OOC IV

AleBelly
enn.in.me
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: OOC IV

#281 Post by enn.in.me »

Sadly somebody burned the best magic item--the ever-unfolding note. I was sure there would be some way to weaponize it, but there you go...

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#282 Post by Storm11 »

Tempus will detect everything for magic before we finally decide what to do with it all. What was chronia's tear again? If Yenny could Augury if the disks are safe to use or not that would be fab.
Greys Campaign.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#283 Post by Zhym »

I feel pretty strongly that Chronia's Tear should be off the regular group loot table. Angus got it in a one-on-one interaction in which he made a personal choice to give up a year of his own life.

No need to include it in a Detect Magic. Angus knows that it's magic and knows what it does.

For that matter, the others might not even know he has it.

enn.in.me
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#284 Post by enn.in.me »

I am in full support that Angus has paid in full for Chronia's tear. I would, however, add that the PCs not knowing about the loot is, I think, irrelevant to the players' agreement on how magic items get split up. This is relevant to whether Detect Magic or any other spell gets cast on it, but not to how it gets counted in the great divide.

I would add that if others' had been attempting to take Chronia up on her offer but that Angus' player "won the bid" to do so, then that would, in my opinion, count as multiple players vying for the same item. Not sure if that happened.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#285 Post by Zhym »

Agreed on all counts.

As I remember it, Angus was alone in the room with Chronia. He asked if there was anything he could do for her, and she asked to touch him, which would cost a year of his life. After the touch, she gave him her tear. Then he rejoined the rest of the group.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#286 Post by Zhym »

Just a reminder that Angus gets a nice big damage bonus against orcs and ogres.

In case you were wondering. ;)

Storm11
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#287 Post by Storm11 »

As if we could ever forget. :lol:

It doesn't really make a lot of difference to the rest of us, and he misses just as much as he hits, so unless he's planning on taking on the orcs and ogres single handed it isn't really that much of a consideration to my mind. The orcs are quiet. The ogres are possibly not so much, so it would be between the two I think. Maybe we could go to both, or split into two teams? As a Druid the halfling would be more concerned with what's happening to the natural world I think than to monsters. Do you know what I mean? Am not trying to be nasty here.
Greys Campaign.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#288 Post by AleBelly »

Feel free to provision yourselves in the 'town errands' thread if your character needs anything. Yenny, you should assume quite a bit of Greek fire is available since it's been two years since you last depleted their reserves :lol:

Feel free to continue to commiserate in the tavern in the Chapter 14 thread. It does sound like there is interest in investigating the boar issue. As we've done in the past, please let me know which (if any) mission your PC wishes to commit to, and we'll track it here. Right now it looks like:

Boars
Tempus
Chet
Dandelion

Obviously this is subject to change. Please feel free to discuss here or in the Chapter 14 thread. New folks, I hope this isn't too confusing!

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#289 Post by Zhym »

Angus wants to help the people of Strod by delving into the orc holes. The ogres and boars seem to pose less of a direct threat to people at the moment.

enn.in.me
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#290 Post by enn.in.me »

Yenny will put in with Angus. Boars if he wants to go along with the gang, ogres or orcs if not.

Tamerlaine
Ranger
Ranger

#291 Post by Tamerlaine »

Figgis inclined toward the orc stronghold figuring there is much more treasure with humanoids than with big porkies.

AleBelly
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#292 Post by AleBelly »

Tamerlaine wrote:Figgis inclined toward the orc stronghold figuring there is much more treasure with humanoids than with big porkies.
Figgis is a practical dwarf. I like it.

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#293 Post by tkrexx »

Ogres and Orcs and Boars, oh my. You know someone had to say it. Hyde loves wild pig. He'd love to clobber some Ogres. The Orc city would come in 3rd.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#294 Post by Zhym »

What if the orc group also did ogres?

tkrexx
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#295 Post by tkrexx »

Kinda likely to be that way, ain't it? ;)

Tamerlaine
Ranger
Ranger

#296 Post by Tamerlaine »

With regard to party formation, Figgis will want scout ahead using his infravision, using chalk symbols to guide as needed. Outdoors most preferably toward the rear

enn.in.me
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#297 Post by enn.in.me »

Yenny is happy near the front, but not in the front, typically. Although she is short and can see in the dark. She is also not so quiet.

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#298 Post by Zhym »

This is where I waffle between putting Angus in leather and dressing him up like a tin can. Tin can is better for close combat, but leather is more suitable for scouting. I've occasionally even thought about having him keep a change of armor on Beelzebub.

What he needs is some metal armor of stealth. :)

Anyway, Angus can probably go front-ish, and may be able to scout when outdoors, although the trip to Strod might not need it. I imagine Hyde will want to be up front. How's Dandelion on HP and AC?

onlyme
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#299 Post by onlyme »

tisk tisk. You dont ask a lady those questions...

3s and 4s
Dandelion - female half-orc beautyqueen in training (The Lone City in the Wildlands) OSRIC
Halfpint - female halfling badgirl wannabe (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL
Mark'd - charismatic human fighter (Lab Lord- The North Marches) LL

Zhym
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#300 Post by Zhym »

That's AC?

Angus is about the same in his tin can outfit. Might be a push on HP, I'm guessing. So we could put whoever we like up front.

Return to “The Lone City in the Wildlands (OSRIC)”