:lol: :lol:

You people are awesome.

Return to “The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)”